Fortnite Season 6

GazzaGarratt

1538046030809.jpeg

Season 6 has now started with 2 skins available via the Battle Pass.

Skins

The first of these skins, Calamity, is unlocked as soon as players purchase the new Battle Pass. It features an unassuming girl in a white tank top. Earn a few upgrades, however, and Calamity quickly turns into a badass outlaw-type complete with a duster, boots and a ten gallon hat.

The Dire skin goes in a pretty different direction. When you first unlock the skin, after hitting level 100 on the Battle Pass, it starts out as a basic looking male skin, similar to last season’s Drift skin. It gradually transforms into a full blown werewolf, however, who seems to potentially have a Samurai sword.

Pets

These guys will sit in a carrier on your back and "react to different situations you find yourself in", so presumably will be wailing a lot when I repeatedly die as soon as I land. This season's Battle Pass includes three pets: Bonsey, Scales and Camo - a puppy, dragon and chameleon.

Patchnote wise I've seen this info:

In more standard patch note news, the impulse grenade, suppresed SMG, light machine gun, remote explosives and - surprisingly - the bouncer have all been killed off from the game and put in Fortnite's vault.

I like the pets idea, interesting to see how the pets may impact the game or if they are purely cosmetic and noises are post events happening (and only you hearing them?).

I hear the term 'Season' banded around a lot with popular trending games, but I want to know what it denotes?  Does it refer to significant updates whereby it would diminish their importance by calling them updates, or am I talking about something completely irrelevant to what it means?

7 hours ago, SPFreely said:

I hear the term 'Season' banded around a lot with popular trending games, but I want to know what it denotes?  Does it refer to significant updates whereby it would diminish their importance by calling them updates, or am I talking about something completely irrelevant to what it means?

It's is a system implemented in Battle Royale and now other games like Rocket League to reward players for playing during a pre-established length of time for specific items that are exclusive to those seasons... It's another method to reward playing, progressions, dangle the carrot in front of the horse, etc. So season to them is just a window to complete challenges and get exclusive in game cosmetics. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Fortnite have recently added the following new features:

☆ Quadlauncher
☆ Disco Domination Limited Time Mode
☆ Skull Trooper Skins

The Quadlauncher looks like a good addition imo. Not gamebreaking but a change up to regular rocket launchers

Disco mode sounds like a good laugh and promising although I'm really not sure it has any longevity after a couple of games.

Skull Trooper Skins come back from last year but you can now colour the bones in different colours.

Decent update overall. I still enjoy how there content release works as there's continually new stuff to look at and always slightly varied. Also good to see they aren't scared of trying something and then pulling it out if it doesn't work.