Battlefield 5 Is Out

J4MES OX4D

In terms of actual gameplay, it may as well be a dlc of black ops 3 with jetpacks turned off.  That series is just sleepwalking its way to black ops 5, which will be equally as unimaginative.  Step outside the AAA world and play games like Insurgency and you realise the future of gaming isn't from the giant studios hell bent on loot boxes and dlc, but from smaller studios that are still passionate about the game.  Even Fortnite has managed to evolve.    

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

3 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

Even Fortnite has managed to evolve.    

I don't play Fortnite but Epic are clearly the true innovators of the industry right now from gameplay ideas to player satisfaction. Even Ubisoft have done well with Siege in creating and growing a huge brand that keeps gamers engaged for years.

Call of Duty and Battlefield used to be the true innovators of shooters but now COD is just a stale format that has to poach from other popular games like Siege, Fortnite and Overwatch whilst Battlefield 5 may as well be a Battlefront reskin minus lasers. 

COD's mistake for me was their definition of innovation being simply the era and their obsession with wallrunning and boost jumping. Everything else got neglected and tired including the leveling and general format. Battlefield has just gone backwards with less weapons, features and even a lack of 'levolution'. 

I used to admire Treyarch for all their work and what they achieved every two years but the studio is just a shambles now and DICE are fucking idiots who just don't have a clue.