FG Realms Discussion Thread

Spacedeck

I ended up destroying my first build today and ventured out a little.  I found a really nice river that I've started to build along.

OZbhPWF.png

H8l5llA.png

I don't have a compass but it's actually pretty close to the spawn area.  Just head in the direction that the sun / moon rise and you will find the river.  Looks great!

15 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

Well to be honest, I'm not expecting a huge amount of activity on the server, might just be a nice thing to have in case people do fancy jumping on.

I can also change the server to mini games as and when everyone feels like a change from the world we'll create.

What's your username?

Username is Greboth same as here :) 

I do play quite a bit of MC, It’s just I started on a new server a week ago so still grinding .... I mean mining all the resources I need for my build on that server and unlike our resident Plumber, digging big holes isn’t really my thing :lol: I’ll still hop on though, I’ll just be in no rush to get my diamond gear or start a big build.

As you said you haven’t played in a while, for your new house press F3 and in the top left you’ll see your co-ordinares so you’ll never be lost again.

Edit: F3 + G is also useful as it turns on tool tips (or something like that) which shows the durability of your tools.  So you know when they are going to break.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

On 10/20/2018 at 2:28 PM, Spacedeck said:

Just had a look and it seems it was.  My bad, try it now and see if it has changed?  Not logging in as on WoW but will be on later.

Nope, still creative...just decked myself out in diamonds from the menu 😎...if you haven't gone too far it may be easier to delete the world, start again in survival/normal and send out more invites?

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

31 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Nope, still creative...just decked myself out in diamonds from the menu 😎...if you haven't gone too far it may be easier to delete the world, start again in survival/normal and send out more invites?

That's weird.  My game is playing in survival mode. 

The server gives me the ability to create up to 3 worlds, but only one can be active.  All my settings point to a survival world, so not sure on where it is an issue.  Are you sure you're connecting to our server?  I've set up a new Survival world, see if this changes anything.

@crispymorgan your son might be a little confused if the world seems to have been reset, just so he knows while we try figure this out.  Can you also ask him if when he is playing, he is playing in Survival mode?

EDIT: New world seemed corrected, so we will continue on the new world.  I've also set the game to keep inventory upon death, hopefully everyone is okay with this.

Sounds good to me, I logged on to check it works the other day.  I’ll try to get on in the next few days to give it a proper go.  Probably when I rage quit from the other server by being killed by a guardian for the 472nd time 😡

Also, are we planning any sort of community build / area or just going our own seperate ways.

I think building as a community, or atleast near each other would be nice. The spawn location is actually near a nice river, I'll probably build along there too begin with. Even if we don't build to close, I'm sure we can lay down paths to connect everything and build other community type buildings between us. 

10 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

has the server been reset for the newer version?

Server is on a new world as Plumbers was stuck in creative mode. All seems well now, so server should just run as normal. Updates to the game shouldn't have any affect to the server either. 

All seems good from playing a few hours last night.  I got a basic beginner house built, a mine down to diamond level but really only dug down and not done any real mining yet.  I also built a small automatic chicken cooker if people need any food.  It doesn’t produce that fast but it should always be running while one of us is around loading the chunk.

Next thing I want to add it a water drop and elevator for the mine to make it easier to get up and down.

7 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

@Greboth just seen that portal... where the hell does that lead to?  Looks like the pit of hell. 

If it’s a genuine portal, then probably to the Nether, if not it’s probably to Greboths dwarf slave mine! What’s the co-ords?

8 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

@Greboth just seen that portal... where the hell does that lead to?  Looks like the pit of hell. 

As Plumber said that’s a Nether portal and I suppose the nether is sort of a minecraft hell.  It isn’t too bad to be in, you just need to watch out for all the lava and huge holes.

Though if anyone goes exploring in the nether and finds any soul sand can you grab me a block.

I did some more mining yesterday and found my first diamonds :D I only did a little mining as spent most of my time building a kelp farm.  It’s only small farm for now and due to not having enough redstone it’s bigger than it needs to be.  However it gets us going and I’ll rebuild it when I have more resources.

If you harvest the kelp, smelt in a furance and craft it in to dried kelp blocks it can be used for fuel.  Where it gets good is coal smelts 8 items, a kelp block smelts 20.

So 8 coal smelt 64 kelp for 7 kelp blocks.  Those 7 blocks smelt 140 kelp to make 15 kelp blocks.  15 blocks smelts 300 kelp which makes 33 blocks.

So basicaly free fuel :D The farm is slow at the moment as it’s only based on 30 kelp plants.  More mining for resources the redstone could be compacted and I think you could probably get 90 kelp maybe more in the same size build.

So with the help of Alex, there is now an enchanting house.  It has all the nexessary book shelves for level 30 enchants and I’ve dropped a stack of lapis in there too.  I’ll add an anvil later but don’t have anywhere near enough iron for that yet.

I finally found some soul sand in the nether as well as a nether fortress.  So I built the water elevator to the mine I dug.  If you want to use it, it is behind my house by the kelp farm.  Drop down the hole to get to the mine and walk in to the water column to get back out :) 

I did a bit more mining and have some more resources so I’ll probably rebuild the kelp farm next.  It’s producing but not fast enough if we all want to smelt with kelp.

You’ve got to work quick but don’t worry I don’t think any of us have done that much digging to plenty for you to dig still [emoji38] 
Yeah right! I've already avoided someone else's works while digging down at about L20'ish

Via the FG App

At level 20, dunno whose that is as mine is around 12.  Though I’m all for sharing a mine as there is only a few of us ever going to be on.

If you want to dig a water elevator for your mine though feel free to take the soul sand from my house :) 

1 minute ago, Greboth said:

If you want to dig a water elevator for your mine though feel free to take the soul sand from my house :) 

Just being able to understand what the hell you’re talking about would make me happy!!! 😂😂 

Call me old fashioned but I’m using stairs at the moment 

8 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Just being able to understand what the hell you’re talking about would make me happy!!! 😂😂 

Call me old fashioned but I’m using stairs at the moment 

:lol: Try the one behind my house by the kelp farm.  Drop down the hole in the ground and walk in to the water column to get back the surface much easier than stairs.