FG Realms Discussion Thread

Spacedeck

So the slime farm is complete! I only meant to do a little work on today which turned in to about 5 hours - oopsie!  I've realised I've built the farm slightly wrong so it isn't as effecient as it could be but timing the farm, it still produces about 64 slimes balls per minute so I think that is enough :lol:  Just in digging the hole and building the farm we already have 3 double chests which is going to last our little server a looooong time.

Though I wanted the slime so we can have a creeper farm but I forgot that takes a lot of string so I think an all purpose mob farm is next on the list to get enough string to then build a creeper only farm.  However the all purpose mob farm can wait for another day but I'm back at work this week so I think progress may slow down a little :(

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Whoops didn't see this, sorry Dave.  You mean the enchanting table? I moved it upstairs above the villager trading hall.  I thought I had posted it but I can't find it so maybe I didn't sorry.  I thought we could use the old enchanting building location as a nether portal room (it should still link I hope) and include signs with all the important co-ordinates on as I'm already forgetting which portal is which haha.

On an update side of things as I haven't updated in a while - I built an all mob mob farm, just a flushing platform one but it is good enough to get all the string I needed.  I'm always halfway through building a creeper only farm though as I found it is built in a slime chunk so it's producing some slime too :lol: Once the creeper farm is done, I'm planning on building a big sugar cane farm around it.  It should be a nice easy place then to make rockets ready for when we have elytra :)

5 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Thanks, next time I’m on I’ll have a nose round and find it....how big do you need the hole around the beacon to be?

Nose around for what? and how big does what hole need to be? I’m confused.

45 minutes ago, Greboth said:

Nose around for what?

The enchanting table - I don’t think I’ve been in the villager hall

47 minutes ago, Greboth said:

..and how big does what hole need to be?

When you jump down the hole labelled (I think) “xp farm”, turn around and there is a vast cavern/hole down to bedrock where the beacon is...how big are we making that? I think it is/was going to be the slime farm at one point

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

8 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

The enchanting table - I don’t think I’ve been in the villager hall

When you jump down the hole labelled (I think) “xp farm”, turn around and there is a vast cavern/hole down to bedrock where the beacon is...how big are we making that? I think it is/was going to be the slime farm at one point

Ohhhh that’s just my mine, I was just digging it out to gather resources :) I have no plans for the hole except for mining it some more.  The bedrock the other end to the beacon is as far as the beacon reaches so no instant mining past that point.  Though the effect goes that far in all directions so plenty of mining left before we need to move the beacon.

The little walled off glass area was a test for a slime chunk but the farm’s been built at the hole you tp’ed to and helped dig (which reminds me, I need to hook up a nether portal to that still.)

If you need any picks for mining, I repaired all the ones from the slime farm dig which your welcome to for your help with the dig.  I think they’re in one of the single chests in my house, just have a look around and take what you want :)   Same goes for anything else too, diamonds, quartz etc. that’s in my house :) 

I didn’t realise it had been this long since I had been on.  I finished off the creeper farm and started building a sugar cane farm around the perimeter.  It is only 2 levels at the moment so not producing too quickly but I’m thinking a few more levels should sort that out.  Storage is currently only there to collect while I’m building but it will need a proper set up built at some point.

I think once the sugar cane part is built I need to focus on actually building things as a few farms I’ve built are just farms and are ugly.  The same applies to the nether tunnels too - get them built for what we have so far before building more farms.

I haven't jumped on for ages 😔 I always get lost on what to do once logged in.

I wonder if we could pick a day or time to get some people on to look at some of the minigames currently available, if people feel like a break from the world we have it might be something to consider.

Also anyone who has MineCraft Java but isn't on the list or hasn't spoken up yet, do so now and I can get you whitelisted!

For me, getting lost in what to do is what I enjoy about minecraft.  The fact there is no story in the traditional sense so you can log on and dig a big hole, do some building, trading, technical farms / redstone, go boss killing etc.

I don’t know what minigames there are but ai’d be up for trying them out.  At some point we should kill the dragon too which could be something good together.

A bitty weekend of being on and off the server but a few updates;

The ice path tunnel to the guardian farm is done...sort of.  The cardinal direction tunnel is complete but the stair path down to the nether portal needs building still.  I’m thinking a similar design to the main tunell but not sure yet how to build it on stairs.

I took all the villagers out the breeder as they were a lot backed up.  I think we al the villagers we need so the whole breeder can come down.  I figure we can keep a few spare around in case we ever need another breeder.

I’m also thinking that as we have a big sugar cane farm at the creeper farm we don’t need the little on above the villager trading hall.  So probably worth removing the pumpkin and melon farms too as we could build bigger ones elsewhere.  It also means the villager trading hall would be a better proportioned building.

So thinking at some point finish building a few more levels to the sugar can farm.  Add a big pumpkin and melon farm at the creeper farm.  Then maybe transport a couple of farmers over to make an automatic carrot and potato farm.

I also had the idea that we could turn the old enchanting house in to a tourist information.  So signs up with co-ordinates of where the farms are to save having to remember them all.

1 hour ago, Greboth said:

.I also had the idea that we could turn the old enchanting house in to a tourist information.  So signs up with co-ordinates of where the farms are to save having to remember them all.

This please!

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Tourist Information is done :) All co-ordinates are in the old enchantment building in spawn but for reference I'll post them here too.

The co-ordinates are the actual co-ordinates if you want to walk to them or tp to them.  Some also say things like "East 110" which means if you down the East tunnel in the nether to co-ordinate 110 it will be the tunnel leading to the farm too.

Also worth noting here that 1) The farms are operational but the buildings haven't been finished so depending on where you go / time of day you may have a mob problem and 2) The all mob mob farm and creeper/sugar cane farm has an AFK spot.  There's a water elevator up to it and an item in an item frame.  Should you ever want to AFK at them, right click the item in the frame and unplug your mouse - it will keep rotating the item and keep you logged on to the server.

Guardian XP Farm 918 25 -800, East 110
Gold Farm - Above the guardian farm, go to the guardian farm and there is a water elevator
All Mobs Mob Farm  360 63 -680, North -85
Creeper/Sugar Cane -102 63 1295, South 161
Iron Farm 155 68 -125
Ice Farm 925 74 1310, South 161
Slime Farm -390 64 -410 (tp only at the moment as I've not built a nether portal yet)
Super Smelter 350 71 -267
Bulk Storage 135 63 -195
Village trading hall 285 64 -230