YouTube Sink To New Low

J4MES OX4D

So they have removed a shedload of videos and even deleted a huge channel (which was subsequently re-instated after a major backlash) because users were uploading comedy-oriented videos of Red Dead Redemption 2 citing that they 'promoted violence'. In typical Google double standards on the site; millions of GTA videos and other games remained up including real-life violent videos yet just because a female NPC got punched in a videogame about violence, they take down any that depicts this and even deleted a channel entirely with a video that amassed over 1.6m views without notice. 

It's amazing that you can post a video of yourself laughing in front of the hanging dead body of a suicide victim and even have the video monetized and be number 1 trending for 24 hours but punching an NPC in a videogame is supposedly unacceptable behaviour. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46132172

At the end of the day it's just 3d models beating up on other 3d models.  How can anyone with two or more brain cells to rub together be unable to see that?  If it starts here, then where will it end?  Will this out of control crusade end up with every copy of Street Fighter 2 having Chun Li removed or giving Doom's Spider Mastermind a set of balls to ensure that no harm comes to any female in video gaming.  We don't know where this will end and this is why we can't let those Politically Correct, s*** for brains, f***heads have this victory!

By the way, I wrote the above before reading of the U-turn, but the sentiment still stands.

22 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Don't worry on that count, women get punched all the time, and worse, if that makes you feel better.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Women: "Men can't hit women!!! They're naturally more stronger and more powerful than us so its unfair!!!"

.. also women: "Why are men only allowed in the SAS and other special military divisions? We're just as strong and physically capable as men!!!"

:wacko::wacko:

11 minutes ago, Dan94 said:

Women: "Men can't hit women!!! They're naturally more stronger and more powerful than us so its unfair!!!"

.. also women: "Why are men only allowed in the SAS and other special military divisions? We're just as strong and physically capable as men!!!"

:wacko::wacko:

That's the problem with assuming a subsection of the population is identical. Generalisations eh.

As a rule of thumb I tend to stay clear of punching anyone unless it's in self defence, but I hope I'm classy enough to know that advocating the punching of women is not a good look, for myself, or this forum.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 minute ago, phil bottle said:

That's the problem with assuming a subsection of the population is identical. Generalisations eh.

As a rule of thumb I tend to stay clear of punching anyone unless it's in self defence, but I hope I'm classy enough to know that advocating the punching of women is not a good look, for myself, or this forum.

Neither do I, but if a women is acting like a bloke (and assaulting them), they can't hide behind the "cant hit me I'm a woman" bullshit

I still think we're losing focus here, exactly as detractors of game violence would like.  Not one single REAL woman has been injured throughout this entire fiasco.  If there were solid evidence that this game inspired hundreds of people (I'm not going to say thousands, that's just stupid) to go out and commit violence against women then there would be a legitimate argument against exhibiting this particular content of the game or for removing this portion of the game completely, but I don't think there is and I don't think there ever will be.  The so called negative influence of violent games, is the same as blaming aspects of the television, movie and music industries for why kids grow up to become maniacs, contrary to more legitimate reasoning such as abusive upbringings, peer pressure, gang culture etc.