Black Ops 4 First Impressions

TigerBurge

1 hour ago, crispymorgan said:

I mentioned to someone that although an OK game, this is still full of typical COD bullshit.  The Killcams are an embarrassment to the programmers.   Jumping with a weapon should make it so inaccurate it isn't even usable.  Last time I checked, jumping up and down was not a recognised tactic in the army.

I cannot believe they haven't implemented a stamina system for jumping. It's bad enough marathon is on permanently let alone having users being able to bunnyhop around on top. 

This has become a very prominent annoyance in FPS games of late thanks largely to Fortnite and other BR games as it's a viable tactic to dodge bullets and screw up the predicted bullet pathing. 

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I cannot believe they haven't implemented a stamina system for jumping. It's bad enough marathon is on permanently let alone having users being able to bunnyhop around on top. 

This has become a very prominent annoyance in FPS games of late thanks largely to Fortnite and other BR games as it's a viable tactic to dodge bullets and screw up the predicted bullet pathing. 

Jump shots have been around a lot longer than that. Huge in halo back in the day. Also in Black Ops when they got rid of drop shots. 

8 minutes ago, TigerBurge said:

Jump shots have been around a lot longer than that. Huge in halo back in the day. Also in Black Ops when they got rid of drop shots. 

You can jump shot in all FPS games but it's more prominent now that ever and Black Ops 4 has technical and performance issues which benefit this behaviour. 

With replenishable high health and 20hz servers, simply jumping can get you out of sticky spots as opposed to simply running or sliding and jump shooting with such a low hz rate can get you ahead of what your opponent sees on their screen which means easy kills.  This video is what it's like even offline

10 hours ago, Shucker said:

What does that mean... only solo players?

Mercenary playlists are for non-parties so if you're playing on your own, you can join a playlist of other players also on their own meaning you likely wont get stomped on.  These tend to be more relaxed playlists away from ones where even just 2 players dominate a lobby. 

On 10/23/2018 at 2:14 PM, crispymorgan said:

I mentioned to someone that although an OK game, this is still full of typical COD bullshit.  The Killcams are an embarrassment to the programmers.   Jumping with a weapon should make it so inaccurate it isn't even usable.  Last time I checked, jumping up and down was not a recognised tactic in the army.

There's literally a perk that makes your weapon more accurate when you're jumping! What a load of shit. Activision just cater towards all the kids now.

fart.gif

On 10/27/2018 at 9:43 AM, MrBiron said:

There's literally a perk that makes your weapon more accurate when you're jumping! What a load of shit. Activision just cater towards all the kids now.

The acoustic sensor is apparently a directional radar hack that is completely OP too. I haven't used it but I watched one guys video and he was using the radar all game just to locate enemies. It's horrible to see how dumbed-down COD has become and no wonder eSports don't take the brand seriously despite Activision wanting to make the games competitive. 

Aim assist should be disabled when jumping or a stamina system should be added not perks that enable it more. 

Right well here we  go. I bought the game on PSN yesterday, waited a million hours for it to download, only to find that I was unable to play multiplayer because only Blackout was ready. Played blackout for a bit, it's not bad per se, but it's not good either. There is too much bullshit and the graphics look like they're from a 15 year old game. To its credit, I love the map style and how Treyarch have incorporated all their previous maps in to one massive map. The fact that I can plow 15 mags in to a person only for him to turn around and kill me with a single shot is typical CoD bullshit but I think I've just come to the realisation that life's too short to put up with all this crap. 

Once multiplayer loaded up I hopped in to a game of Domination on Icebreaker. I've been wondering how best to describe this experience, and although words generally fail me, this is the best I could come up with:

Imagine having your scrotum screwed in to a workbench. Now imagine having a pack of rabid wolves tug at you with nothing but your scrotum preventing you from being dragged in to the sunset. Whilst these wolves are yanking at your body and slowly tearing away chunks of meat, you are getting noshed off by Susan Boyle in a tutu. Overcome by the sheer pain and discomfort, you don't even notice the nipple clamps pumping 240v through you and the syringes injecting pure herpes in to your eyeballs. 

That's about the sum of it. I lasted one game. One. The words best affiliated with this game are:

Spawn campers.

Fucked spawns.

Map too small.

Bullshit hit detection.

Head glitching (everywhere, literally every single corner in the map has some bullshit head glitching spot)

Lag.

P2P hosting (in 2018, come on ffs)

And last but not least:

The cunts that play it. 

The thing that irritates me the most about this game is the fact that you can't even create a class when you start. Nope, you have to use the bullshit standard classes against players who have diamond camos (yes, really) and everything unlocked. These guys will then head glitch and spawn camp you leaving you unable to move and even when you can move your only defense is some bullshit gun that Treyarch has decided is your only option until you've sunk multiple hours in to the game.

It was honestly the worst experience I've ever had in a videogame, and this is the first time I've ever asked for a refund. I ain't paying for this shit, no chance.

@techno you are spot on to pass on this one. It's digital cancer, I honestly can't even describe how much I absolutely detest this game.

banlol.png

14 hours ago, Diddums said:

Right well here we  go. I bought the game on PSN yesterday, waited a million hours for it to download, only to find that I was unable to play multiplayer because only Blackout was ready. Played blackout for a bit, it's not bad per se, but it's not good either. There is too much bullshit and the graphics look like they're from a 15 year old game. To its credit, I love the map style and how Treyarch have incorporated all their previous maps in to one massive map. The fact that I can plow 15 mags in to a person only for him to turn around and kill me with a single shot is typical CoD bullshit but I think I've just come to the realisation that life's too short to put up with all this crap. 

Once multiplayer loaded up I hopped in to a game of Domination on Icebreaker. I've been wondering how best to describe this experience, and although words generally fail me, this is the best I could come up with:

Imagine having your scrotum screwed in to a workbench. Now imagine having a pack of rabid wolves tug at you with nothing but your scrotum preventing you from being dragged in to the sunset. Whilst these wolves are yanking at your body and slowly tearing away chunks of meat, you are getting noshed off by Susan Boyle in a tutu. Overcome by the sheer pain and discomfort, you don't even notice the nipple clamps pumping 240v through you and the syringes injecting pure herpes in to your eyeballs. 

That's about the sum of it. I lasted one game. One. The words best affiliated with this game are:

Spawn campers.

Fucked spawns.

Map too small.

Bullshit hit detection.

Head glitching (everywhere, literally every single corner in the map has some bullshit head glitching spot)

Lag.

And last but not least:

The cunts that play it. 

The thing that irritates me the most about this game is the fact that you can't even create a class when you start. Nope, you have to use the bullshit standard classes against players who have diamond camos (yes, really) and everything unlocked. These guys will then head glitch and spawn camp you leaving you unable to move and even when you can move your only defense is some bullshit gun that Treyarch has decided is your only option until you've sunk multiple hours in to the game.

It was honestly the worst experience I've ever had in a videogame, and this is the first time I've ever asked for a refund. I ain't paying for this shit, no chance.

@techno you are spot on to pass on this one. It's digital cancer, I honestly can't even describe how much I absolutely detest this game.

Holy fucking hell Didds 😂😂

I agree on multiple points, in my eyes the game is horrid until you hit lvl 20+ and start unlocking better guns and learn the different maps. Even then it has a lot of major issues that needs to be fixed, but then again every 3arch game has had a lot of these issues for me which is why I’ve stayed away from their games since BO2 where I barely played. Honestly blackout is only playable if you do duo’s or quads. Solo the tickrate will fuck you. Multiplayer is... Better? In a squad too. But not by much. You can dominate the other team one match only for them to completely fuck you over the next match without any players leaving or joining.

21 hours ago, Diddums said:

Spawn campers.

Fucked spawns.

Map too small.

Bullshit hit detection.

Lag.

And last but not least:

The cunts that play it. 

Sounds like I need to pop you in my backpack as per previous games Didds 😉

APmVvKG.gif

LOLZ @Diddums. This is why I love you.

Also, that right there is usually the gauge that it is actually a really good game - you being hyped about a game in the first 7 days usually ends in the opposite *cough division cough* 😘

I think you wouldn't give two tits to my view but I'm with @Dan94 and @Shucker on this. As is I think quite a lot more than normal.

The spawns I agree with 100%, as do I with a few other points you make, however after one game you cannot make that view for the whole of the game. I think you've just worn put of the CoD style of the game. But the funny thing is, this the most unlike CoD game I can remember and that's why it's the best game they've had in years.

TTK is spot on. It no longer feels a game that is all about Twitch, more so about Tactics (this is where I probably lose you 😁). You can't race around and get tons of kills straight away with the health pack model they have, which they've never done before. It really works. It also gives you certain points where a 1v1 gunfight you can actually react and get out of. Admittedly, snipers feel a little OP with OHK but with a few tweaks they'll work pretty well in the long run.

Blackout looks very smooth to me and that's hugely different to PUBG imo. They couldve gone further but they didn't and that's a marketing stunt, but hey I'm not gonna knock them for still making a game mode that works and is solidly made. Fortnite is maybe more fun but really now about how much you can cramp your hand into multiple spasms so you can build the most prettiest mansion just to stay safe from bullets.

The funniest part of all of this though is I found myself thinking 'This is a little like Rainbow 6' 😂 Yep, our running joke that all games are like, we actually have one! And it's better because of it. More people want tactics and strategy out of games rather than that bullshit twitch nonsense we've always had in CoD. The operators have something different that is so much better than just looking at what grenades to stick on. Pick 10 has always worked well and I think @ChaosGladiator called it out perfectly, that you are feeling like shit because the learning curve at the start is pretty steep, more because the guns are dogpike without the attachments and upgrades.

Some we win, some we lose but the gameplay with no jumpy backpacks is really fun. That's what it always boils down to. If we have people playing here then this game is just as fun as Overwatch was back in the day.

Compared to many here that were/still are amazingly good at CoD, I am dogshit but I'm having way more fun than previous titles.

Tldr. CoD took some best bits out of AAA games and put them together to make a game that is actually fun and not all about Twitch skills anymore. Thank Fuck.

P.S. See you online tonight for some corroduty FG party banter 😘

Might as well weigh in with my review.  Blackout is good ish.  The graphics are dogshit and washed out, but the game itself is playable and fun can be had.  I got a win after maybe 5 or 6 games?  So far so good.

I disagree about this being unlike CODs of old.  It's as COD as it gets.  Fast, frantic and chock full of bullshit (stick with me here).  There have been times where by a huge margin, I've been behind cover and died, or I've met a situation that I felt I should/could have come out on top and haven't.  I've seen killcams that would make the baby Jesus cry.  You have to accept that there are certain situations that favour a particle player, sometimes it's you sometimes it's FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING..... NO WAY.... NO FUCKIN *ahem* the other guy.  The nature of the game being so fast makes it worse, and certain styles of play may make it worse.  The server tick rate has been increased, so it should improve a bit , but only as much as it always was.  If you expected *anything* else you were deluded. 

Try hards.  I hate diamond camo, clown skin, dabbing emoted fucking bellends.  I don't have the reactions of a 12 year old and I'm a good casual player.  Please stop putting me up against next years e-sports winners, especially when I'm spawn trapped against a non-stop barrage of fucking AI killstreaks, not fun, not fun at all.

Final thought is that I wouldn't own this game if it weren't for Alex, he bought it, I stole it.  I wouldn't buy it, it's just not different enough for me.  AAA price and they saved a fortune not including a campaign.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

9 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

Might as well weigh in with my review.  Blackout is good ish.  The graphics are dogshit and washed out, but the game itself is playable and fun can be had.  I got a win after maybe 5 or 6 games?  So far so good.

I disagree about this being unlike CODs of old.  It's as COD as it gets.  Fast, frantic and chock full of bullshit (stick with me here).  There have been times where by a huge margin, I've been behind cover and died, or I've met a situation that I felt I should/could have come out on top and haven't.  I've seen killcams that would make the baby Jesus cry.  You have to accept that there are certain situations that favour a particle player, sometimes it's you sometimes it's FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING..... NO WAY.... NO FUCKIN *ahem* the other guy.  The nature of the game being so fast makes it worse, and certain styles of play may make it worse.  The server tick rate has been increased, so it should improve a bit , but only as much as it always was.  If you expected *anything* else you were deluded. 

Try hards.  I hate diamond camo, clown skin, dabbing emoted fucking bellends.  I don't have the reactions of a 12 year old and I'm a good casual player.  Please stop putting me up against next years e-sports winners, especially when I'm spawn trapped against a non-stop barrage of fucking AI killstreaks, not fun, not fun at all.

Final thought is that I wouldn't own this game if it weren't for Alex, he bought it, I stole it.  I wouldn't buy it, it's just not different enough for me.  AAA price and they saved a fortune not including a campaign.

Serves you right for letting Ajay buy a PEGI 18 game! 😘

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Well Sony refused my refund, party poopers. This meant I had to give the game another go. Lo and behold, exactly the same as BO3, in that I do well solo but suck in parties. I know I'm not a good player, but I'm not that bad. If my shit gameplay was down to me I'd happily raise my hand but it's not, it's 100% down to the connection, and that's what pisses me off. Frags, my favourite item in any shooter, are now unlocked at prestige 14 level 29 or some shit and the shotguns are completely useless. 

I'll still play it because let's be honest, I love a good moan but I certainly won't be seeking to do any challenges or anything.

banlol.png

2 hours ago, Diddums said:

Ladies and gentlemen, Call of Duty!

I'm not even ignoring the complete and utter clusterfuck I had trying to record this. Took me forever to record a 17 second clip. 

Those cunts are the bane of my life when I go up against a party. So now I have to deal with 6 optic scumpii wannabes and 5 of those chunky cunts with 400 health each....great

APmVvKG.gif