Borderlands 3

GazzaGarratt

IMG_20181201_084315.jpeg

Sounds like we'll be getting the news we all were expecting at The Game Awards next week.

Randy Pitchford from Gearbox Software put out a few tweets that pretty much sums up we should get an announcement and maybe even a trailer in the coming days

IMG_20181201_084304.jpeg

I missed out on the start of Borderlands 2 but really enjoyed the style of play and co-operative missions you could do even after a few years of being out. Here's hoping this will be a massive group up game for us all.

After Battleborn, probably not. 

I bloody hope it does and I think they'll learn from other large game company mistakes. They're taking a long time to work towards a third in the series and I'd rather they took their time rather than get another half assed game out at launch.

3 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

Its gonna go down like a lead balloon if they do this as most want to see a Borderlands 3 but from that trailer I can't see it being that game anytime soon.

Gearbox misread the market badly with Battleborn so if Borderlands 3 is anything Battle Royale related; that will probably end up going the same way aka DOA. They should've made Borderlands 3 ages ago instead of ploughing money and time into risky concepts so anything less than the typical Boderlands format here wont be received well IMO. 

Cautiously optimistic. However it's one of the best titles of all time and there was a lot of awesome stuff in the trailer, including my girl Tiny Tina all grown up. on April 3rd there will be more information on their website and there already has been a lot of spoilers/ other things pointed out since today's trailer.

Second, their entire presentation was complete horseshit. I felt they kept the crowd hostage with games no one cared about and knew they had them by the balls because of the new Borderland game announcement.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

8 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

Second, their entire presentation was complete horseshit. I felt they kept the crowd hostage with games no one cared about and knew they had them by the balls because of the new Borderland game announcement.

They dragged it on by an hour and when they did reveal the presentation of the Handsome Collection and Borderlands 3, it was marred by technical difficulties.  Both trailers were stuttering and running at about 10fps so they restarted it and it still didn't work. Luckily at the time they already had the reveal trailer up on the official channel but the whole thing was a bit of a shambles from start to finish. 

4 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

They dragged it on by an hour and when they did reveal the presentation of the Handsome Collection and Borderlands 3, it was marred by technical difficulties.  Both trailers were stuttering and running at about 10fps so they restarted it and it still didn't work. Luckily at the time they already had the reveal trailer up on the official channel but the whole thing was a bit of a shambles from start to finish. 

They were pissed at PAX for that nonsense.

On 3/29/2019 at 1:51 PM, The3rdWalker said:

They were pissed at PAX for that nonsense.

I watched most of it not long afterwards and at times it was abit of a mess.

Funnily enough though I thought Randy was pretty good to listen to and the card trick with the board game was a little nonsensical fun (I won't deny I nearly ordered it).

They have to naturally string these things out to keep you interested in all the other stuff and I doubt the people in the room cared too much as they all got a copy of the 4K ready Borderlands Collection game too.

I'm just disappointed waiting all that time for an awesome trailer but with no release date whatsoever. Not even a year.

Just now, GazzaGarratt said:

I watched most of it not long afterwards and at times it was abit of a mess.

Funnily enough though I thought Randy was pretty good to listen to and the card trick with the board game was a little nonsensical fun (I won't deny I nearly ordered it).

They have to naturally string these things out to keep you interested in all the other stuff and I doubt the people in the room cared too much as they all got a copy of the 4K ready Borderlands Collection game too.

I'm just disappointed waiting all that time for an awesome trailer but with no release date whatsoever. Not even a year.

Website on April 3.

2 minutes ago, The3rdWalker said:

It's on the video, from the moment it was uploaded.

image.thumb.png.7cca47cca71c494452d1eaed99121cba.png

I know that, I'm on about knowing the actual release date for the game. Do you think we'll get one tomorrow via the website?

Awesome! Now that's great to hear it's not far away at all!!

Gonna really get behind this one after missing the boat on B1 and B2 (although I've played them years later for a small period).

Hi, yes. 
Borderlands, best series of games ever.. ish. We don't talk about the Pre-sequel.

I will definitely be investing hundreds, if not thousands, of hours into Borderlands 3. 
I have poured years of my life into Both Borderlands 1 and 2. I bought all the DLC for both of them. They could sell me a cardboard box and I would buy it.

They know their audience, and they know how to make a good game, fun loot, ridiculous story, good co-op. It's a fantastic formula and it doesn't look like they're messing with it much.  This is good.
A lot of people might think they're playing it safe, or making a mistake by not innovating. But the style of this game is what the players love. If they had made drastic changes, like the Pre-sequel, it wouldn't be as popular.

All in all, 9/13 cannot come soon enough. 

I was almost tempted to buy B1 Remaster, but I have played it too much and would rather starve myself of anything Borderlands until B3.