Gran Turismo Sport Time trial

Greboth

On 3/5/2019 at 7:17 PM, Greboth said:

I've got my weeks confused somewhere, new combo then;

Car: N800

Track: Autodromo Nazionale Monza

From my first 8 laps on this track, my best so far is a 1:45.224 but I'd say some more aggressive driving could take a second or two off that easily

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I meant to give it a go the weekend but got roped in to moving furniture instead :(

I just realised though this is the class with the vulcan in it.  I feel it is the fastest car in the class but it was such a handful around Maggiore.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

I meant to give it a go the weekend but got roped in to moving furniture instead [emoji20]

I just realised though this is the class with the vulcan in it.  I feel it is the fastest car in the class but it was such a handful around Maggiore.
Yeah, tried the Vulcan, it's shite on this track

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Damn your 45 is a fast time! I did about 15 laps and the best I managed was a 1:46.854 with the Vulcan.  I tried the Lambo out too but couldn't get close to the Vulcan's time.  I think I need to do some more practice if I'm going to get close to your time Phil.

Damn your 45 is a fast time! I did about 15 laps and the best I managed was a 1:46.854 with the Vulcan.  I tried the Lambo out too but couldn't get close to the Vulcan's time.  I think I need to do some more practice if I'm going to get close to your time Phil.
I started on the Vulcan, as I already had it, and it's fast, but doesn't have great acceleration and I did better times in the GTR Nismo.

But, if you want really fast times, I just got in the 1:44s, try out the Aston Martin One -77. As it is N1000, you'll need to tune it down accordingly, but it loves this track.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I haven’t driven any gr2 cars so it is going to be new for me.  I will have to try and put some more time in to the combo this week as I think it’s going to take some practice to get a good lap.

I haven’t driven any gr2 cars so it is going to be new for me.  I will have to try and put some more time in to the combo this week as I think it’s going to take some practice to get a good lap.
I had the Lexus as a freebie, and it's a decent car but I also bought both the Honda and the Nissan.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Tried a few laps in the Honda and then the Nissan, Nissan was a better drive. 1:57.964 i is the nest from about 8 laps so far. Can definitely get more time off that once I learn the track better. Awesome track IMO.

It's a very enjoyable game for me at the moment, and the move to manual gears (loving that 1st gear around tight corners) and bonnet cam is starting to pay off.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I managed to get a few laps in with the Honda tonight, only 5 or 6 but these cars take some getting used to! They feel so much faster than Gr3 cars and certainly you can carry a lot more speed in the corners.  I got the Honda in to the 53's but think I can squeeze that in to the 52's with a few more laps.  I want to try the Nissan too as I have that car already.

Just gave this another few laps and hit a 1:52.039 so 51’s are possible as I ran wide at the chicane at the beginning of sector 3.  I’m going out in a bit but saved the lap so will upload it so you can see where you’re losing time.  For a bit of a quick guide though - 

sector 1 - 17.330

sector 2 - 55.038

sector 3 - 1:24.978

sector 4 - 1:52.039

Just gave this another few laps and hit a 1:52.039 so 51’s are possible as I ran wide at the chicane at the beginning of sector 3.  I’m going out in a bit but saved the lap so will upload it so you can see where you’re losing time.  For a bit of a quick guide though - 
sector 1 - 17.330
sector 2 - 55.038

Please do, I can't get lower than a high 1:54 so far!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

sector 1 - 17.330
sector 2 - 55.038

Please do, I can't get lower than a high 1:54 so far! It'd be good to see where I'm losing time. Great track though.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Here you go @phil bottle Got family round tonight but might try to squeeze in a lap or 2 to see if I can the 51's

Forgot to say - I'm being lazy so cba to cut the lap out so you can see me mess up a few laps first.  The fastest lap is right at the end.

High 1:53 was by best in the end. That bit with the high white walls is where I lose time. Think we're due a new track[emoji8]

I've slowly started to enter the online daily races. I do quite well but my D B rating pits me with the arseholes that like to nudge you off track. I usually qualify around 4 or 5 and make a podium place my main objective.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

It is easy to lose time around the mountain section.  One corner off line can throw you off for then next couple meaning a small loss becomes a much bigger loss than at other tracks.  Still a fast time though :) 

I know we passed the new track time but we were enjoying this so left it but will post another combo up later.

For the daily races, you just have to bear with it to get your driving rating up.  The other option is don’t qualify so you always start at the back, let everyone get a lead and just drive round on your own.  It’s boring and you’ll drop some skill rating but probably the quickest way to get your driver rating up.  Though even in S rating I’ve had people push me off as you draft past on straights.

1 hour ago, Greboth said:

It is easy to lose time around the mountain section.  One corner off line can throw you off for then next couple meaning a small loss becomes a much bigger loss than at other tracks.  Still a fast time though :) 

I know we passed the new track time but we were enjoying this so left it but will post another combo up later.

For the daily races, you just have to bear with it to get your driving rating up.  The other option is don’t qualify so you always start at the back, let everyone get a lead and just drive round on your own.  It’s boring and you’ll drop some skill rating but probably the quickest way to get your driver rating up.  Though even in S rating I’ve had people push me off as you draft past on straights.

Yes, it's an awesome track, and GR2 suits it nicely.

I agree on the driver rating, I think I'll follow your advice on that :)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Whoops, I forgot to post a combo again.  My memory is going to be non existent when I’m old [emoji20] 

Track: Red Bull Ring
Class: Gr4
I was going to nudge you. The daily races this week are not my favourites and can't be arsed with them.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I really like this track a lot, Going at high speed into those first two corners is a real delight, plus trying to work out the best line and keeping up the speed in the last two corners.

I think I was getting 1:36s in the Audi when I tried a few laps last night before bed time but I feel there is lots of scope to improve upon that.

Gran Turismo is still only 14.99 on PSN.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I got in 11 laps before going out today and managed to squeeze in to the 1:35’s using the M4.  I don’t feel like I left a lot in the table so don’t know how much faster I can go.  I think I will try to get in some laps with other cars to see how they stack up.