PlayStation VR

Misneach_

Hey, what’s up guys! It’s your boy Matty Ice here aka Misneach aka missneech. So recently I picked up the PSVR on sale and wanted to share some of my thoughts etc.

First off the few things I have played within the last 2 games were considerably amazing or atleast I thought so. What you want from the VR experience is total immersion. So far I have play the Spider-man homecoming demo and Batman Arkham VR. Both put you into these roles and the design was amazing. Batman was about interaction with your environment and more detective south work that point and shoot stuff. So far it has been worth it and a fun experience. Graphics quality are pretty decent and have complete 360 designs.

As I discussed with @Diddums I’m only disappointed in the lack of content. There seem to be many shooter games but not as many puzzle-interaction games.

maybe I can convince @GazzaGarratt to put one of these up as a Christmas drawing.

On 10/26/2018 at 12:49 AM, Misneach_ said:

Hey, what’s up guys! It’s your boy Matty Ice here aka Misneach aka missneech. So recently I picked up the PSVR on sale and wanted to share some of my thoughts etc.

First off the few things I have played within the last 2 games were considerably amazing or atleast I thought so. What you want from the VR experience is total immersion. So far I have play the Spider-man homecoming demo and Batman Arkham VR. Both put you into these roles and the design was amazing. Batman was about interaction with your environment and more detective south work that point and shoot stuff. So far it has been worth it and a fun experience. Graphics quality are pretty decent and have complete 360 designs.

As I discussed with @Diddums I’m only disappointed in the lack of content. There seem to be many shooter games but not as many puzzle-interaction games.

maybe I can convince @GazzaGarratt to put one of these up as a Christmas drawing.

I've had a few goes on PS4 VR around a mate's place. It was actually pretty decent. How are you finding it regards motion sickness?

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 10/26/2018 at 12:49 AM, Misneach_ said:

I'd love one however listening to the VR guru, @tronic44, I would rather find a way of getting a HTC for the PC. It is way more convenient though as I don't have as much space needed for an HTC.

Whilst I'd love to do something for Christmas I'm really not sure what we'll do this year currently! It will all depend on donations but never say never!

It all comes down to how much room and money you have, if you have neither of these then the PSVR is perfect. If you have the money and space then I’d definitely go for an HTC Vive. I say money because you’d also need a pc good enough to run VR, which will cost you around £700+

The vive has also released a wireless kit, which I think is around £200 but worth every penny.

Basically the difference is that with the vives 2 base stations is allows you to walk around your room which makes the whole thing even more immersive and you can’t really with psvr as it only come with one front view camera.

Also there’s probably 1000’s of vr games on steam.

@phil bottle @tronic44 @GazzaGarratt

First Phil, yes there are some games with serious movement that I tend it get a little of that dizziness, or I tend to get it a lot if I’m descending/ ascending in the games with elevators bits. However, you do get use to it after some time.

Richard, you are absolutely right sir. The reason I picked up PSVR was because I had just played on a friends oculus. He has a top of the line gaming pc and 4 sensors throughout the room. It was amazing. I didn’t have that kind of money $$$ or space. You can get some movement with PSVR and games recognize the sensors on the rear of the headgear so you can physically turn around 360 in the game.

Again, I feel VR is the next level of gaming ‘que “ready player one”’ and this is the entry level for 250$ us I was able to get into it. Maybe next time @tronic44 is in the states playing with toys I’ll be able to meet up with him. 😊

I've always fancied VR flight sims.  But my PC ain't up to the job.  For a few hundred quid I could get Ace combat next year.  Might be a hoot.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

These are trying to be pushed out of the door for Christmas everywhere most likely down to no real new console on sale this year.

I looked at the deals over Black Friday but didn't seem justified to ask for an early Crimbo and birthday present.

I probably need to see what quality some of the VR games are like. The pool of games doesn't look large and not sure it's significantly increasing with any AAA titles any time soon.