Black Ops 4 First Impressions

TigerBurge

So far I dislike multiplayer. Soooo many tryhards about that just grapplehook, kneeslide and jump around like duracellbunnies. 

Zombies is entertaining, but somewhat chaotic and confusing as the maps are so damn huge now snd there’s always a ton to do. 

Blackout is by far my favourite so far. Got a couple squad wins yesterday. Best I’ve done is 4 kills if I remember correctly. Shotguns are great for cqc in this mode, but not really needed. My personal favoutie to run so far has been any fully decked out AR with a 3x scope or better and silencer and a DMR as a secondary. Definetly makes it easier with all the open spaces and for putting down squads at a distance. Smg’s aren’t a bad shout either. Had some good kills with those too.

Overall I’m not sold yet. The amount of shots needed to put someone down is a joke. The first few weapons you unlock in multiplayer sucks massive donkey cock and you’re better off using the default classes.

Spawns are fucking dumb. There’s no other way to put it. I lost count of how many times I spawned only to die within 5 seconds yesterday. Either give us more spawnpoints or give us spawnprotection ffs... In nearly all the objective based games I played we would get shat on round 2 by endless killstreaks and the entire oposing team spawntrapping us without the spawns being flipped. This needs to be fixed or the objective based gamemodes will be unplayable for casuals as any well organized squad will literally gangbang the living hell out of them over and over.

I feel multiplayer has getting worse for me last couple of sessions - either I'm now being fucked by the SBMM which means I'm being matched with sweaty tryhards because of a good recent run of matches, or people are beginning to learn the game better and unlock more powerful shit that you get at the later levels which drastically affects matches.  As usual, my teams are usually utter shite - I lost a few matches earlier despite comfortably finishing top each time only to see a couple of twats at the bottom of the scoreboard doing nothing but feeding the opposition easy kills. 

I seriously hope Treyarch haven't flipped that skill-based matchmaking switch and I'm just on a miserable run of facing tryhards and being paired with trash.  May have a breather and stick with Blackout for a bit - had a 5 kill solo game the other day and was unlucky not to win and surprisingly, it feels more relaxed that the frantic nonsense you get in core MP. 

I feel multiplayer has getting worse for me last couple of sessions - either I'm now being fucked by the SBMM which means I'm being matched with sweaty tryhards because of a good recent run of matches, or people are beginning to learn the game better and unlock more powerful shit that you get at the later levels which drastically affects matches.  As usual, my teams are usually utter shite - I lost a few matches earlier despite comfortably finishing top each time only to see a couple of twats at the bottom of the scoreboard doing nothing but feeding the opposition easy kills. 

I seriously hope Treyarch haven't flipped that skill-based matchmaking switch and I'm just on a miserable run of facing tryhards and being paired with trash.  May have a breather and stick with Blackout for a bit - had a 5 kill solo game the other day and was unlucky not to win and surprisingly, it feels more relaxed that the frantic nonsense you get in core MP. 
It's the team balancing bollocks they have in the game. I good player will get a load of potatoes as team mates. You need a back brace to carry all of them.

Via the FG App

fart.gif

So far I dislike multiplayer. Soooo many tryhards about that just grapplehook, kneeslide and jump around like duracellbunnies. 

Zombies is entertaining, but somewhat chaotic and confusing as the maps are so damn huge now snd there’s always a ton to do. 

Blackout is by far my favourite so far. Got a couple squad wins yesterday. Best I’ve done is 4 kills if I remember correctly. Shotguns are great for cqc in this mode, but not really needed. My personal favoutie to run so far has been any fully decked out AR with a 3x scope or better and silencer and a DMR as a secondary. Definetly makes it easier with all the open spaces and for putting down squads at a distance. Smg’s aren’t a bad shout either. Had some good kills with those too.

Overall I’m not sold yet. The amount of shots needed to put someone down is a joke. The first few weapons you unlock in multiplayer sucks massive donkey cock and you’re better off using the default classes.

Spawns are fucking dumb. There’s no other way to put it. I lost count of how many times I spawned only to die within 5 seconds yesterday. Either give us more spawnpoints or give us spawnprotection ffs... In nearly all the objective based games I played we would get shat on round 2 by endless killstreaks and the entire oposing team spawntrapping us without the spawns being flipped. This needs to be fixed or the objective based gamemodes will be unplayable for casuals as any well organized squad will literally gangbang the living hell out of them over and over.
Spawns I 100% agree with. The maps are big enough to get them sorted. I expect them to be fine within a month though.

Everything else I'm kinda finding them pretty fine to deal with. It's an FPS, everyone gets angry when you lose a 1v1 and the other guy has 2 health left. Just gotta ride those early ranks on the base weapons until you can gain the right custom class working for you.
Could be next for FG then.

Via the FG App

Works for me. Control seemed like a better mode than Domination in my eyes. Dom is abit too clusterfucky at times where this just seemed slightly less that way.

7 minutes ago, Shucker said:

Yeah, I didn't find that it was worse than ARs but it definitely wasn't superior in CQC.

Via the FG App

What’s frustrating me atm is that I’m trying to run a core ninja class and just flank and run and gun, but running any smg with a silencer is not really viable when it’s damage is too low and health is too high. I’m not looking for a massive buff but it just needs to be tweaked a little bit 

APmVvKG.gif

32 minutes ago, Shucker said:

Are you running the default SMG or the second one that gets unlocked? Was underwhelmed with the first so didn't try the second yet. May test it out in a private match, not that that tells me much.

I’ve unlocked the first 3 so far and haven’t gelled with any of them. I’m sure they are fine in HC but I don’t go into any gun fight in core with any confidence of winning the gunfight 

APmVvKG.gif

Not having a good night at all. Really struggling to get anything going. Losing so many gunfights to people that seem to just walk through a hail of bullets before destroying me. 

some serious tryharding going on in TDM atm 

APmVvKG.gif

This helped me a ton in Blackout. Followed his tips and in the first match I played I finished 2nd. Only lost cause I didn’t have any cover on my side of the circle and no trophysystem, got hit with a barrage of cluster and concussion grenades... 

Been playing a lot of chaos TDM and I simply don’t understand the spawn system on this game. It flip flops every two seconds to the point where I can die, respawn and run 2secs away from my spawn and the game will start spawning the enemy right behind me and my team mates. 

And whoever decided to do the spawn on militia down by the bridge is a sick bastard. If you go against a half way decent team you will not escape from it and the game will not spawn you anywhere else despite the size of the map

APmVvKG.gif

I tried Control earlier and if you want to spend the entire match getting spawn trapped by sweaty teams, that's the mode you want.  It's like Treyarch put so much thought into the concept of the mode, they forgot about the fucking basics of a multiplayer experience. It's the same the demolition trapping back in the original Black Ops from 2010. And they want to make this mode an eSport for god sake lol!

I saw a couple of FFA videos earlier and the spawn trapping in that is horrendous - even on  a large map like Arsenal, players were spawning behind, in front and next to other players. 

So last night I hit the level I’ve been aiming for all weekend. Level 37. After soooo many games of running into people using the Vapr-xkg and getting my own ass handed to me I was dying to try this baby out. Did one game of Chaos Tdm with Biron and another friendly fellow and boy did this thing live up to my expectstions. 

Had my best tdm game to date, getting to call in all my killstreaks for the first time on this game (yes, I’m that terrible) and had 20+ kills, less than 5 deaths. Even with no attachments this gun just shreds people to pieces. Can’t wait to test it out more, damn this gun is ridiculously good!

1 minute ago, Shucker said:

I don't know what happened. I've been off CoD for maybe three days and all of a sudden everything has changed. I jump in with FG and every match we played was dominated by shotguns and snipers. I think I had 5, maybe 6 engagements with other ARs or SMGs (which I mostly won). Got me soooo tilted tonight.

Wasn’t like this during the weekend, but yeah, this was horrible. I think chaos tdm/kc and SnD just brings out the sweatyness in everyone and they opt for the easiest and cheapest options. 

12 hours ago, Shucker said:

I don't know what happened. I've been off CoD for maybe three days and all of a sudden everything has changed. I jump in with FG and every match we played was dominated by shotguns and snipers. I think I had 5, maybe 6 engagements with other ARs or SMGs (which I mostly won). Got me soooo tilted tonight.

People are beginning to know the game now and exploit things that are OP. Snipers are pretty much OHK and so is doing a jump shot with a shotgun. I've also been seeing these dual-wield pistol-type weapons being used heavily which look deadly as they have literally no recoil and easy mobility. 

I mentioned to someone that although an OK game, this is still full of typical COD bullshit.  The Killcams are an embarrassment to the programmers.   Jumping with a weapon should make it so inaccurate it isn't even usable.  Last time I checked, jumping up and down was not a recognised tactic in the army.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......