Festival of the Lost 2018

GazzaGarratt

Festival of the Lost begins for all players of Destiny 2 on Tuesday, October 16.

I’ll be damned if we’re gonna sit around and mope all day—Cayde woulda hated that. So let’s have some fun, huh? Put on this mask, and go show the bad guys they can’t keep us down.” —Amanda Holliday

For Guardians, death is usually a temporary condition, no more dangerous than a splinter and forgotten just as quickly. Even after Eva Levante first brought the City’s traditions to the Tower with Festival of the Lost, it was less a time for remembrance and more of an irreverent celebration.

The last year has changed everything. The Red Legion razed the Last City. Countless Guardians were lost. Despite victories on Mercury and Mars, morale in the Tower is low after the fall of a legend: Cayde-6. This year, death has not passed us by. It has come to stay.

More than ever, it’s important to remember loved ones who have fallen, and to celebrate the fact that we have lived to fight on in their honor.

Light in the Dark

fotl2018_holliday.jpg?cv=3983621215&av=3

No one has heard from Eva Levante since the City fell. Shipwright Amanda Holliday has stepped up to raise everyone’s spirits. Thanks to her, the Tower is filled with merriment, as memories good and bittersweet fill our hearts.

fotl2018_tower.jpg?cv=3983621215&av=3923

New Triumphs will be available for you to earn, and Holliday will offer daily bounties that award Fragmented Souls. These items can be used to purchase Festival of the Lost masks, as well as the Horror Story Legendary Auto Rifle.

fotl2018_horror_story.jpg?cv=3983621215&

But even with the Tower illuminated by spooky violet candles, there's always something scary lurking just out of sight.

Fear and Fright

fotl2018_haunted_forest_1.jpg?cv=3983621

This year, Festival of the Lost brings more than just masks. For a limited time, all players of Destiny 2 are invited to the Haunted Forest. Guardians have been tasked with clearing out its ghouls and demons, which are spooking up a storm. You’ll have 15 minutes to dive as deep as you can into the Haunted Forest and clear out the Nightmares lying in wait. Be wary—the deeper you go, the more difficult your job will become.

fotl2018_haunted_forest_2.jpg?cv=3983621

You can jump into the dark as a solo player, with a pre-made fireteam, or through matchmaking to join other Guardians in the fight.

On the Case

Most players of Forsaken have already won justice for Cayde-6. But near the conclusion of Festival of the Lost, they'll be called once again to avenge a fallen friend. Master Ives has been struck down. Maybe someone wanted to settle an old score, or lost their temper when receiving an Edge Transit. Whatever provoked the wrongdoing, justice must be served.

fotl2018_master_ives.jpg?cv=3983621215&a

This pursuit of Master Ives' killers will take place through a quest line, which adds an additional powerful reward for you to earn each week. The hunt begins on Tuesday, October 30.

Treats for All

Alongside the Festival of the Lost rewards from Amanda Holliday and the Festival of the Lost Triumphs, players will earn an Ephemeral Engram every time they fill their XP bar after achieving the max character level. Players will receive this engram in addition to the Steadfast Engram, which effectively awards players double Bright Engrams for the duration of Festival of the Lost. Players may also purchase Ephemeral Engrams from Tess Everis in the Tower, if they so choose.

fotl2018_eververse_1.jpg?cv=3983621215&a

Tess will also feature rewards from the Ephemeral Engram on the Bright Dust store throughout the event, for those wishing to purchase specific items directly.

Every Guardian is invited to shoot their way through the masquerade. Festival of the Lost begins on Tuesday, October 16, and concludes at 10 AM PST on Tuesday, November 6.

Lol, that Cat Ghost. The fact it has sticky tape is hilarious and shouts NEED ME.

I'm looking forward to the variants of bounties it will bring. It's only here for 3 weeks so I'd like to get the most of out of it, especially as its free and being a magpie, I'm likely to want the Triumphs on offer too.

We'll have to see what this Forest is about. It sounds like a 15-minute horde mode. Good break from different stuff but I think it's only out for 3 weeks for a reason. I'd be interested to see if it can be reused though. Would hate good fun content we all enjoy to not be available ever again.

I want that gun too! If there's only one gun on offer (still more than other free events) then you'd expect it to be a pretty decent gun!

On 10/19/2018 at 7:23 AM, Capn_Underpants said:

Really gonna try and grind this out tomorrow (Friday). If anyone wants to join me, feel free. 

Only done it once but we have 2 more weeks to grind it. This week was always a hard one with Iron Banner, Double & Triple Valor, Strongest Curse Week, etc.

10 hours ago, DarkArch3typ3 said:

I'm enjoying the festivities so far. It sucks as a warlock who only uses exotic helmets though. Rahool screwed me again. 

Lolz, what have Warlocks gotta do to get a break? Stupid helmet and stupid jumps.

It looks like you get around 10 tokens for 7 clears, which is also a Triumph.

Anyone got the Cat Ghost yet? Apparently it meows everytime you get it out.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Only done it once but we have 2 more weeks to grind it. This week was always a hard one with Iron Banner, Double & Triple Valor, Strongest Curse Week, etc.

Lolz, what have Warlocks gotta do to get a break? Stupid helmet and stupid jumps.

It looks like you get around 10 tokens for 7 clears, which is also a Triumph.

Anyone got the Cat Ghost yet? Apparently it meows everytime you get it out.

7 clears is pretty tough, best I’ve got so far is 6 clears. 

Best way to get tokens is to do the weekly bounty, which is 15 daily bounties. Good idea to try and get this done each week I think as it gives 40 tokens which is decent boost. I’m up to 110 tokens just from doing a bit every day without really grinding it.

On 10/20/2018 at 4:31 PM, DarkArch3typ3 said:

I have 80 without doing any bounties. I'll have the auto rifle tonight. Never doing iron banner until I hit 590+. It's hard to compete when there is a level difference and I'm not good at crucible already. 

Tbh Nev the light level difference is hardly noticeable in normal gunfights 

On 10/20/2018 at 9:56 AM, Baabcat said:

7 clears is pretty tough, best I’ve got so far is 6 clears. 

Best way to get tokens is to do the weekly bounty, which is 15 daily bounties. Good idea to try and get this done each week I think as it gives 40 tokens which is decent boost. I’m up to 110 tokens just from doing a bit every day without really grinding it.

Good to know Bob. I'll be starting my grind for all the stuff this week.

On 10/20/2018 at 4:31 PM, DarkArch3typ3 said:

I have 80 without doing any bounties. I'll have the auto rifle tonight. Never doing iron banner until I hit 590+. It's hard to compete when there is a level difference and I'm not good at crucible already. 

Thanks Nev. @techno Is right though about IB, you really don't notice much difference.

1 hour ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

What I don't like about Hunted Forest is that you respawn at the start if you don't get revived. Loses a lot of time with that. 

Still not gotten longer than the 5th boss. 

I don't think it's a bad call. You have to have something that makes you think about how you play otherwise they'd probably have to make the redrawn timer much longer. Looks like it is abit of fun for a few weeks, we'll try and party up to get us to 7.

2 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

What I don't like about Hunted Forest is that you respawn at the start if you don't get revived. Loses a lot of time with that. 

Still not gotten longer than the 5th boss. 

This is why it’s better to run as a team if you can 

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

53 minutes ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

I know Dave. But not possible every time. 

Even with randoms the way to success is to keep reviving. If you got randoms that don’t revive level 5 is probably the best you can do. I’ve done level 7 and the only real difference between that team and a level 5 team was everyone was reviving. 

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

This is why it’s better to run as a team if you can 

I've found a majority of the time randoms actually seem to get this mode and want to do it right, the level 7 I did was with randoms and we got onto the 7th level with 10 seconds to spare so reviving was the only way to make it through that level 7. The grind for the auto rifle isn't anywhere near what I thought it would be and if you need a light boost its worth it. The gun I found wasn't too bad and I used it in iron banner 

3 hours ago, Baabcat said:

Even with randoms the way to success is to keep reviving. If you got randoms that don’t revive level 5 is probably the best you can do. I’ve done level 7 and the only real difference between that team and a level 5 team was everyone was reviving. 

Question is, is there a bonus to get to 7 or do you just get 2 more fragmented souls? 

41 minutes ago, Baabcat said:

I think I just got the two more, and ticked off the Triumph. Think that gives you an emblem! What more do you want !

Fireworks and angels signing hymns in the clouds of course! 

But I'll settle for the emblem and Triumph then. 😔