How are you playing Red Dead 2?

How are you all approaching the game? It's slower paced than any game out there atm so just wondering if it's just campaign missions or opening the map up more comes first or just anything goes?

I'm asking as I want to carry on the campaign but was hoping for other objective style stuff to focus on for different nights. I think I ran out of steam for HZD because I lost my way with the samey-styled side missions.

Be good to know how you tackle The Wild West!

58 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

How are you all approaching the game? It's slower paced than any game out there atm so just wondering if it's just campaign missions or opening the map up more comes first or just anything goes?

I'm asking as I want to carry on the campaign but was hoping for other objective style stuff to focus on for different nights. I think I ran out of steam for HZD because I lost my way with the samey-styled side missions.

Be good to know how you tackle The Wild West!

The side missions are not mandatory to complete the game but honestly it’s what takes the game over the top. Many of the characters you run across are very memorable and I wouldn’t skip them. 

I do do a lot of side missions and exploring. I don’t want to rush the game. There’s tons of hidden things too that you will never see just doing story missions. 

I'm about 32% in so far and am taking my time and doing each mission that comes my way in order. I'm not going out exploring - instead I am more of less allowing the game to take me to new areas and discover new things - I found this helps the pacing and to get the most out of the game. I could've easily darted around the map and discovered town after town but instead I am going with the flow of the game. Every mission weather it be main or side has some value and even the random encounters offer some hilarious and entertaining instances. 

This is why I love Rockstar games - other open world games form the likes of Ubisoft are just too big and bloated with piss poor content spread thin that is copy+pasted and just splattered all over the map instead of being carefully crafted. I don't feel the need to rush through or skip content unlike Ubi games where you're even encouraged to get your credit card out for boosters so you don't have to play the games! 

I too got a bit fed up with HZD but RDR2 has kept me constantly engaged and entertained so far and I can't see it declining. 

I finished the main story with about 71% of the total game completed. I did try to bridge the gap between side and main mission, but the story for main mission kept me going back 😄 I also spent a lot of time exploring and doing treasure hunts. Treasure hunts are great for early money :P

On 11/5/2018 at 3:49 PM, ChaosGladiator said:

I finished the main story with about 71% of the total game completed. I did try to bridge the gap between side and main mission, but the story for main mission kept me going back 😄 I also spent a lot of time exploring and doing treasure hunts. Treasure hunts are great for early money :P

We need a new thread about treasure hunts. Me like the sound of that!

I want to follow the story further but I definitely want more side mission / variety sooner rather than later. Is fishing open after what Chapter?

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

We need a new thread about treasure hunts. Me like the sound of that!

I want to follow the story further but I definitely want more side mission / variety sooner rather than later. Is fishing open after what Chapter?

Fishing opens up during the second chapter. 

8 hours ago, Shucker said:

I like fishing in most games, even WoW, but I don't like it in RDR2. I think there are just too many other interesting things in the world I want to experience.

Yeah I agree. It’s a little weird. I’ve not done much of it though. Mainly just in the swamps. 

15 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I've swerved a lot of the survival crafting/nature side of the game so far.  The fishing is fairly basic and pretty mediocre sadly. Thankfully this and crafting isn't a necessity and you can happily ignore them.  

Yeah I just want the satchel to carry more stuff. The crafting doesn’t make or break the game but the perks you get on some of the trinkets and tailsman are nice 

I'm finding there's so many tiny things to do and check out that don't really mean anything, I think its best for me to stick to the missions for a while. Until it proactively wants me to look at side parts of the game I imagine I'm gonna get lost - and I'm only at the start of Chapter 2 still.

I'm finding there's so many tiny things to do and check out that don't really mean anything, I think its best for me to stick to the missions for a while. Until it proactively wants me to look at side parts of the game I imagine I'm gonna get lost - and I'm only at the start of Chapter 2 still.
Yeah it's easy to get side tracked so I too have started to focus on the missions for a while...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg