DayZ - open for server modding

phil bottle

The moment a lot of the DayZ community were waiting for, finally happened last week. Server files were released.

Modded servers have already started appearing, though it'll be a little while before we see any major tweaks, at least there'll be some fun PVP stuff with what's already bin the game...with modding I imagine Arma assets will be likely the first kind of thing that find their way in. Vehicles by christmas and I'll soon be back on DayZ most evenings.

Dear Survivors,

today we are releasing the DayZ Server Files. Anyone with sufficient hardware will be able to host their own DayZ server. You are now going to have more customization options and will be able to configure your servers directly.

This, of course, goes hand in hand with new opportunities for modding as having access to the server files gives you much more freedom than ever before.

It is important to mention, that even though we are thrilled to see what our community can make we are not officially supporting modding yet. Why? Mainly because some parts of the game can change a lot and we are still finishing the modding tools we want to provide to you in the future.

That being said we definitely won't stand in the way of your creativity.

You can read the documentation and the minimum recommended system requirements here.
We believe that these files will help you create the unique server environment you always wanted.

See you in Chernarus!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

What do you do Phil, find different modded servers to go on and try out until you find a good one? I'm not overly up with playing on different servers in games. I completely missed the modding era so my knowledge isn't great on it.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

What do you do Phil, find different modded servers to go on and try out until you find a good one? I'm not overly up with playing on different servers in games. I completely missed the modding era so my knowledge isn't great on it.
Once it's all settled down, there will be servers for all kinds of play styles.

PVP only
PVE only
PVP/PVE mix
Survival
Deathmatches
Battle Royale
Role-playing
Eventually folk will add new maps too, hopefully Namalsk for example, the winter map.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Once it's all settled down, there will be servers for all kinds of play styles.

PVP only
PVE only
PVP/PVE mix
Survival
Deathmatches
Battle Royale
Role-playing
Eventually folk will add new maps too, hopefully Namalsk for example, the winter map.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

A PvPvE one would be pretty cool. I'd look forward to that but equally whenever you say it's ready, we can book some time in to go hunting.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb