Gran Turismo Sport Time trial

Greboth

This week's daily races are a bit boring. Wish they had more of a variety to the tracks and conditions for the weekly schedule. Seems to be the same few tracks recently.

Plus, why always hard tyres?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I like the recent changes they've added to the game. I hear another track (Spa) might be coming too. 

I've been trying to learn the G29 driving wheel, which is a lot of fun. Its harder work than I expected and it takes me a while to get my feet happy with the pedals but it's very enjoyable. I'm about 2 seconds off my controller pace which is good, it's coming down all the time... but I'm much more prone to error.

What I like about it is that I now get a much better feel for the car, for the racing line and I'm taking corners better.

Once I've really got to grips with it I can see me finally being able to drop ABS.

It is much easier to drive the wet tracks than with a controller.

Also my cat likes sitting behind the wheel and partially blocks my view.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

The more real tracks they add the better and Spa is a good track.  I love racing GT cars in other games at Spa.

Glad you’re enjoying the wheel though 🙂 Interesting that you say you’re more prone to error as most people (myself included) are more consistent with a wheel.  Though I guess that could be down to you still getting used to it over a controller.

You mean you only let your cat watch? That’s harsh, surely you could have let your cat have a go by now!

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

@Greboth, can you pick a new one please? I'd like to get back into a few laps and something to aim for 🙂

It’s the daily race this week but why not have it for the TT as it’s the new track, so;

Car Class: Gr3

Track: Circuit de Spa Francochamps

@phil bottle Tagging you in case you want to set a time.

It’s the daily race this week but why not have it for the TT as it’s the new track, so;

Car Class: Gr3
Track: Circuit de Spa Francochamps

[mention=141]phil bottle[/mention] Tagging you in case you want to set a time.
I has a time on it already, but it's shite as I'm still learning the track. Loving the track.

I'll post a time today as I'm home and free [emoji106]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I thought that was slow but then remembered I forgot to BOP.

I got a 2.20.024 but can definitely improve on that.

Haha yeah, it is amazing how much BoP slows some cars down.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Is it BOP on or off again? I'll see if I can get some laps in tomorrow 👍

On 👍 

Quickly smashed out 5 laps of both combo's while I was waiting for something to download

Mount Panorama; 2:11.478

Sardenga: 1:19.663

There's probably a bit more to come on Mount Panorama but I know that track quite well so probably not too much more.  First time driving this layout of Sardegna though so I'm sure there's a decent amount of time to be found there.

Quickly smashed out 5 laps of both combo's while I was waiting for something to download

Mount Panorama; 2:11.478
Sardenga: 1:19.663

There's probably a bit more to come on Mount Panorama but I know that track quite well so probably not too much more.  First time driving this layout of Sardegna though so I'm sure there's a decent amount of time to be found there.
Are you doing hard or soft tyres? On soft I'm getting 1.17 on Sardegna, 1.22 on hard tyres.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Are you doing hard or soft tyres? On soft I'm getting 1.17 on Sardegna, 1.22 on hard tyres.

Ignore that time, I did a few more laps into 1:16 before I realised it was BOP, I forgot to switch it on again. [emoji849]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Yes Phil you need to enable BoP.

I know the official races force hard tyre but for our TT I’m still using the super softs.

Also, to help your ageing memory - remember to turn BoP on [emoji14] 
Ha ha I was switching from the daily races, and that's always auto enabled for BoP. Is my weak defence [emoji6]

I've done a 1:20.4 so far, in the trusty Audi.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

The R8?

I was using the Lambo on Sardegna and the Mustang on Mount Panorama.

The mustang understeers massively though so want to try a car with a better front end.
I've had a go of the Jag on Panorama so far, though the Mustang is a good shout.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

So a few more laps of Sardegna and I’ve managed a 1:19.035.  With some more practice and stringing all my best sectors together I’d guess I could knock off another 0.5-1 second off that.
My best so far is 1:19.5 on Sardenga. I really like the track, it's very fast.

My Panorama still needs a lot of work but that's nothing new.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg