$20 Gun

J4MES OX4D

10 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

You only need another 400 CP James...what’s that, $4? Betcha get it! 😂😂😂

Oh that's not my account - I got this image online.  My COD points account balance stands at zero and will remain at zero😎

Wow, even the COD cocksuckers are raging at this move.

Apparently the $20 gun was also a unique pre-order bonus from Gamestop but instead of creating something new, Treyarch just took that gun and put a price tag on it, making it available to everyone willing to pay. You also don't get it straight away either - you are paying to unlock the challenges and have to complete those to get the gun variant. The word variant is bullshit anyway - if this was Black Ops 2, it would be called a camo - camo that can be used on any gun and cost about $2. 

People are just as annoyed with Treyarch's laziness. Infinity Ward may be criticised for the quality of their games but at least they put effort into developing guns that are unique, challenging to unlock and have differences in the variants giving some merit to the buzz word. Sledgehammer also did well with the limited appeal and design of the WW2 weapons. Treyarch have no excuse though - these are their own bullshit fictional weapon creations and they can't even be arsed to design new stuff - instead they take any existing assets and put it behind a paywall - even 'exclusive' pre-orders. It was bad enough the back of stuff to earn in the tiers but this is a new low of being lazy. 

The amount of big COD YouTuber's speaking out against this will hopefully resonate with even the biggest wallet/pants open COD fans.  I used to admire Treyarch but now they couldn't give a shit about the community and just seem more content on trying to milk as much for Activision. Hopefully this time it will backfire. 

10 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

So it’s their fault that people are stupid and will pay $20 for it. 

This. Can’t blame 3arch for exploiting peoples stupidity. If people are actually dumb enough to pay $20 for a skin on one of the worst guns in the game and a sidearm at that, they deserve to be robbed by activision/treyarch.

11 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

So it’s their fault that people are stupid and will pay $20 for it. 

Will they though this time? Seems the move has alienated even the most hardened COD cocksuckers which could see huge numbers throw the towel in on the game entirely.  Activision said a couple of weeks ago that the sales of both Destiny 2 Forsaken and BO4 were disappointing so they would be more aggressive in their monetization but if this is the end result, it could cost them more in the long run than they'll make out of the few idiots happy to pay.  Recycling an exclusive pre-order item that was available to buy on eBay for $1 isn't gonna tempt many people and Activision's greed/desperation may come unstuck especially with Treyarch half-arsing it. 

I've always said I'm fine with MTXs as long as they're cosmetic but Treyarch and Activision are royally taking the piss with this. £20 for a couple of skins?! Fuck right off with this bullshit. If something was decent I'd pay £2 (the prices skins were in BO2) or whatever but I will not pay ridiculous amounts. TitanFall has it right with skins: you paid £3 and got a skin pack with 12 skins or so that could be put on ANY gun or Titan.

fart.gif