Gran Turismo Sport Time trial

Greboth

32 minutes ago, Spacedeck said:

I'll give you this round.  I have to go out soon, so don't have much time for anymore racing.  My final time ended up being 2:15.359.

Also accept my friend request 😋.

Damn that is close to my time! Definitely made me sweat more this round than the last one.  Maybe I should stop posting videos of my laps until the round is over :lol: 

I saw that the other but had forgotten, accepted :) 

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Just want to say whilst i'm no way near you two, its been great to read up and see how close you are getting and working on new lap times. Really good fun @Greboth and @Spacedeck 👍

@GazzaGarratt A little more practice and I'm sure you'll be giving us a run for our money too :)

As I'm having an earlier night tonight, here is the next combo to run until 25 November.

Round 3

Track: Brands Hatch GP

Car: N400

I don't think I've driven Brands Hatch in this game, I remember it from some older games but then only really the indy circuit.  I know it is quite a fast but precise track to really get the best out of some of the corners so it is going to be interesting to see how we all do.

It's a pretty slow track with these cars but handling can be an issue.  Currently tried a few cars but each of them gave me issues on corners.

I'm currently set on the Toyota S-FR Racing Concept '16 and set a slow time to start this off at 1:35.  This car actually feels like it handles corners pretty well.

I’ve included all car classes so we will end up with some slow combo’s occasionally.  Though I have an unwritten rule that if we end up with something stupid like n100 and Nordeschleife then I’ll re-roll the randomiser.

I think a slower combo could be good though, see who maintain their speed through the corners.

I’ve included all car classes so we will end up with some slow combo’s occasionally.  Though I have an unwritten rule that if we end up with something stupid like n100 and Nordeschleife then I’ll re-roll the randomiser.

I think a slower combo could be good though, see who maintain their speed through the corners.
I fancied a slower pace on a smaller track to be honest. Keeps the times closer and maybe even a chance coming higher up the table! [emoji23] Nice one Greboth.

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I fancied a slower pace on a smaller track to be honest. Keeps the times closer and maybe even a chance coming higher up the table! emoji23.png Nice one Greboth.

Good luck with that, the track is a bastard :lol:

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1:33.682 using the Mercedes.

Can maybe squeeze time from sector 2 to get me to 1:32 but we'll see...

I tried the following other cars and couldn't get under 1:37

Civic Type R
TTS Coupe '14
Mustang GT '15

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Gave it some laps tonight using the M4 and managed a 1:33.052.

Interestingly on that lap I set none of my fastest sectors :lol: as I messed up so many faster laps :( A 1:32 is definitely possible, maybe 1:31 even if I can string sectors together without touching the grass.

Gave this another 10 laps this afternoon.  I managed to screw up most of them but in the middle managed a 1:32.5.  I managed a lap where I was 7 tenths up but touched the grass and spun near the end of the lap :( So a 1:31 is possible even if tricky to keep the lap together.

I just realised I haven’t updated the leaderboard for the last round.  I know my time and Spacedeck’s but @phil bottle and @GazzaGarratt what time did you set in round 2?

I also didn’t realise that this rounds ends on the FG awards weekend so if there’s no objections I’ll extend this round by a week too.

2 hours ago, Greboth said:

I just realised I haven’t updated the leaderboard for the last round.  I know my time and Spacedeck’s but @phil bottle and @GazzaGarratt what time did you set in round 2?

I also didn’t realise that this rounds ends on the FG awards weekend so if there’s no objections I’ll extend this round by a week too.

2:17.742

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I just realised I haven’t updated the leaderboard for the last round.  I know my time and Spacedeck’s but [mention=141]phil bottle[/mention] and [mention=312]GazzaGarratt[/mention] what time did you set in round 2?

2:21

So round 2 times

1. Greboth - 2:15.205

2. Spacedeck - 2:15.359

3. Philbottle - 2:17.742

4. GazzaGarratt - 2:21

50 minutes ago, techno said:

From nowhere I pulled a 1.36.791

Only car I have is m4

Nice :) This track is a pig of a track, I can do one quick lap but then next 10 I screw up.

I've managed to shave some time off mine above but I know I can go faster still ..... as long I can keep it on the damn track.

This is a pig of a track, I don’t know what idiot chose it.....oh wait it was me :lol: 

I am anything but consistent on this combo but I did some laps last night and got down to 1:30.94.  I think I could get it down to maybe a 1:30.5 but I don’t think I can be bothered to do the laps to get my time down.

I've started entering the online races. I like how you get a rating for both race finishes and also for race behaviour.

I won't win any for a while but finishing a few places higher than qualifying is enough to encourage me.

This is a really well made game.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Yeah the online is fun, most of the races I find are pretty good though occasionally come across an asshole or two.  I’m aways up for some online racing, I’ll try to remember to make an event later.  See if we get a few of us on for some racing and banter as well as make a change from time trialling all the time.

Yeah the last combo was tricky but I'd prefer that over a track that is really easy.

I remembered on the way to work this morning that I had forgotten to post the combo yesterday oopsie.  So -

Round 4

Car: Gr.3

Track: Dragon Trail - Seaside