The FG Awards 2018 - THE RESULTS!

29415657577_260572ccff_h.jpg

Well, what an awesome day people. An amazing day, new people to meet, tons of games to play, banter to be had.

The pictures below hopefully show some of the fun that went on - later in the night on the guys went to the lobby area where it was a little quieter and I was thinking it was a good time to get the couple of awards done so people could enjoy some more games...and then Rich led the way to explain that I would hate the next bit, which was you guys to say thanks to me. I was took back as you'd think, I want to make you guys feel special not myself! [emoji23] However, the kind words that you all said to me meant the world. They always do. The presents were far too overwhelming (I still gladly took them![emoji23]) but know as I look at my first ever Funko Pops and have a cuppa in my new awesome mug and pyjamas I'll always know I have the best friends I could ever wish for.

20181125_203832.jpeg

So now that was out of the way I could give out the awards to the people that were in attendance.

I created 8 awards for the first ever FG Awards. I'm hoping you can see why they were created and I'm hoping you all will give us lots of feedback of which really work and which ones that are missing - surely this is just the beginning [emoji6]

First up is was Young FGer of the Year. I want to recognise the younger generation that where it all starts. A person that has actually helped some of us out on certain missions and I've seen first hand that he will certainly be MLG if his Dad sorts out the best gaming PC he can when he scores ridiculously amazing goals on Rocket League.

Young FGer of the Year - ajay--1997 (Alex Morgan)

Next was FG Noobie of the Year. I wanted an award to recognise new people are just as important as existing FGers. This guy whilst knowing that he isn't used to being the most extrovert person, joined this year after seeing what the fun was like on a FG GTA Friday. Since then he's really helped the site with recommendations, new interesting posts, offered PC games up for free and got involved in new events like Gran Turismo timetrials and I know that's even harder to do when you're new and suffer from anxiety moments quite a lot. I'm proud to call this guy a genuine mate and brilliant to meet him in the flesh.

FG Noobie of the Year - @Spacedeck (Harold)

The next one had to be in there. We call out Guardian Down a lot for people that do genuine funny moments and get stuck in a right mess when we're playing. Dying a lot is frustrating, especially playing with Diddums, and you'd think he'd always win this, but this guy has made jumping off a cliff into death a personal achievement to take the title off Didds - something I or you guys thought we'd never see. His 34 minute failure on Destiny's Raid Lair jumping puzzle wins it.

FG Guardian Down Award - @Kemp210 (James)

We have to have one for the joker of the pack. One that this year has been the most annoying person you'll ever meet, talk to, play with...I could go on. But the night is never dull when he jumps in the party. I don't think he could ever be not funny either (hard to say, I know). From my point of view when you hear a chat party change it's vibe immediately when he says "Hellooooooo", you can't buy that.

FG Archbishop of Banterbury - @Diddums

The next one is to recognise top skills that we are lucky enough to see here and able to play with the guy. There's some amazing players here, ones that I could only wish that I had the same reactions and button memory moments as them. This guy has without a doubt made Destiny his own and not only pushed his limits to Solo a few of the most difficult challenges within it, he has supported most people on Destiny at FG getting unique and hard rewards. Rewards that if he wasn't here then we may now have the chance to get them. I always know the raid will get beat if he's in the squad.

FG Skills Award - @Horrible_Hector

Next up is FGer of the Year. We should recognise great support and all round amazing things that an individual does around here this year, especially around their busy work life which he deserves after nearly losing his job last year. Whilst I'm a positive guy, I can have my down moments but this guy can keep the place rocking and help out where he can. He given an enormous amount of ideas to the community, supported with donations and ideas for the Feel Good Fund, he's spent countless hours on getting people's videos and putting them together to make fun moments for us all to look back on. You can't beat making memories - and he ain't a bad Junkrat either. If he wasn't here, we wouldn't have half the stuff going on. He really is top draw.

FGer of the Year - @tronic44

The last 2 are going to be the first entries into the Hall of Fame. Something that it's right for us to acknowledge key people that have supported through thick and thin and are a real asset to FG. If these people weren't here, the place wouldn't be the same.

The first is a true legend that has done countless acts of generosity and tried to find many ways to help people here, and also keep the place alive. Even though his work may get in the way a lot more than he likes, he's always around and sharing info where possible. The guy has a huge heart and is always there to talk to for any gaming or personal life advice. That's huge in a world where people need that person to listen sometimes.

The next one is a gent and an absolute star. His kindness never ceases to amaze me, he has the patient of a saint and will always get involved where he can. I don't even realise he could be old enough to be most people's dad here but at the same time I know that if I or others had the chance he'd be a fine Father figure to all of us. I'm proud to call this guy an FGer and I know he would be there for anyone when they needed support.

FG Hall of Fame - Chris @TigerBurge and Dave @Plumbers Crack

20181125_204601.jpeg

I want to personally thank everyone for being around this year and I hope we can have a fantastic Xmas and an even better 2019.

GGFG

Nice job everyone.

I want to personally say that I'm happy to see Chris honored as a HoF member. He's a great guy and very deserving.

Nice job, Lee. You're amazing dude.

Via the FG App

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Wow. I’m really at a loss of words. Thank you guys. I know I’m getting old but damn didn’t think I was old enough for a hall of fame,now Dave @Plumbers Crack is a true hall of famer 

As he's not on the forum (yet....), I'd like to thank everyone on behalf of Alex for the Young FGer of the year award.  I'm hoping all this early investment in PC's and consoles and non-stop nagging off the wife is going to pay off for me in the future........

HpX7kzY.jpg

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

I'm a bit late here, as I've been swamped with work as of late.
But I did want to come here and say thank you to everyone. 

I've always been one to putting other's needs before my own and helping in any way I can.
I figure, I better use these skills I have before I grow up and lose them like the rest of you.
Jokes, obviously. 

I embrace my new last name of Morales, and hope to help you lot in any way I can in the future. Because this place is home to us all, and we're as annoying as a family.