America question

VGon_BGon48

Hey everyone I was watching a YouTube video about what Europe finds confusing about America so I was wondering what are your gripes and “WTF are they thinking?” Qualms with the good ole U S of A

(anything goes here I don’t care how savage it is if it’s a complaint or just a musing I truly know how everyone feels)

Why do you have the visiting sport team shown first on fixtures and score cards?

I’m not sure if it’s only America doing it this way but I believe the majority of other countries use the “home team vs away team” format 

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

5 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

I don't know why we don't use the metric system or why we don't use DD/MM/YYYY format. It's just more practical.  

Seriously, your country really needs to get on the DD/MM/YYYY thing. It's super annoying having an American developed medical records system that MM/DD/YYYY and everything else I have to work with is the other way. I have to reenter birth dates way more often than is practical. 

27 minutes ago, Rumelylady said:

Seriously, your country really needs to get on the DD/MM/YYYY thing. It's super annoying having an American developed medical records system that MM/DD/YYYY and everything else I have to work with is the other way. I have to reenter birth dates way more often than is practical. 

There's a lot of things that make sense to change but hey, this is "america" so not a chance. People hate change. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

The fact the language used is "English (United States)" says it all. English is....English! No brackets needed! 😂

Also....

23 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Why do you have the visiting sport team shown first on fixtures and score cards?

I’m not sure if it’s only America doing it this way but I believe the majority of other countries use the “home team vs away team” format 

This

21 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Why do you play football with your hands?

And This

On 11/6/2018 at 3:54 PM, The3rdWalker said:

I don't know why we don't use the metric system or why we don't use DD/MM/YYYY format. It's just more practical.  

And This

6 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

Aluminium.  Sort it.

And This

6 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Also why do you pronounce the letter Z as Zee and not Zed?

Poor mans rounders! 

And This

1 hour ago, techno said:

How are superbowl champions world champions ?

And This!!

All confusing as hell.

56 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

The fact the language used is "English (United States)" says it all. English is....English! No brackets needed! 😂

Also....

This

And This

And This

And This

And This

And This!!

All confusing as hell.

1. Away @ Home. Started with baseball because the away team bats first; other sports that came after it adopted it 'just because.'
  2. Football is your fault Britain & Australian. Y'all referred to rugby as football and Americans adopted a variation of the game so they took the name. 
  3.  DD/MM/YYYY I don't know @GazzaGarratt it's why I am the one who said it. There's no answer as to why; it was believed it had something to do with computer science but that's not true. 
  4. "According to the Online Etymology Dictionary English chemist Sir Humphry Davy named the element alumium in 1808 and then changed it to aluminum in 1812. British editors changed it to aluminium to be more in keeping with other elements such as potassium and sodium, while the Americans retained the spelling as aluminum."
  5. Revolutionary War. Americans wanted to make sure they were not mistaken for the British so they changed certain phonetics. 
  6. The National Football League use to be two different leagues, the AFL–NFL. We're the only country in the world with this sport at the time so there you go. 

Soo in the end it all comes down to Brian being "shitty parent's to the Americas" and sometimes we're sticking it to dad. 

37 minutes ago, techno said:

While there is a football theme I've noticed more this season the inability of Americans to tackle in the open field, no wonder rugby players take the piss.

Tackling in general. Rugby has personally ruined the NFL for me since I started playing back in 2004. 

10 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Who's Brian????

You're british and don't know who Brian is? Shame on you Dave! 

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy. Now piss off! 

2 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

Y'all got a gun problem.  Any chance of tightening up those laws a little?

No way , that law was written in 1791 and it’s still all totally fine. Those founding fathers really did want everyone tooled up with automatics. 

I believe young people would tag this with a ‘#sarcasm’

On 11/6/2018 at 10:54 AM, The3rdWalker said:

I do every damn day. Fucking French 

19 hours ago, techno said:

While there is a football theme I've noticed more this season the inability of Americans to tackle in the open field, no wonder rugby players take the piss.

Don’t watch the NFL it’s a bunch of over paid babies. Watch college football where they play hard so they can get to the NFL and not hit anyone again. 

3 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

Y'all got a gun problem.  Any chance of tightening up those laws a little?

We don’t have a gun problem. We have a society problem. It is also used as a tool to push a agenda to get rid of guns. People are going to do bad things regardless if they have weapons.