Read Dead 2 tips and tricks

TigerBurge

Little life savers and tips to help enjoy the game

In the controls options menu you can switch it to toggle to run. Absolutely a game changer for me. 

You can can switch your button layout to FPS classic. It makes your left thumb stick run,couple that with toggle to run option and your golden 

There’s a dude on the northern part of flat irons lake you can talk to that gives you a map with all legendary fish locations. 

Close by the trainstation to the north west of that same lake you can encounter a guy in a blue coat standing next to a horse who sells you a treasure map for 10$. I strongly suggest you buy it as the reward if you take the time to complete it, is 1000$++. It will take you at least an hour to complete, even if you follow a guide on youtube, but it’s the fastest way of making money. There’s also a guy who finds a gold nugget where the treasure is, if you want, kill him and take it for an even bigger payoff.

Do the noblest of men and a woman quest. Gives you some cool looking weapons and also when you go to see Flaco, there’s a chest by his bed that starts another treasure hunt. Pays off 2000$ if I remember correctly but takes a loooooot of time to complete and the final part is a pain in the ass.

Spoiler

If you get stuck in the cave, just drop to the bottom and die, you will lose some money, but you will respawn with the treasure outside the cave.

You will have to unlock a "fence" shop to be able to sell the treasures though. Which I believe you do at some point during chapter 2.

The arabian horse can be found west of lake isabella. It will be in a rare white coat and not black/grey like the ones you can buy. I strongly suggest hunting for one to tame as they are great and they cost quite a lot in the stables.

Cannot believe it took me this long to figure this out... But in the weaponwheel you can select a gun and then use the arrows on the left of the controller to select ammo type. I bought 300 rounds of express rifle ammo for the added damage and could not notice a difference, now I do. 😅

Keep more than one set of clothes/outfits on your horse! Not only is it good to do this for changes in the weather, but it also helps on getting rid of the cops when your wanted.

On 11/1/2018 at 6:05 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

My no 1 tip is make sure you holster your weapons before greeting someone - I can't tell you the amount of times I've gone to say hello and ended up accidentally pointing a gun to their head😎

Is it just me or is it so easy to hit R1/R2 and pop your gun unintentionally?! The controls for me are always a sticking point on Rockstar games and they've outdone themselves again here. Feel like sometimes I'm having to hold the control pad in a claw type fashion to do quick movements.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Is it just me or is it so easy to hit R1/R2 and pop your gun unintentionally?! The controls for me are always a sticking point on Rockstar games and they've outdone themselves again here. Feel like sometimes I'm having to hold the control pad in a claw type fashion to do quick movements.

Controls are definitely bad - clunky, cumbersome, unresponsive at times and over-complicated. For the level of polish Rockstar games have, it beggars belief that they still have such difficulty with implementing refined and user-friendly controls. GTA V was a big improvement for them but by no means perfect but RDR2's controls feel even worse than that years later. Not sure if a part of it is engine-related but certainly the layouts could've been done simpler and better. 

The other day I went to hitch my horse in a town by pressing the triangle button but the option disappeared in an instant and replaced itself with 'Rob' because an NPC got in the 'hitbox' so instead of parking my horse, I ended up saying to the guy 'gimme all your money' instead and all hell broke lose! I was only going for a haircut and beans FFS!