FG Realms Discussion Thread

Spacedeck

Villager breeder now has a water elevator, a viewing platform if you like to watch and a bowchickawowwow sign :lol:

I think I need to build a bigger room to store them in though mostly have farmours and butchers.  Only one librarian so far which does sell a looting 3 book but it’s expensive at (I think) 36 emerads.

If you need books though, the easiest way is trade with the farmers for emeralds, buy book shelves from the librarian and break them with your axe.

I’ll keep trading with them to unlock all their trades but may have to say goodbye to some of the farmers.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

<gasp> a farmer cull?! 😂

How do you breed them? Do you have to feed them anything like you do with animals? Will they breed other trades like clerics, armourers, guards, etc or do we need to kidnap these as well?

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Villagers aren’t like animals as you can’t breed them, you can only give them the conditions and they breed themselves.  The condutions being they need food and be in a village with not enough villagers.

I can’t remember all the villager mechanics but basically there are 6 villagers on farm land and one underneath with some doors.  The villager underneath is a detector villager, it sees the doors and creates a village.  The villagers on the farm land can’t see the doors so aren’t counted to the villages total number of villagers but are in the village.  This tricks them in to constantly thinking they need to breed and will infinitely breed.  The best bit, farmer villages will harvest and plant crops and pass them to other villagers meaning they always have food too.  That is the simplest explanation I can think of but I’m there are videos by technical youtubers like gnembon or ilmango who explain all village and villager mechanics.

As for the different types, it is just random.  There probably is odds of each one but I don’t know them and there is no way to control it.  So it is just a case of letting them breed and killing all the ones we don’t need.

Villagers only have 2 or 3 trades unlocked but unlock more as you trade with them so always worth finding what all their trades are before giving them the chop.

What I envisage us ending up with is 2 or 3 farmers to trade crops with for emeralds.  Maybe a couple tool smiths if we find any with decent tools for sale.  Then a bunch of librarians selling various enchanted books.

A librarian selling mending books is the primary aim but getting the ither good enchants would be nice too.

18 hours ago, Greboth said:

Villagers aren’t like animals as you can’t breed them, you can only give them the conditions and they breed themselves.  The condutions being they need food and be in a village with not enough villagers.

I can’t remember all the villager mechanics but basically there are 6 villagers on farm land and one underneath with some doors.  The villager underneath is a detector villager, it sees the doors and creates a village.  The villagers on the farm land can’t see the doors so aren’t counted to the villages total number of villagers but are in the village.  This tricks them in to constantly thinking they need to breed and will infinitely breed.  The best bit, farmer villages will harvest and plant crops and pass them to other villagers meaning they always have food too.  That is the simplest explanation I can think of but I’m there are videos by technical youtubers like gnembon or ilmango who explain all village and villager mechanics.

As for the different types, it is just random.  There probably is odds of each one but I don’t know them and there is no way to control it.  So it is just a case of letting them breed and killing all the ones we don’t need.

Villagers only have 2 or 3 trades unlocked but unlock more as you trade with them so always worth finding what all their trades are before giving them the chop.

What I envisage us ending up with is 2 or 3 farmers to trade crops with for emeralds.  Maybe a couple tool smiths if we find any with decent tools for sale.  Then a bunch of librarians selling various enchanted books.

A librarian selling mending books is the primary aim but getting the ither good enchants would be nice too.

I gotta say, you're top class with the mechanical stuff!!

I've had a look and managed to glimpse some breeding (series of floating red hearts). Ther's abot 4 new villagers floating in the catchment pool. I've worked one particular tool smith and managed to convert my excess iron to 50+ emeralds...also changed some coal, wheat and carrots to emeralds as well so I think I may be able to work a librarian soon

Why don't the villagers jump out of the minecart?

If there's a particular villager you want "worked" to extend their range put a sign up

I don't know why but that jump from the bowchickawowwow platform into the water makes my stomach turn!! 😂😂

The technical side of the game interests me as I’m lazy.  It is really only the tool smiths, weapon smiths, armourer and librarians that need to be fully unlocked.  They’re the only one that might sell anything useful but it usually takes a number of villagers of each one to find any that sell something useful.

As for why they don’t get out, they’re just not programmed too.  Any animals, villagers, mobs you get in a minecart or boat won’t get out on their own.

If you want to grow more crops, feel free to use the crop area thing I built.  Plant the crops then when they’re grown flick the lever and the water will harvest everything for you :) 

Oh @Plumbers Crack I forgot to add, don’t trade your iron as at somepoint in the future you’re going to want 164 blocks of iron (though you can also use gold blocks, diamond blocks or emerald blocks - or a mix of them all) but iron is the easiest to get.

There are other steps involved but basically then you can build a beacon which a haste 2 beacon with an effeciency 5 pick is intant mining.  Though you can wear a pick out in minutes so we really also need to get mending tools and a good xp before then too.

32 minutes ago, Greboth said:

Oh @Plumbers Crack I forgot to add, don’t trade your iron

Too late, I've got 8 ingots left!!😂

Are you talking about 164 blocks of 9 ingots (1,476 ingots) or 164 ingots?

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Too late, I've got 8 ingots left!!😂

Are you talking about 164 blocks of 9 ingots (1,476 ingots) or 164 ingots?

Oops! Yup 164 blocks so 1,476 ingots!  As I said though the 164 blocks can be made of a mix of iron, gold, diamond and emerald blocks.  There is plenty of time to stack up though as before we could make a beacon we’ve got to kill wither skeletens until we luck in to 3 heads which the odds are something stupid like 5% of getting a head when killing a wither skeleton.   However then we have to fight the Wither itself to get a nether star.

The Wither is a pain in the ass fight so I was hoping we could cheese it under the end portal but that would also mean getting to the end and killing the dragon too before getting a beacon.

It’s quite the effot to get but look up some videos of haste 2 efficiency 5 mining and you will want a beacon :lol:

41 minutes ago, Greboth said:

It’s quite the effot to get but look up some videos of haste 2 efficiency 5 mining and you will want a beacon :lol:

<watches YT video >

😱.....Hi, hoooooo!!!!

Haha I know! I have one on the oter server I’m on.  Though I didn’t go through the effort of getting it properly, I bought the beacon off someone for 32 diamonds and there is a MASSIVE public iron farm so iron is easy to get.

Reminds me, I shouldn’t kill villagers we don’t want as they can go in an iron farm.  I won’t be building a massive one but still free iron is still free iron.

The little iron farms I understand how people figured them out.  The huge farms like the Iron Titan, I have no idea how the logic and game rules for that were worked out.  Though for the number of us playing, I think a small iron farm or maybe 2 small farms should be enough for what we need.

Maybe that should be our next project  as it can then start producing iron assp.

20 minutes ago, Greboth said:

Maybe that should be our next project  as it can then start producing iron assp.

I’m up for this. Put a chest somehere (and tell me where it is!) and a material list on signs and I’ll start collecting next time I’m on 

I don’t think there is anything I actually need as I have chests full of stone to build with.  Maybe only a little obsidian as I’ll build a nether tunnel to link spawn with the new builds.

I’m thinking it would actually be more beneficial to have the iron farm in spawn and the villager breeder outside of spawn.  So might do some swapping around.

Actually I might not need any though that is a very definite "might".  If I do though it would only be enough to build a nether portal or 2 so 20 blocks max :)

I've started on the iron farm though working from memory so may have to check the design.  I've built on the hill just outside the main spawn bit.  I'll finish building it and make sure it is working before I do any decoration to it.  Though going to need a lot of villagers for it, I think it works best with 48 villagers in it soooo yeah, go go villager breeder!

Having spent far longer than I care to admit playing today, I took killing 87 wither skeletons to the 3 heads needed for a Wither boss.  One with boss down means beacon :D well the beacon-y part of a beacon, now just go get the 164 blocks required.  Which to that end I then finished the iron farm and it is producing iron too, by a building it slighly out of town it is far enough away from the villager breeder for them both to work :) So if I add my iron, gold and emeralds to what the farm has produced we're at about 50 blocks already so almost 1/3 of the way to the beacon already :D

Though a little heads up, if you go in to the iron farm watch out for zombies.  It currently only has one wall and zombies love villagers so you may find zombies under the farm trying to get to the villagers.

Edit: I forgot to add, to help towards the beacon I'm going to AFK at the iron farm so hopefully it should produce a reasonable amount or iron to put towards the beacon :) I've been going through the villagers as best as I can and still not found a mending villager :( The perfect one would be a cheap mending villager but at this point I'd take an expensive one.  We do have a new librarian though so I'll unlock the trades and some point and keep hoping.

Edit2: Damn :( There is an AFK timing that kicks you off eventually.  Oh well guess there won't be much AFK'ing then.

1 hour ago, Greboth said:

Edit2: Damn :( There is an AFK timing that kicks you off eventually.  Oh well guess there won't be much AFK'ing then.

From a quick Google, it seems as though Realms doesn't support this.  I have found people mention making creations to keep you active.  One example is: https://www.instructables.com/id/Afk-Machine/?amp_page=true

6 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Left you some Obsidian in a chest 😎

Which chest did you leave the obsidian in as I can’t find it.

I mostly worked on the nether today, dug out a space around the portal and slabbed it all so we shouldn’t have problems of things spawning there either.  I started tunnels in the 4 cardinal directions and figured we can extend these or branch off as we need to.

2 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

By the iron farm in the hills...I put a chest down with a sign for you 👍

My difficulty in locating the chest appears to be because you left it by the super smelter not the iron farm :lol: 

Which reminds me, I still need to finish that.  Hmmmm to put all my iron towards a beacon or finishing the super smelter...... beacon! I can always mine more iron and faster with a beacon.

7 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

You said it was in the hills! There’s lots of hills in Minecraft.....at least you found it though! 😂

Haha yeah there are lots of hills but I thought you’d realise it is the new building the popped up.  Though for reference the iron farm is to the south of spawn :lol: