Gran Turismo Sport Time trial

Greboth

Yeah - let me get in to the 2:15's before you try manual :P

On a serious note, it will take some getting used to if you aren't used to manual gears but practice and stick with it.  You might be slower to begin with but you will be faster once you're used to manual gears.  As a general rule you want to do all your downshifts in the braking zone and not while turning.  You want to change down pretty quick while braking but not too quick else you will lock your wheels, finding the balance comes with practice both at using manual gears and the specific car you're using.   Finally, you don't always have to change gears - the advantage to manual is sometimes you can hold a gear so you don't change up right before a corner or use 2nd to get out of a hairpin rather than 1st to avoid some wheelspin etc.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

As you’re getting a bit close Phil I gave it a few more laps last night.  I got down to 2:16.038 so annoying close to a 2:15.  If I put all my best sectors together I would do a 2:15.2 so I’m obviously messing up a sector or 2 everylap.  I’m out all day tomorrow so going to try Sunday to get in to the 15’s but we’ll see.

1 hour ago, Greboth said:

That is too close for comfort to my time so gave it another go and got down to a 2:15.368.  I lost some time at the beginning of the lap but even so I don't think I can go much faster if at all.

I'd love to have seen the lap for that.  I aren't giving it anymore time or I'll go insane 😂.

1 hour ago, Spacedeck said:

I'd love to have seen the lap for that.  I aren't giving it anymore time or I'll go insane 😂.

I forgot to save the lap unfortunately so the only answer is to do it again :P I'm slightly slower but still a 15.3 lap.  I'm rushing out so didn't have time to cut the one lap from the video, watch it all if you like or if you only want the fastest lap then the 15.3 is lap 5.

Man, I wish I had more time for more time trials this week. The track felt good and only having the Ferrari, I got a few more laps done today but too many silly mistakes. Best is down to 2:21. Is it til next Sunday?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

29 minutes ago, Greboth said:

I forgot to save the lap unfortunately so the only answer is to do it again :P I'm slightly slower but still a 15.3 lap.  I'm rushing out so didn't have time to cut the one lap from the video, watch it all if you like or if you only want the fastest lap then the 15.3 is lap 5.

Very nice.  What I'm getting from watching your laps is I'm messing up the final 3 turns somehow.  I think it starts at the the 180° turn just before you go through the final checkpoint at 1:47/48.  Between there and and the finish line, I'm losing quite a bit of time.

@GazzaGarratt I believe it was due to end today.  However, I wouldn't mind an extra week of this if that's what people wanted.

@Spacedeck I think there are a few tricky corners on this combo, mostly getting out the hairpins.  The braking for the corner after you’re talking about it tricky also.  A number of times I end up running wide at the left because I’ve carried too much speed or I lose time through it.

@GazzaGarratt It is supposed to end today but like Spacedeck, I’m happy to let it run for another week.  I’ll just have to see if I can get in to the 14’s :D 

13 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

I still haven't managed this. I had a very good chance earlier when I was over a second up coming up to the final corner but pressure fluffed it up 😂

You’re going to make me give this another go aren’t you! If you’re only a corner away from a low 2:15 I don’t think my time is safe!

What problems are you having with manual gears? Is it just a practice thing or are you having specific problems?

I’ve used manual gears pretty much since I started racing games 20+ years ago so a lot of it I do without thinking but I can try and offer any advice I have.

6 minutes ago, Greboth said:

What problems are you having with manual gears? Is it just a practice thing or are you having specific problems?

I’ve used manual gears pretty much since I started racing games 20+ years ago so a lot of it I do without thinking but I can try and offer any advice I have.

It's just getting the timing right. I'm used to (IRL) changing gears before braking and while this is natural to me on a bicycle, I'm having trouble in a car :lol:

Bu thanks :)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

14 hours ago, Greboth said:

You’re going to make me give this another go aren’t you! If you’re only a corner away from a low 2:15 I don’t think my time is safe!

I think you are going to be safe, last chance I'll get for this will be tomorrow.  I told my sister I'll babysit this weekend and Sunday I'll be away from home all day.

EDIT: Just had a little go before bed and man this is really frustrating.  I get some really excellent times but at the moment I keep messing up the stupid last chicane where I lose all my speed.  I'll try again tomorrow before I leave.

I give up! I gave it a go to get a 2:14 but nope.  I managed a 2:15.205 so ever so slightly quicker but couldn’t get any faster.  I set a few faster sectors which would have been good enough to get me in to the 14’s but always messed a sector up somewhere.

Ended up staying home so giving this another go and I'm gutted.  I had already set a time of 2:16:267, so had a good idea what to aim for.  I was over a second up and increasing coming round the last corner onto the straight.  As I was turning my heart started racing and ended up spinning the tyres a little and lost time.

So only managed a 2:15.527

If I can put everything together in my perfect run it would give me a 2:14:.740.

Yeah it is horrible to see what your perfect lap is.  With my 15.2 laps my best lap was a 14.3 so losing 9/10th’s over my absolute best lap :( 

I know my biggest time losses are the double hairpins just after sector 2 and the weird chicane before the last hairpin.

I don’t think I’ll have time today to give it another go so it looks like 15.2 is my best time.