How to get Malfeasance - Exotic Hand Cannon

GazzaGarratt

3443912-pix-e-001-462.mov.15_51_46_09.st

The Malfeasance is an exotic Hand Cannon that is connected to The Drifter and Gambit. To get the quest, we've now started to see it drop from Gambit when a Special Servitor that looks like the Voice of Riven final boss of the main Forsaken story campaign. Its complete RNG if it spawns in but it will be in the winning round and you must defeat it (and the other team) for the Quest to drop.

From there, the steps are as follows:

1. Visit the Drifter in the Tower
  2. Defeat 25 Taken bosses or mini-bosses in the Dreaming City
  3. Complete "The Corrupted"
  4. Deposit Motes (dropped Motes temporarily subtract x2)
  5. Invade opponents in Gambit and defeat 25 opposing Guardians; also, defeat four opposing Guardians as an invader OR have an ally invader defeat four opposing Guardians in a single invasion three times

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

After hearing Gary had managed to drop it yesterday, I was really hoping that more of us would get it, including me.

Turned on last night and whilst saying Hi to everyone just entered a Gambit match on my own. Servitor spawned whilst 1-0 up, panic stations, then we dropped it just before the other team. So happy to drop it. I'll get the video on here shortly.

It's a pretty long quest and a hard one at that. Gotta make sure you don't lose many motes and also the Corrupted strike is over 580.

There's also a current glitch that you can start the Corrupted strike with 6 players - they've put a warning out there saying it may cause issues as it hasnt been tested but to me thats just cos they don't want us saying 6 player strikes is what we want!

Here's my clip from when I dropped the Heart last night. First game of the night, talking to the guys and the wife as well throughout. I completely didn't realise we had spawned it as we were so far behind. Didn't see it either when I invaded and got 3 kills to keep them at bay.

Total excitable panic at the end, when I kept dying. So glad one of our team got a kill over the other side otherwise it might not have dropped.

I got it after grinding Gambit a bit to get some weekly bounties done. Was lucky to be with a bunch of randoms who had destroyed in round 1 so really we weren’t under much pressure when the big guy showed up. Was nervous til he dropped though.

Thankkfull the 3 randoms on the other team didn’t quit as this is happening , done by assholes to deny the other tram the quest .

@crispymorgan finally got the meatball to spawn and after an intense round we nailed it! I thought for a moment we lost it when it swung the other way with 1 third to go but we clutched it. Thanks to Kempy jumping in to help too.

(AND I GOT THE FUCKING SHIP!)