Nightfall rank

Baabcat

So yet another thing Bungie has given us to strive for is a Nightfall rank ran by Zavala. Main benefit seems to be the Toil and Trouble, presume its a good roll, but it’s an interesting challenge. 

Basically by using your nightfall card you can get to level 14 Nightfall rank, sort of by getting 100,000 scores in each of the 14 potential nightfall strikes.. Slap on some punishing modifies and off you go.

Ive done a couple (meant to drop powerful gear, not sure how that works but I did drop a totally masterworkwd primary  grenade launcher), it’s a decent challenge. 

Anyone else had had a go at any of this. Definitely  needs a bit of team work and co ordination,  and speed.

6 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

What power level is needed Bob?

Via the FG App

Well I’m about 580 but I ran with some guys a bit lower than that. Probably best to be above 560 although the strikes say 540. However given whole point is to steamroller as quickly as possible with negative mods on haveing a light advantage is probably wise

Only done one nightfall, that does however sound like not much reward for the effort tbh.

Im finding that to be the case throughout destiny having set myself the reset of gambit.

I don't mind a grind but reward had to match.

11 hours ago, techno said:

Only done one nightfall, that does however sound like not much reward for the effort tbh.

Im finding that to be the case throughout destiny having set myself the reset of gambit.

I don't mind a grind but reward had to match.

I think my reward was poor as I’m pretty high light, so probably drops better if you are lower. But it’s is mostly a challange thing and a vanity thing, blue halo for the week, triumph score. It’s also pretty fun, if you like hammering through stuff.

How are people getting on with their NF rank in Season 5? I've finally done one NF over 100k thanks to Dave Plumber and DaveyDave.

What are people using to get them? Modifiers, supers and weapons more specifically?

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

How are people getting on with their NF rank in Season 5? I've finally done one NF over 100k thanks to Dave Plumber and DaveyDave.

What are people using to get them? Modifiers, supers and weapons more specifically?

I always run tether with rig boots for these challanges , with a modifier of around 3. Grounded and Match game are pretty good modifies to run as easy to counter.

Also did one today where we put heavyweight on (which is a penalty) but then jacked the handicap up high, when heavy was dropping it was pretty good

Guns, tigerspite, EP shotgun and Sleeper, what else !!!