My thoughts on RD2 (Spoiler-Free)

I remember the first time i play Red dead revolver i had a lot of fun playing as a bounty hunter/outlaw when i was just a kid, and when i heard there was Red dead redemption i obviously had to play that as well, and like before i just loved it! I honestly didn't care too much about the GTA series as while they are okay its just something about the Read dead series that really makes me feel so giddy about it, probably cause i always love cowboys and such since i was a little kid. Then finally when i heard about Red dead redemption 2 coming out i was just excited! it took me a while to get it (personal issues i won't talk about) but i manage to get one actually pre-owned and played it  on the PS4 almost non stop. I love the story, the characters and even how much the world in this game can be so damn gorgeous! i do admit there are a few issues i had such as how like whenever i'm on a horse and accidentally hit someone i right away get wanted and i'm always like "I didn't even do it on purpose damn it!"  or " I barely even touched him! not my fault he is a clumsy drunk!"  It's also frustrating how sensitive the law can be where sometimes whenever there is some ass who started to pick a fight with me and  when i throw the punch i right away get blame for it! Even when i didn't even throw the first punch! And don't get me started on the whole mask thing when even i put it on they already know who i am, isn't the whole point of the mask to hide your identity??? 

None of the of the less while the game has its issues and bugs i still love the game and i truly can't wait for the Online play to be release, i heard it might come out around the end of this month so that's pretty cool, hope they can have us make Gangs for ourselves so we can all rob banks and trains and stuff! Overall while the Game is just amazing i would have to give it at least a 9/10. i would give at perfect 10 but some of the issues i have are addressed their in my opinion. 

What about you guys? what did you think of the game itself, also please avoid any spoilers for those who have not play the game or finish the story yet.

ban_article_red_dead_redemption2.png

• Deaththewolf32 changed the title to My thoughts on RD2 (Spoiler-Free)
I remember the first time i play Red dead revolver i had a lot of fun playing as a bounty hunter/outlaw when i was just a kid, and when i heard there was Red dead redemption i obviously had to play that as well, and like before i just loved it! I honestly didn't care too much about the GTA series as while they are okay its just something about the Read dead series that really makes me feel so giddy about it, probably cause i always love cowboys and such since i was a little kid. Then finally when i heard about Red dead redemption 2 coming out i was just excited! it took me a while to get it (personal issues i won't talk about) but i manage to get one actually pre-owned and played it  on the PS4 almost non stop. I love the story, the characters and even how much the world in this game can be so damn gorgeous! i do admit there are a few issues i had such as how like whenever i'm on a horse and accidentally hit someone i right away get wanted and i'm always like "I didn't even do it on purpose damn it!"  or " I barely even touched him! not my fault he is a clumsy drunk!"  It's also frustrating how sensitive the law can be where sometimes whenever there is some ass who started to pick a fight with me and  when i throw the punch i right away get blame for it! Even when i didn't even throw the first punch! And don't get me started on the whole mask thing when even i put it on they already know who i am, isn't the whole point of the mask to hide your identity??? 

None of the of the less while the game has its issues and bugs i still love the game and i truly can't wait for the Online play to be release, i heard it might come out around the end of this month so that's pretty cool, hope they can have us make Gangs for ourselves so we can all rob banks and trains and stuff! Overall while the Game is just amazing i would have to give it at least a 9/10. i would give at perfect 10 but some of the issues i have are addressed their in my opinion. 

What about you guys? what did you think of the game itself, also please avoid any spoilers for those who have not play the game or finish the story yet.
ban_article_red_dead_redemption2.png.7623fd94a83dcd8eb1afb035cba1f668.png
Finally got round to reading this Death and I'm glad you've enjoyed the trip so far!

The controls seem to want to fall into that category of 'I've just Rockstar' which is abit of a cop out, however if that's all thats wrong it's a pretty solid game. What mask were you talking about or just masks in general?

They've made the main character really engaging and you need to care about the characters journey if you want the player to carry on playing as much as they can. I love the hunting elements too.

We're all here fingers crossed on that online mode, don't worry about that!! [emoji16]

I thought it was one of the best, if not the best game we've had on this generation. There's not been many but this one is easily streets ahead of most AAA games in terms of production quality and enjoyment. The story was great, the missions are highly entertaining, the characters are fantastic and the world/visuals is probably the best in an open world game with every aspect perfectly crafted rather than a cut and paste job. The game just oozes Rockstar's personality and the way they did the band of outlaws as the foundation to the game worked exceptionally well especially with the dynamic character interactions. The game had 500,000 lines of dialogue and it really shows within the interactive environments. 

It's not perfect though as there are a few surprise flaws. The controls are a bit cumbersome and frustrating - although you learn to live with it, it's surprising that Rockstar are still having such fundamental issues. The law element is also inconsistent and bizarre - you can attack or kill someone in a secluded area seemingly unseen but can still be caught by a 'witness' and have a bounty on your head within seconds.  It's also crazy that you can rob and kill and then come back to the same town the next day after paying off a small bounty like nothing ever happened. Even wanted dead or alive I could still stroll through towns in daylight and get a haircut or pick up beans. 

The crafting and hunting element I happily ignored throughout but it is there if people want to utilise it for added benefits and immersion but not essential for progression which was fine.  Everything else is bloody great and after playing every day for nearly a month, I finished it. Whatever we get in the online is just a bonus as far as I'm concerned. God of War is the only game that comes close to this and I imagine The Last of Us 2 will be a challenger but ultimately RDR2 sets the standard going forward for modern games.