PC beta 30 October

phil bottle

I installed Fallout 76 over the weekend in prep for the beta.

I've been looking at reviews of the Xbox beta so I'm looking forward to forming my own opinion tomorrow. I think its available for around 4 hours initially.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Looking forward to your and other opinions on this. It's gotta hit the mark for it to break my main 3 games I'll be playing for the rest of the year.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Looking forward to your and other opinions on this. It's gotta hit the mark for it to break my main 3 games I'll be playing for the rest of the year.
I know what you mean. Red Dead in particular murders all other games for the time being[emoji41]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

The beta turned into a bit of drama last night, as many, and include myself here, started up at the allotted time only to find the launcher deciding it needs to redownload the entire game. At a ridiculously slow speed.

GG Bethesda, best troll yet (and I played New Vegas at launch lol).

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

A few minutes watching that guy was all I could take, an unhelpful rant at best. There's a lot hate for this it, long before the beta, a lot of it of 4chan origin for some reason. I've not looked into it much.

Though yes - surprise surprise - a Fallout game in beta has performance issues :rolleyes: 

Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas (the most buggy game at launch I have ever experienced) and Fallout 4 all were buggy pieces of shit at launch, never mind beta.

And his issues with frames only needed him to log out and back in again, there's plenty of people getting 100+ frames. 

I think the game will last a long time and will be a modders paradise. 

I like the Fallout universe and I like these types of games.  But I suppose I'll have a proper opinion myself once I'v had a go, which is just about to happen now :)

For a more rounded impression, try this one:

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

It runs well for me, smooth as diddums' arse .....and on Ultra settings. Given that the engine wasn't designed for multiplayer I've not had any issues at all.

Looks nice, nicer than Fallout 4, though i think I need to turn off motion blur.

There were a lot of other players on and no griefing so far. I was wary of one large group of guys, we were suspiciously pointing our weapons at each other but it didn't kick off. No-one else seemed to have their chat on so I get to didn't speak to anyone.

Shooting mechanics (not bothering with VATS) are the best of any of the modern Fallout games. Smooth and accurate.

Melee too.

I already have half a dozen different weapons and plenty of ammo.

I've been looting like a bastard, I love looting, I look everywhere for crap.

Crafting was easy, first thing I did? I serrated the blade of my machete to inflict more bleeding damage.

I'm stopping myself from playing too much of the Beta as I want to enjoy the game as intended.

It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's Fallout, I like Fallout, I like the universe and the character of the games. I knew I'd like this Fallout.

It's why I booked a week off work for when it goes full release :)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Firstly the beta was uninstalling itself before people could play and now others say it wont uninstall lol! https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/fallout-76s-beta-reportedly-isnt-uninstalling-for-some-players/

Yeah the way it's going it looks like it'll be a single player game after all, 'cos I'll be the only one on it :lol:

jeffersonclasswar.jpg