Advice needed for low profile GPUs

SPFreely

Hi everybody,  I own a bunch of low profile PCs, opting for this solution considering space is not an option where I live, but I have also found it limiting in terms of what I can upgrade my PCs to in terms of hardware.  I was wondering what you guys could suggest along the lines of low profile, possibly one slot GPUs?

Hi everybody,  I own a bunch of low profile PCs, opting for this solution considering space is not an option where I live, but I have also found it limiting in terms of what I can upgrade my PCs to in terms of hardware.  I was wondering what you guys could suggest along the lines of low profile, possibly one slot GPUs?
Don't know what you mean by low profile.

Most GPUs are one slot, unless you're going SLI.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I mean small case and small expansion slots.  I'm sure you will notice with some GPUs with a VGA out port, they can be discarded for a smaller bracket with just an HDMI and DVI.  I guess I used the wrong words.  What I meant was Graphics Cards with one tier of output ports, if that makes any sense?  So anything powerful (if possible) and small enough to fit inside a small PC case?

5 minutes ago, SPFreely said:

I mean small case and small expansion slots.  I'm sure you will notice with some GPUs with a VGA out port, they can be discarded for a smaller bracket with just an HDMI and DVI.  I guess I used the wrong words.  What I meant was Graphics Cards with one tier of output ports, if that makes any sense?  So anything powerful (if possible) and small enough to fit inside a small PC case?

I know @GazzaGarratt has a mini ITX GPU from Nvidia -  but I think that's still more than one tier. Hopefully he'll see this and confirm.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

57 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I know @GazzaGarratt has a mini ITX GPU from Nvidia -  but I think that's still more than one tier. Hopefully he'll see this and confirm.

Cool.  I mean I can theoretically sacrifice a couple of slots for a GPU.  I have a DELL refurbished machine I got my eyes on which I think has more room for manoeuvre.  Don't ask why a refurb, I'm just mad and have an affinity for fixer uppers lol.

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

This is true, mine has 2 tiers. Its all a snug fit in there but it was completely worth it so don't restrict yourself too much to one tier.

I'm pretty sure mine was one of the best on the market for it's size - I took the advice of the FGers here @Diddums @phil bottle @The3rdWalker @Greboth @crispymorgan and a few others too as I needed a small tower to suit my play area (and wife 😁).

I think the beefiest one I know off of memory is the 1050ti. There are a lot of low profile 1050 tis. 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2F858R6253&Description=low profile gpu&ignorebbr=1&cm_re=low_profile_gpu-_-14-137-081-_-Product

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD