Warcraft III: Reforged

J4MES OX4D

Instant day one buy and will probably be my game for months and months. WC3 was the second RTS I ever got into and I cannot say enough good things about it; also look what it paved the way for. 

1. World of Warcraft.
  2. All MOBA games. 
  3. In-game tournament system- games still cannot even handle it. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Ho-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

The same day my new PC arrives. Can't fucking wait. How did this fly under my radar for so long? 

On 11/2/2018 at 9:39 PM, The3rdWalker said:

Instant day one buy and will probably be my game for months and months. WC3 was the second RTS I ever got into and I cannot say enough good things about it; also look what it paved the way for. 

1. World of Warcraft.
  2. All MOBA games. 
  3. In-game tournament system- games still cannot even handle it. 

This. All of this. 

@GazzaGarratt you'll be downloading and playing this too btw, just letting you know in advance. As will you @phil bottle.

banlol.png

Ho-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

The same day my new PC arrives. Can't fucking wait. How did this fly under my radar for so long? 

This. All of this. 

[mention=312]GazzaGarratt[/mention] you'll be downloading and playing this too btw, just letting you know in advance. As will you [mention=141]phil bottle[/mention].
I'll take a look at it, can't say no to a man with a shiny new bit of kit.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

21 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I'll take a look at it, can't say no to a man with a shiny new bit of kit.

It is arguably one of the most influential games ever made, you'd be mad to miss this one. 

Found out today that my new PC might be delayed by a day. I'm at the mercy of Yodel at the moment, so fuck knows.

banlol.png

It is arguably one of the most influential games ever made, you'd be mad to miss this one. 

Found out today that my new PC might be delayed by a day. I'm at the mercy of Yodel at the moment, so fuck knows.
Hate waiting for couriers.

I checked it out last night, launched today. I will give it a shot. [emoji8]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

6 hours ago, Diddums said:

Game doesn't fully release until 11pm in the UK I don't think but if your PC arrives tomorrow, you should be good to go then. 

It seems Blizzard have unsurprisingly screwed people over as per usual. A lot of things promised in the 'remaster' are not present in the final game with the only noticeable change being HD textures. Reworked cutscenes, animations, audio, UI and other elements weren't improved despite a long development time and beta cycle. They have also pulled the plug on modding because they are scared someone will rip off their IP and go on to create a money-spinning masterpiece aka DOTA. No online ranked play either.

This is basically the old game with a texture mod that has been stripped of features and is restricted. £24.99 for this is now laughable - even £14.99 would be pushing it. Nothing more than a cash grab of the original rebranded in such a limited way it wont cost Blizzard money to operate. They can shove Diablo 4 right up their arses now.

Let me preface this by saying that Laymen Gaming is an absolute fucking ballbag, him and all his village-crier mates basically form the Daily Mail of the gaming world. He can get fucked.

Now that out the way, I'm going to do a bit of research on this because I'll be seriously pissed off if he's right. The Warcraft series and later the Starcraft series are the gold standard for many. Blizzard as a company were the best, the one everyone knew they could rely on, the one that delivered. Their promises were always vague as fuck which resulted in them consistently over-delivering.

They they joined up with Activision and that was the end of that. 

banlol.png

I did some additional research last night and it's beyond disappointing so much so, I'd actually brand this a scam and that's no exaggeration. They've basically doubled the price of the original, slapped on a HD texture pack and left it in beta for months under the illusion that the game was actually being developed. It seems they've made more of an effort closing all loopholes in regards to 3rd party modding and locking all content down as owned rather than actually developing the product they initially pitched. 

A few Blizzard defenders are saying veterans wanted it to retain the original feel so they didn't bother making changes but remasters of this nature usually have an internal option like Halo MCC where you can switch between the remaster and original. Just a blinded excuse really. It honestly wouldn't surprise me in a few months if we discover the HD textures used were stolen from Nexus! I'm getting tired of being disappointed by Blizzard. 

Angry Joe's chimed in on it too, and echoes my sentiments fairly well. I'm done with Blizzard, I'm actually considering cancelling my WoW sub too because of this. Blizzard is no longer the company I once loved and supported. 

Fuck you Blizzard, you fucking virgins.

banlol.png

They are apparently rejecting eligible refunds and banning users who are pointing out that Blizzard are in violation of some international laws in doing so. Not only that but they've also pissed original Warcraft III Reign of Chaos owners off by bringing that in-line with Reforged meaning that game is now as restricted and watered down.  

I downloaded a pirated version of the original (that I own anyway) earlier, put a widescreen and texture mod on and bingo, it works a dream, has all the content and there's no Battlenet either so Activision can't remove shit. 

giphy.gif

Currently 0.8 on Metacritic and I'm here wondering how it's got such a good score?😎