BO4 Cheap Server Scam

J4MES OX4D

Typical Activision scumbags! No wonder everyone is bunny-hopping and jumping round corners now.  Blackout is worst because you're having to compete with this against users with armour + 200 health trauma kits who are also jumping around. This game is turning into PUBG very quickly in shoddiness and the MP will really suffer once people start exploiting the shitty netcode. 

That’s a bit naughty! Can I also add I thought the second video was light years better than the OP one!
BattleNonsense videos are excellent. Some developers use his analysis to help fix their games. Hopefully the fact he's made this video will shame Activision/Treyarch into fixing this issue.

Via the FG App

fart.gif

I had a couple of ridiculous games on Blackout last night - the first one I was killed by a player that wasn't even on my screen yet the killcam showed him virtually standing in front of me - there wasn't any corners either; it was in the wide open and he wasn't prone or anything. This is what 20hz servers does - you wouldn't even run a 16 table virtual poker game on such shitty servers let alone a full-blown FPS with close to 100 players. 

The next game was an embarrassment for both me and my opponent as he had the jump on me, spayed me with bullets, I was practically dead yet still managed to shoot a few bullets his way and in the end we killed each other. I have it on video and will upload it soon but another seriously bullshit situation on these servers. 

It's amazing how many solo BR players wont even play Blackout alone because it's a torrid and inconsistent spectacle to watch and it contains just as much bullshit as any other cheaply made BR game built on greed.  Only a squad can mitigate all the problems here and make videos/streams a worthwhile watch. They were supposed to compete and beat the likes of PUBG and not fall into the same nonsense as that game.  

The multiplayer is more manageable as you have much more room for error and aren't bound to a single life but the bullshit is there and more and more users are taking advantage of it. I wonder if Activision will bother to give us proper servers instead of ones made for chatrooms or if they'll just give up with Red Dead 2 and Fortnite likely to dominate. The fact there is unlikely to be supply drops and that there is no clear significant future monetization; I just wonder if Activision will leave it as it is now they've received their bumper pay day on launch. 

Mines a little. Sometimes I can have 2-3 amazing games where everything is crisp, then other games it'll be complete bullshit where it seems like someone has just halved the amount of damage my gun outputs and that players have a 1 or 2 second advantage jump on me.

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk

Treyarch have released a full of shit statement that's about as bog-standard as you'd expect from this franchise. They're basically saying the population is the reason despite the game performing fine during the beta probably under far greater stress.  They've not acknowledged the clear server downgrade from the beta and have given the usual generic improvement' lines as expected. Obviously this crafted statement was probably written under the supervision of Activision via a gun to the head and Treyarch are clearly not this technically simple minded or ignorant. The simple fix is to upgrade to common 60hz servers like all other FPS games run on and then we'll have a game where only balance matters in terms of a fair and quality experience.  This is a good game and for it to be ruined so cheaply would be a travesty really. 

Here’s Treyarch’s response to the network situation:

We’ve also noticed a lot of discussion around network performance over the past couple of days and wanted to take a moment to address this directly. We’re constantly working to optimize the game, and particularly network performance, to ensure the highest quality online experience for our players. For a game launch with as massive a population as ours hitting so many global servers at once, we configure our infrastructure to ensure game stability as the highest priority over all other factors.

Now that we’re past the initial launch of the game, we are focusing on fine-tuning network performance around the globe, using the real-world data that we have collected. Over the course of the next two weeks, we will roll out several updates to our network setup that will continue to improve upon the experience of our players since launch. As we have always said, launch is just the beginning, and we’re committed to making Black Ops 4 the best-supported game we’ve ever delivered. This is a journey that will involve constant adjustments, improvements, and additions. We appreciate your continued support and patience – thank you!

I had a couple of ridiculous games on Blackout last night - the first one I was killed by a player that wasn't even on my screen yet the killcam showed him virtually standing in front of me - there wasn't any corners either; it was in the wide open and he wasn't prone or anything. This is what 20hz servers does - you wouldn't even run a 16 table virtual poker game on such shitty servers let alone a full-blown FPS with close to 100 players. 

The next game was an embarrassment for both me and my opponent as he had the jump on me, spayed me with bullets, I was practically dead yet still managed to shoot a few bullets his way and in the end we killed each other. I have it on video and will upload it soon but another seriously bullshit situation on these servers. 

It's amazing how many solo BR players wont even play Blackout alone because it's a torrid and inconsistent spectacle to watch and it contains just as much bullshit as any other cheaply made BR game built on greed.  Only a squad can mitigate all the problems here and make videos/streams a worthwhile watch. They were supposed to compete and beat the likes of PUBG and not fall into the same nonsense as that game.  

The multiplayer is more manageable as you have much more room for error and aren't bound to a single life but the bullshit is there and more and more users are taking advantage of it. I wonder if Activision will bother to give us proper servers instead of ones made for chatrooms or if they'll just give up with Red Dead 2 and Fortnite likely to dominate. The fact there is unlikely to be supply drops and that there is no clear significant future monetization; I just wonder if Activision will leave it as it is now they've received their bumper pay day on launch. 
There might be Supply Drops. Or at least micro transactions where you buy things out right. It's definitely coming.

Via the FG App

fart.gif

3 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

There might be Supply Drops. Or at least micro transactions where you buy things out right. It's definitely coming

I think it'll be a battle pass type thing or pure microtransactions. Supply Drops I think are done and dusted now because they are illegal in Belgium and under investigation in multiple countries with an expectation to be banned or heavily regulated. EA and Activision Blizzard are already under criminal investigation as it is for flouting the laws so to swerve litigation down the line and content restrictions on certain countries; I think they'll throw the towel in supply drops altogether. 

I think they'll focus on COD points being purchasable and then using that as in-game money to push stuff as a primary.  

Server ticket rate has been boosted to 64hz - too bad they've conveniently done this when a huge chunk of the population have stopped playing and gone to RDR2. I bet they gave us stacks of crappy cheap servers on launch to cope with the influx and when the population thinned out a bit, only then have they implemented the standard servers you'd expect in a MP game for who's currently left. Clearly Activision didn't want to commit annually to expensive servers if they were going to be empty after a couple of weeks but I hope they've got enough in play for when people return to the game down the line. 

Of course, people will be hailing Treyarch (Activison) for 'listening' to their fans and all that usual bollocks but it's clear this was attempt to screw people over by doing things on the cheap and when cornered about it; they partially salvage the situation but only when it's in their favour.