1st PC Build (Be Gentle)

Capn_Underpants

Well. The holidays are coming around and I've wanted to build a PC for the longest time. My laptop just doesn't do it anymore. I ultimately wanna just stick this baby by my TV and play there (32 inch Panasonic TV).

The games I typically play on my computer aren't very crazy. I tend to play older games that I've never tried before. Old Fallout, Bioshock, (I'd love to play the first and second Witcher games!!!), I play a lot of co-op games with my friends on my laptop. We will run around and play Overcooked 2, Battleblock Theater or Trine, even Diablo games. But i'm at that point where it's impossible now. 

I love LoL (haven't played that in forever, it just can't handle it anymore!)

In a nutshell, I play with IRL friends and I get my alone time when I play on PC. As opposed to the PS4 which I'm pretty much in a party the whole time. So don't worry! I'm not converting! I need to build an introvert machine.

THE BUILD

I've been watching loads of videos. This seems to be pretty 'budget'. I'm questioning the memory though. If I had a nicer computer, i'd like to try and edit videos properly. So any ideas?

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5 GHz Dual-Core Processor ($68.99)

Motherboard: ASRock - B250M-HDV ($56.29)

Memory: G.Skill NT 8GB ($65.99)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB ($41.00)
Kingston - A400 120GB ($21.99)

Video Card: EVGA GTX 1050ti ($194.88)

Case: Thermaltake Versa H17 ($35.71)

Power Supply: EVGA 500W ($35.52)

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/capn_underpants/saved/D7RMZL

17 hours ago, Capn_Underpants said:

Well. The holidays are coming around and I've wanted to build a PC for the longest time. My laptop just doesn't do it anymore. I ultimately wanna just stick this baby by my TV and play there (32 inch Panasonic TV).

The games I typically play on my computer aren't very crazy. I tend to play older games that I've never tried before. Old Fallout, Bioshock, (I'd love to play the first and second Witcher games!!!), I play a lot of co-op games with my friends on my laptop. We will run around and play Overcooked 2, Battleblock Theater or Trine, even Diablo games. But i'm at that point where it's impossible now. 

In a nutshell, I play with IRL friends and I get my alone time when I play on PC. As opposed to the PS4 which I'm pretty much in a party the whole time. So don't worry! I'm not converting! I need to build an introvert machine.

THE BUILD

I've been watching loads of videos. This seems to be pretty 'budget'. I'm questioning the memory though. If I had a nicer computer, i'd like to try and edit videos properly. So any ideas?

I'm a horrible person Sam and I have to apologise its took my way too long to get that Keyboard sent to you. I'll call on some help to get a replacement keyboard foot and send it over for you to enjoy some games!

Also, @Diddums, @Greboth, @crispymorgan and @phil bottle will likely be able to help check your initial build pick.

On 11/9/2018 at 3:56 PM, Capn_Underpants said:

THE BUILD

You can always add more RAM if you need down the line, 8GB is good but the more the better.

Where I wouldn't scrimp is the CPU. For rendering in particular. So, wait a little longer, save a little more and go for minimum i5. Is my recommendation :)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

That is pretty much my build.  It runs older games solid and newer games pretty well, just occasional blips, but I've found my fps increased when I re-installed a barebones driver and not all the guff that it installed first time round.  I get around 100fps on Overwatch for example.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

You can always add more RAM if you need down the line, 8GB is good but the more the better.

Where I wouldn't scrimp is the CPU. For rendering in particular. So, wait a little longer, save a little more and go for minimum i5. Is my recommendation [emoji4]

Thoughts? Trying to keep my eyes peeled for any deals these coming days.Screenshot_20181122-013121_Amazon%20Shopping.jpeg

Via the FG App