Gran Turismo Sport Time trial

Greboth

Do you guys race at the same time or just do time trials?

You should have an eve of racing and record some videos [emoji16] Yep I’m not letting up.
Ha ha well we've got together a couple of times but there's not really enough of us to race among ourselves and for online races Greebs would be placed in a higher class. So not until I get gud[emoji22]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Phil, Lee and I have been on a few times together but, as Phil said, that isn’t enough a decent race.  Though others have/had the game but it’s rare to see them on.

We’ll just have to have a race and I’ll start 10 seconds behind everyone 🤣

As Phil said though we can’t race official races together as we’re different ranks.  Though even if we were the same it would be luck if we ended up in the same lobby.

We could always go for a regular online lobby as some of them can be decently populated.  Although they can be a little crash happy in public lobbys.

Whatever I’m sure we can work something out to get some clips for you Rich.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

I race on D class with an A rating for not being a county driver. Yes, I'm also surprised by that.

In D class online races I usually qualify 3rd or 4th.

Maybe I'll record some races of my push to a higher class.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I thought you would be higher than D but then you haven’t done that many races.

I’ll be doing some practice when I get home for the Gr4 Dragon Tail race this week.  I want to try and get another half second off my lap time before I do anymore races.  I was going to simply time trial but if you’re on there’s bound to be a server up on this combo.

A bad workman always blames his tools 😉 

Nice time though 🙂 I find the Lexus can be a bit tail happy but it’s predictable so not too bad.

Have you just qualified or have you tried any of the races? If you can maintain your qualy pace then you should do well as I’ve found peoples race pace can be quite a bit slower than their qualy.

After you left I did 3 races, first I made a mistake so was a recovery, second I got pushed in to a wall so was a recovery too but both I managed to finish higher than I qualified.  Third race went much better, no mistakes and no punts.  Still chasing the elusive victories though 😞 

Well that narrows it down 😂

What is it?

Not all cars are equal on performance so in real life they add restrictor plates in the intake to reduce power or add ballast to increase the weight of the car.  Either/or will slow the car down.  Being this is a game though, to balance out performance, some cars get a power increase and/or weight reduction to make them faster.

How to activate it?

Most of the time you won’t need to.  If you go in to any online lobby then BoP on or off will be chosen for you.

If you do want to activate it though, once you’ve chosen a car and track and it’s loaded.  On the screen where the background is a clip of car driving round the track.  Click on the spanner icon at the bottom to open the set up page of the car.  On the left, there is an icon labelled BoP, click it and turn BoP on.

I've qualified but not done the race yet. The races I have done have all been Gr3 until now but I might try Gr4. I tend to have good pace but it's all about that first corner and my ability to avoid being shunted into the realm.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Sardegna daily race at Gr 4.

1:28.09 so far but I can do a 1:27 if I get all my sectors right.

I've actually tried 4 races in it too.

The first two I quit because of brutality, the third I went from 7th to 16th to 6th and dished out some payback without incurring penalty (one guy I bumped got a 1 second penalty, but he kind of braked really early so there you go). I also picked up 'fastest lap'. 

In the final race I started 2nd (I did a few more qualifying laps between races and improved my time) and although we swapped the lead a couple of times, I finished second.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Since that post I have improved my time to 1:27.9

Also did another race, started 4th and finished 2nd.

Had some nice moments, was overtaken and then did some overtaking myself. All clean and space given, which is unusual when I'm involved.

I did actually finish 3rd but 2nd place disappeared from the game just after crossing the line and so I got bumped up a place.

I've decided to actually try and get out of D, which means I need to race online a few times every day consistently to get my points up. The road to C has begun.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Phil Phil he’s our man! Be careful though, you’ll just get out of D, then want to move up so you’re secure in C. Then realise B isn’t too far away then you try to get out of C and start the process again.

I’m not trying any of the races this week.  I do love Mount Panorama but it’s too messy over the mountain.  So decided to give the Hamilton dlc a go.  Only tried Dragon Trail as it’s the track I know best.  I’ve got within 1 tenth and I know I can do it but it is going to take an almost perfect lap from me.

Phil Phil he’s our man! Be careful though, you’ll just get out of D, then want to move up so you’re secure in C. Then realise B isn’t too far away then you try to get out of C and start the process again.

I’m not trying any of the races this week.  I do love Mount Panorama but it’s too messy over the mountain.  So decided to give the Hamilton dlc a go.  Only tried Dragon Trail as it’s the track I know best.  I’ve got within 1 tenth and I know I can do it but it is going to take an almost perfect lap from me.
Nice one, I need to get back to the dlc, i one lapped most of them to see what the pace is but only picked up silvers i think.

My lap time is now 1:27.4 I think in Sardenga. I can do a 1:26 if I pull it together. I'm not using the fastest cars on this track, using the Lexus, which is a bit understeery but has good pace on the straights.

In Sardenga the first corner and then the corner before the gradient are both lethal I've found. The first one, players with no right try to dive bomb into a non existent gap and the other, you get shunted from behind into the gravel. Though I must admit the joy when such players end up crashing out themselves has me laughing so much it's hard to control the car for the next half lap.

I did one Gr 3 race at Panorama, carnage, never again [emoji846]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

If the rest are like Dragon Trail then they’re going to need some very fast times.  Still, even if only gold times they pay 1mill so could buy some nice cars.

Interesting you find the Lexus understeers as I find it more neutral with maybe a little oversteer.  I think I’ll have to give Sardegna another go else it will always be my bogey track.

A clean fast lap over the mountain is awesome and even more so with clean racing.  Just a shame it is rarely clean 😞 Still ACC have just realised Mount Panorama so going to give that a go soon too as hopefully some cleaner racing on there.

I had a bit of Sardenga fatigue yesterday. Couldn't get within a second of my best times and I fucked up a bunch of races. With help of course.

Then went on again around 11pm and set a new fast time. Ffs [emoji16]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1:26.9 after a few laps tonight. Which I was pleased with as I know theres more I can squeeze.

Can do a low 1:26 maybe but I'm unlikely to get much lower than that before Monday.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Gr 3 this week is Kyoto, while Gr 4 is Nurburgring gp track.

I've set a half decent time on Kyoto and a crap one in Nurburgring so far. Feel the Kyoto time can easily be improved on, but the other will be a challenge, as the track is a little moist.

Gran Turismo is still only 12.99 on PS Store [emoji106]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg