Calling All PvP Players

AceBoogie239

Looking for a core group of people that want to run comp to get the Lunas Howl and Not Forgotten hand cannons. There are no set number of players needed, I'm  just looking  to see who all would be game so whenever certain people are on we can all work towards getting the guns. Forty6_N_Two, Lee, Capn_Underpants and myself (AceBoogie239) are game. Post below if interested and feel free to add me on PSN. Thanks and look forward to playing with the people I've played with in the past or the new ones that I have yet to meet in game yet.

14 hours ago, AceBoogie239 said:

Looking for a core group of people that want to run comp to get the Lunas Howl and Not Forgotten hand cannons. There are no set number of players needed, I'm  just looking  to see who all would be game so whenever certain people are on we can all work towards getting the guns. Forty6_N_Two, Lee, Capn_Underpants and myself (AceBoogie239) are game. Post below if interested and feel free to add me on PSN. Thanks and look forward to playing with the people I've played with in the past or the new ones that I have yet to meet in game yet.

Nice one Travis, I've always wanted to give more time with the Competitive Playlist but being brutally honest, been worried that people take it too sweaty. We all want to win but if I lose, it ain't the end of the world. Still gotta have fun and I've seen that this playlist shouldn't have to be too sweaty.

I know there's quite a lot here that would definitely be up for some Comp PvP play. From the top of my head I'd have thought these people may consider comp play: @crispymorgan @Stretch616 @Bluebear @techno @Amnotright @LordBaguette @SyntaxMonstr @Sofaman @tronic44

There's probably others but I know Competitive PvP isn't for everyone.

I'd be up for a regular comp night. Chill out, do 10 games a pop, win or lose I won't care.

It seems like there's no quest stages for Luna's Howl that actually depend on winning matches, just pure kills so I'm happy with that.

Via the FG App

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

11 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Nice one Travis, I've always wanted to give more time with the Competitive Playlist but being brutally honest, been worried that people take it too sweaty. We all want to win but if I lose, it ain't the end of the world. Still gotta have fun and I've seen that this playlist shouldn't have to be too sweaty.

I know there's quite a lot here that would definitely be up for some Comp PvP play. From the top of my head I'd have thought these people may consider comp play: @crispymorgan @Stretch616 @Bluebear @techno @Amnotright @LordBaguette @SyntaxMonstr @Sofaman @tronic44

While it can be sweaty its not as bad as it would be if most of the sweats didn't got over to PC. Either way, running as a group we can have a good time while completing the quests.

This has been going better than I expected. Definitely not as sweaty as you imagine. I'm not concerned if we lose at all but funnily enough we haven't lost many. (That's down to the others though, not me [emoji23])

The second part of Luna's Howl is tons of kills with a Hand Cannon in competitive. By slowing my play down slightly, I'm actually finding that they aren't too bad. I'm still an AR or Pulse Rifle player but the Ace of Spades is a pretty solid pick - especially as the radar stays up whilst you're ADSing and kill clip stays permanently active for next 6 shots.

Anyone else fancy this? Honestly, the grind isn't too bad if we have FG parties [emoji847]

On 10/1/2018 at 1:53 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

Fine, I'll go play with my youtube mate then.

banlol.png

Fine, I'll go play with my youtube mate then.
Lolz. I purposely left you out to see how long it would take you to realise this! [emoji23][emoji23] You didn't have a choice, it's PvP, so you'll play regardless [emoji39][emoji8]

Great news for both the Redrix Broadsword Quest next week. First half of the week is Double Valor, with the second half Triple Valor.

We need some 4/6 stacks to seriously level up and reset, alongside Iron Banner Powerful engrams.

Does anyone know if this double and triple Valor applies to the competitive play list ? Have been grinding this not very successfully. If it does apply it could be a double whammy as you  get points for normal crucible by playing the competitive mode.
I believe so.

Via the FG App

Does anyone know if this double and triple Valor applies to the competitive play list ? Have been grinding this not very successfully. If it does apply it could be a double whammy as you  get points for normal crucible by playing the competitive mode.
I believe so.

Via the FG App

Unfortunately I don't think it does as it would state Double/Triple Glory (Competitive) too. However you can play Competitive in this period and your Valor (Quickplay) rank goes up as well.

Helpful tip for anyone grinding for Redrix. 

If you play competitive play list you get Valor points as well, I’m sure we all new that

But what is helpful is that on a loss your Valor win streak doesn’t reset. You will still only get 10 points for a loss but next time you win you’re Valor streak will give you the higher amount of points

And you can build your Valor win streak in competitive as well just by winning the odd match. 

Well the TWAB today confirmed a few things:

we have until 27 Nov to get Redrix and Luna or progress on Valor / Glory gets reset to zero

no mention of any double/ triple xp but infamy double Xp was conformed. Which suggests to me there’s no boost coming. 

I actually hit a 8 win streak in competitive yesterday so if anyone wants to party up on Saturday to grind for Luna I’m up for it.

20 hours ago, Baabcat said:

Well the TWAB today confirmed a few things:

we have until 27 Nov to get Redrix and Luna or progress on Valor / Glory gets reset to zero

no mention of any double/ triple xp but infamy double Xp was conformed. Which suggests to me there’s no boost coming. 

I actually hit a 8 win streak in competitive yesterday so if anyone wants to party up on Saturday to grind for Luna I’m up for it.

I think I did hear about a tweet I'm which they did say there will be bonus Valor through the whole week of Iron Banner which will be nice.

But damn, that's gonna be a grind over the next 2 weeks...Not sure I have time now for Luna's. I'm trying to get Meatballs for the Gambit Seal!

58 minutes ago, reaper-2201 said:

Me and Kempy have been working on it and i hope to be done before the end of this week if anyone cares to join us.

Thanks for the couple of games last night. I kinda feel like if we had a 4 stack we'd do quite well.

I'll be trying to get on at some points this week.