Streets of Rage 4

I seen this a little while back but didn't get chance to post it. The nostalgia is kicking in!

I need to find more details but wanted to get it up now. Number 2 was the best by far!

How the fuck did i miss this!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?

I need this, not want, need!
I really don't know!

Tried to find a release date but Dotemu on Twitter aren't giving anything out so far. Sounds like some anime will be involved in some way too.

7 hours ago, MrBiron said:

This is out tomorrow and is getting very good review scores. I'll be picking it up. Hopefully it has online co-op. 

Can't wait! I found the following btw 😄 Co-Op in Streets of Rage 4 can be played with two players online, or up to four players in couch co-op.

I think you can have 4 co-op if you have two people split screen.

Can't wait! I found the following btw [emoji1] : Co-Op in Streets of Rage 4 can be played with two players online, or up to four players in couch co-op.

Via the FG App

6 hours ago, Nutcuttlit said:

I think you can have 4 co-op if you have two people split screen.

Via the FG App

yeah that's the 'couch co-op' thing it mentioned. At least it'll be a great laugh finally joining up on a Streets of Rage game again.

I've got bought this on PS4 and it's also available on Xbox Game Pass.

So if anybody has it and sees me on it, just give me a shout for some co-op shenanigans. In typical FG style it'll probably mean us beating each other up all the time 🤣

fart.gif

I picked this up on Steam and it's a very good game.  Also went back and emulated some SoR2 and only made it to stage 5.

If anyone doesn't own this and wants to try it, I can remote play together this game with up to 3 other people.

I used a £15 Amazon voucher I received from work at the start of the year to pretty much buy this. Looking forward to the Rage once again!

How many levels has it got and does this one come with a save function?

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I used a £15 Amazon voucher I received from work at the start of the year to pretty much buy this. Looking forward to the Rage once again!

How many levels has it got and does this one come with a save function?

12 stages in total, I think 4 hidden retro boss fights, unlockable retro characters and it saves your progress by stage, so if you fail a stage, you can continue from the stage you failed but you have to replay the stage again, which are all pretty short anyway. If you die, you do have the opportunity to choose a different character or add some assists which will give you extra lives but will impact your score.

If Normal is difficult (it is for me), I'd recommend playing through this game on Easy as once you complete the story, you unlock all other game modes and one of them is the retro arcade style with no saves.

Overall I'm loving this game but it can be pretty hard going.

Graphically looks amazing and the music is spot on too. I expect it will be hard for me too @Spacedeck  as I did one level on Normal last night and could feel the intensity as it got to the boss.

I like how you can use a special move but lose health. A bit of a high risk/high reward scenario.

Can't wait to see how online play feels like.

19 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Can't wait to see how online play feels like.

Hopefully better than PC! At the moment online is a mess, runs poorly but it's an issue they are aware off and are trying to fix. Also online is only 2 players, whereas you can have up to 4 local co-op.

As much as I love this game, I'm highly disappointed to see the Arcade mode is lacking. In the previous games, it was all about Arcade mode, scoring on the leaderboard and putting your name up there. In this Arcade mode, you won't get on the leaderboard unless you finish the entire game, which will be very difficult for many people. I really hope this will be changed in the future as it's a feature I really wanted to use, see and try beat my previous best attempt.

I'm still very much enjoying this game and slowly fighting my way through the story on Normal with Blaze.  I'm up to Stage 9, so I've managed to progress a good bit.

6 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

you won't get on the leaderboard unless you finish the entire game, which will be very difficult for many people

I think the big difference now is that this era is all about completionist mentality and the fact you can also save your progress by level means you should in theory get more people completing the game and then get their score on the board.

Save features changed the world to how people play games now. They arent as bothered about knowing they'd need a few hours spare to play the whole game in one sitting.

@GazzaGarratt I get that but it's Arcade for a reason, it should be played like the old Arcades and each old game would save you on a leaderboard based on how well you did. I feel it was massively overlooked and I'm disappointed.

Also, out of the old games, SoR2 was my favourite and that game allowed 2 continues before game over, now it's simply no continues. Makes it harder and I can overlook that but I would like to see my previous score and try beat it.

So while the way we have our progress saved and that helps us finish the game, there is a seperate leaderboard for each stage.

Arcade should be played like the previous versions and that includes a leaderboard based on how well you did, not completing the game. 

I rant and might be shit, but I love this game, find it amazing to play and will keep chipping away at it. 

1 hour ago, Nutcuttlit said:

Already smadhed it on all skill levels on story. Now working my way through arcade mode on all the skill setttings. Floyd for the win.

Via the FG App

How are you so good? I struggle even on Normal 😄.  I hear it's all about crowd control but I just can't seem to get everyone in a position to multi-combo them.

2 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

How are you so good? I struggle even on Normal 😄.  I hear it's all about crowd control but I just can't seem to get everyone in a position to multi-combo them.

I struggle too but with these types of 2D scrolled games, because of the fact they are 2D, there are less options/outcomes that can happen on screen. Bosses are the hardest for me and I've noticed already its learning the phases and what attacks I can use to take them on in between staying safe.