FG Realms Discussion Thread

Spacedeck

So the method @Spacedeck linked to doesn’t work as it appears that realms are linked to player input rather than player movement.  However it did lead me to other threads and comments on the subject.  One of which being that some AFK fish farm designs work by / keep you logged in by having you constantly clicking an item frame.  A lo and behold it works, if you place an item frame with any item in it, hold your right click on the item frame so the item is rotating then unplug your mouse.

Unfortunately this only works while you keep MC as your active window so you can’t do anything else on your pc while AFK’ing :( but still it is handy to know.

It also means that with some more mining and a little afk’ing we are up to 90 blocks towards the 164 required for the beacon :D 

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Hmmmm so ok there is a realm server reset eventually which kicks you.  I don’t know how often that is though but you cen certainly AFK for a few hours using the item frame trick.

I know all the iron is going towards the beacon but the farm doesn’t generate that quickly so might build another one.  I’ll have to check the y-value of spawn as iron farms need to be built at least 64 blocks apart.  So if we are at a low enough y value, we may be able to fit another farm above the existing one and, if the y vaue is low enough, 2 more farms above the iron existing one.  This would save having to build another killing chamber and collection system.  I won’t get chance to check tonight  but will try to get on tomorrow to see if we can build one or two more iron farms.  I suspect it is only one but always good to be hopeful of building 2.

So it turns out that spawn is low enough for 2 more iron farms to be built above the existing one.   It isn’t pretty but it was the easiest way to get iron quickly.  Which on that note we now have a beacon :D I built it at the start of my mine by the drop hole and water elevator.  Though it has a range of 50 blocks so should reach your mine too Plumber.

Though to pretty up spawn so we don’t have floating iron farms I might use the beacon to dig a hole deep enogh to put an iron farm underground and then remove the floating ones.  Even if it is rather amusing to see iron golems falling from the sky :lol: 

I was afk’ing for iron close enough to the villager breeder too.  We got another couple librarians so  need to unlock them but so far still no mending villager :( 

Well, I logged on briefly today but you were AFK! 😂

I got into what I presume is the effect area of the beacon (funny coloured wisps from my man and a gold pick in the top RH corner of the screen) but couldn't see any massive effects so am I doing anything wrong?...I put an iron ingot in the beacon before I started

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Haha yeah, I'm working from today so thought I'd log in and AFK a bit to let the villagers breed some more.

The beacon was already activated so you shouldn't have needed to put any more iron it.  Yeah that is the effect of the beacom but as it is only a haste 2 beacon you should only notice the effect if you try mining.  I just tried it now and I can instant mine blocks so it should be working for you too.   It does only have a range of 50 blocks so maybe you moved outside of it? I just built the beacon there as it was an easy place to build it but it can be moved wherever :)

If you log on again and still isn’t working drop a reply here or a pm and I’ll come on.

So I decided to use my first day of leave wisely and spent most of playing MC - oops!  On a positive side though, we have a proper villager trading hall now.  With a small melon, pumpkin and sugar cane farm on top of it :)

I've trapped the best villagers and put signs up with their trades.  I've put some chests in there too with all the stuff you'll need to trade (carrots, pumpkins, melons, potatoes, wheat, books, emeralds etc.).  If you need more emeralds, trade with the farmers.  If you need more books, trade with the librarians for bookshelves and then break the bookshelves with your axe.  If you do any trading then try to as many trades as possible so they don't lock their trades.

Nope, unfortunately not.  There is a few more librarians at the bottom of the breeder which need to be unlocked.  At this point I don’t even care if it is expensive, I just want a mending villager! Though still need to sort out a good source of XP which I have an idea about but that will have to wait.

WE FINALLY HAVE A MENDING VILLAGER!!!! :D I traded quite a bit with the mending villager to get enough mending books for me so there are a few spare in the chest underneath him.  The prices is 30 something (I think 32 emeralds) which isn't great as it can be as cheap as 10 or 12 I think but I'll take an expensive mending villager over no mending villager.  I think we have trades now for all the important enchants at the best or one below the top level so a bit of book combining should see all enchants at the max levels.

I've been working on a bigger XP farm than the skeleton spawner, I was going to go with a doughnut pigmen farm but they apparently don't work on realms :( so going for a guardian f arm.  Thankfully all the villager trading netted me quite a lot of glass and I built a super smelter :) The main box is up though there is still  alot of to do on it though hopefully it won't be too long until it is up and running.

I've also started building ice paths in the nether hub so we can get around quicker, just place a boat on the ice and off you go :) I've built an ice tray so will take quite a lot more mining of ice yet but thankfully with mending now we don't need to worry about having to re-make all our tools :D

Edit: Farm is working - If you go in to the nether and follow the East tunnel you should come to another nether portal which takes you to the farm.  None of the chests are currently hooked up so if you want any of the drops then these are collected manunally for now.  To XP, flick the lever to XP mode, walk through the fence gate making sure to close it behind you and wait a little bit until enough Guardians are there and kill them all!  It is best to have sweeping edge on your sword so you can kill them all in a few hits.

A couple things to note - Guardians have thorns on them so you will take damage as you kill them.  This will knock you back so make sure the fence gates are closed behind you.  If you have mending on your armour the XP you get should outweigh the damage you take.  If you only want to repair tools, take your armour off before killing the Guardians.  Again you will take damage so watch your health and eat some food.  You should be able to repair a tool or 2 before taking too much damage though.

I'll try and get a beacon set up for health regen to help out but that will be some time away as wither skeleton skulls as a pain the ass to get.

Haha, I think everything should make sense as you do it .... I hope.

I forgot to add, I started decorating one of the Nether tunnels but I don’t really like it as it is too grey.  But I can’t come up with a design I like so feel free to change it or come up with a design in one of the other tunnels.  The only thing bits that have to stay are the 2 block wide ice path and the stairs either side of it.

I started building it out stone as we have a lot of it and it is easy to get more.  Maybe we should build out of prismarine though as now we have a guadian farm we have unlimited amounts of it.  Though I wonder if we should keep the nether tunnels nether themed - I dunno.  Alternatively we have each cardinal direction tunnel be different.

3 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

I like the idea of different coloured tunnels...it’s like  the corridors in hospital being painted different colours to stop the old people getting lost!! 😂😂😂

Are you one of the old people who get lost? :lol: 

A good idea though, maybe the the guardian farm could be a prismarine design, the one that goes through the nether fortress could be nether-y so netherrack, netherbrick, lava etc.  I don’t know what the other two could be though but they can be left as TBD.

One important thing I forgot to mention - when going to the Guardian farm, in the graphic options turn your particles down to minimum else you will have a bad time!

That out the way it's a bad news, good news, bad news, good news situation.

Bad news - Even though the killing / collection mechanism for this guardian farm is the same as the one I built on the other server I play on.  Items were getting caught on the glass panes, at first I didn't think it was that many but I checked and I was wrong!!!  Only a few were getting through and I picked up half an inventory's worth that were stuck. 

Good news - I fixed it.

Bad news - Rather than re-design the whole room and item trasport system I modified it slightly using hoppers on droppers.  Surely this is good news though? Where's the bad news? The droppers are firing almost constantly so they are constantly clicking while the farm is active.   It isn't too bad if you're only in there for a minute but I've spent about an hour digging and building - click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click ARRRGHHHHH!!!!!

Good news - I don't think we're losing any items now and OMG I forgot how fast the farm runs when there aren't other people online.  The items aren't currently being sorted so the chests are all random at the moment but I'll be putting item sorters in at some point but for now I'm happy just to be collecting the drops.

So I think I've come up with a nether tunnel design for 2 of the tunnels.  The one that currently leads to the Guardian farm I've made out of prismarine and the one that goes through the nether fortress is brick, netherbrick and lava.  Next time you're on check them out, if you're happy with them then more tunnel can be built.

I'm happy to continue working on them and build the tunnels as long as they need to be but we've all got to look at them for however long this world lasts so I'd like to know people don't think they're too hideous :P

So a little more good news bad news.  On the good news side there is now a small gold farm above the guardian farm.  The gold farm will grow but it takes 88 obsidian to build each nether portal so I need to do more mining.

The bad news part of this is that the portal in the nether now links to the gold farm and not the guardian farm. I built a new portal that does link the guardian farm but it currently is only a two wide block path over a lava lake so crossing it is at your own risk.

I’ll keep working on the nether tunnels though so I’ll eventually block it in.

36 minutes ago, Greboth said:

So a little more good news bad news.  On the good news side there is now a small gold farm above the guardian farm.  The gold farm will grow but it takes 88 obsidian to build each nether portal so I need to do more mining.

The bad news part of this is that the portal in the nether now links to the gold farm and not the guardian farm. I built a new portal that does link the guardian farm but it currently is only a two wide block path over a lava lake so crossing it is at your own risk.

I’ll keep working on the nether tunnels though so I’ll eventually block it in.

Go and find my secret chest {should be easy for you) I think there’s quite a bit of obsidian in there...help yourself 👍

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Go and find my secret chest {should be easy for you) I think there’s quite a bit of obsidian in there...help yourself 👍

Nice one! I’ve got to collect all the other stuff to build more of the farm but will keep it in mind you have a stash of obsidian.

So today has mostly been spent building a communal bulk storage room complete with 192 double chests worth of storage :D I figure there are some thing we want to keep for ourselves....mostly diamonds, the shinies, they're sooo pretty and lovely and...ahem! So it is full of things we should have a lot like stone, cobble, andesite, granite.   I've also put things like sand, gravel, redstone coal etc as I've more than I'll ever need of them.  I've also put in iron, gold and all the prismarine blocks as we effectively have an unlimited supply of these.

I also started the dig for a slime farm :) It's only a 36 x 36 from the surface all the way to bedrock and y5 soooo only a little digging required :P  There are a few projects I have in mind which need slime blocks or sticky pistons.  A single slime chunk farm should produce way more slime than we'll ever need on this server but where's the fun in that so diging out 4 slime chunks next to each other to turn in to one massive slime farm :D

I have only just started it so I’ve been TP’ing to it as I haven’t set up a nether portal and tunnel yet but if you TP  [removed].  You should find yourself with a wall of chests, a bed and a ladder down.  I’ve set up another haste 2 beacon so mining is quick and I think one of the bottom chests has some fish and a couple of my eff 5 picks in it too if you want to use them. They both have mending so wear them down and either repair them at the guardian farm or leave them in the chest and I’ll repair them when I’m next on.