Gran Turismo Sport Time trial

Greboth

19 hours ago, phil bottle said:

This track really is the great leveller :)

59.5 is my best, no chance I'll get into 58 second bracket.

I'm doing all the AI races now in manual.

I don’t know if it is the track or car class being a leveller, either way I think both are best avoided in future rounds :lol: 

Nice Phil, sounds a good way to practice.  The general online lobbies are good too as you can’t tank your driver rating and you can spectate other people to see where they shift.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Aren't we due a new track? Mr @Greboth?

In other news, I'm driving exclusively in manual now, no looking back at automatic for this dodgy driver.

It is making my driving a little more erratic as my brain is slow on the uptake now it has to think about what gear to switch, which depends upon the type of corner or what power the car boasts etc etc

But I'll come good :)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

@phil bottle I could have sworn it has only been 1 week but you are correct, it is time for another combo.

Next Combo

Car: N700

Track: Tokyo Expressway - Central Outer Loop

Back on the fast road cars again so this could be a challenge with a track with no room for erros.

[mention=141]phil bottle[/mention] I could have sworn it has only been 1 week but you are correct, it is time for another combo.

Next Combo
Car: N700
Track: Tokyo Expressway - Central Outer Loop

Back on the fast road cars again so this could be a challenge with a track with no room for erros.
Right, back on it this week. I'm going to get hammered but I'm in the mood for some laps and feel confident I can get within 20 seconds of your time [emoji23]

3 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Right, back on it this week. I'm going to get hammered but I'm in the mood for some laps and feel confident I can get within 20 seconds of your time emoji23.png

Well we have the event for gt tonight, no reason we couldn’t run some laps of this combo, share some tips and pointers to be faster :) 

This is a very deceptive type of track, and these ones where you can't see round the corner, you really have to learn the braking zones by repeated laps.

Had a quick few laps last night before bed and I tried out braking versus wall riding. Wall riding is currently 7 seconds faster. Is there a way to set up a time penalty to discourage this scandalous cheat?[emoji41][emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

24 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

This is a very deceptive type of track, and these ones where you can't see round the corner, you really have to learn the braking zones by repeated laps.

Had a quick few laps last night before bed and I tried out braking versus wall riding. Wall riding is currently 7 seconds faster. Is there a way to set up a time penalty to discourage this scandalous cheat?emoji41.pngemoji1.png

Not really no.  You can certainly do it when creating an online lobby.  You might be able to do it in single player too but that would still rely on each of is setting it up.  I suppose it’s the same as setting BoP, just trust everyone does enable it as there’s no way to enforce it.

Straight in with a 1:16.312 :) An oversteer moment, a couple wall taps and a few wide apex's so still some time on the table.  It was fun having people online to time trial together, even if Lee did run the walls to get the fastest time :lol:

It's been a while since I posted my lap, so here it is - learn from my lines and go set a faster time :)

12 minutes ago, Greboth said:

Straight in with a 1:16.312 :) An oversteer moment, a couple wall taps and a few wide apex's so still some time on the table.  It was fun having people online to time trial together, even if Lee did run the walls to get the fastest time :lol:

It's been a while since I posted my lap, so here it is - learn from my lines and go set a faster time :)

Lol, I didnt realise it was that much faster using the walls! 😂 Going from a 1:13 with walls to a 1:19.4 doing the lap properly without walls is a significant difference. I'm just glad I'm not a million miles away!

Times on this so far:

Wall riding: 1:10.279

Properly: 1:17.827

I've switched from the Veneno 14 to the Huracan (tuned to N700 and BOP enabled) and I've now also changed my view away from 3rd person cam and so I can only see the bonnet/hood, whatever cam that's called.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Errrr I believe it’s called bonnet cam😛 

Nice time though Phil, good to see you getting faster.  I’m surprised even with BoP on how much faster some cars still are, I tried the Enzo again but couldn’t get in to the 16’s.

I used to use that view and I prefer it but I like having a rear view mirror for the actual sport races so switched the bumper cam like the video.  

I think I might have driven one of the sainte-Croix layouts online but it doesn’t stick in my mind.  From what I remember, it’s a track with quite a few fast flowing corners so perfect for Gr class cars.
Time to give the Veyron a spin[emoji41]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I've had a few laps round the track. It's a really nice track and I'll enjoy trying to set a decent time.

Shifting gears is almost like clockwork for me now, and gives driving an added element that I'm enjoying.

So far I've driven the Buggy Veyron and the Audi TT Cup.

Bugatti Veyron is the faster car and the TT has better brakes and is more nimble round corners.

Veyron slightly best time for me so far:

2:23.685

But it's a new track so I'm sure I can get a second or two off that with practice.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Nice one, I’ll have to have a quick few laps later as you’ve set a target to aim for.  Glad you’re finding manual gears easier though.  Nice to see the improvements people are making.

I usually stick to the 458 on Gr4 as it’s a car I know but I think it’s time to try a different one as I have quite a few Gr4 cars.

Getting low 2:21 laps now in the TT, 10 laps in that car now.

I got excited with a 2:10 In the Veyron before realising BOP wasn't enabled...

The free car, the Lexus, is also decent round this track.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I know that pain, I’ve set a few fast laps before realising BoP was off.

I gave it 10 laps in the BMW and got a 2:18.5.  Definitely some time on the table as I mess up the corner before and after the bridge almost every lap.
2:19 is definitely achievable for me but now I'm aiming for 2:18. Someone has to make you work for it[emoji41]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I have to say i really enjoy this track.

It seems very straightforward and driveable but there's a lot of places you can lose time or gain time, depending on how you look at it.

Haven't managed that perfect lap yet but I'm going to see if the M4 can get me round faster than the Audi as I'm still in low 2:21 territory.

Using zero traction control now[emoji41]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I haven’t managed to get on to try this again, I keep getting distracted by ODubs pc.  I think I’ll have to though as a precaution in case you get too close.  I like having some breathing room.

The Gr.4 cars aren’t to bad with 0 TC, especially on the super soft tyres.  I find 0 TC on Gr.3  a bit tricky on some corners but Gr2 or Gr1 I have to run some TC still.