Gran Turismo Sport Time trial

Greboth

Hopefully you can find the space, the more people taking part the better the competition.

8 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I'm down to 2:25 with plenty of errors still so I think a bit of practice and I'll go sub 2:20.

Mina is also getting on board but she's only done a few laps so far.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

This is going to be interest to find out who has the bragging rights between you two :lol: 

I tried the McLaren out earlier to see how I get on with it.  I’m not really any faster with it so far but I find it easier to be more consistent.  So I think it is the one to stick with to really start perfecting my lap.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Hopefully you can find the space, the more people taking part the better the competition.
This is going to be interest to find out who has the bragging rights between you two [emoji38] 

I tried the McLaren out earlier to see how I get on with it.  I’m not really any faster with it so far but I find it easier to be more consistent.  So I think it is the one to stick with to really start perfecting my lap.

I've only managed about 8 or 9 laps today and I'm down to 2:24.
Three specific corners to master and we'll see about that. I'm loving this challenge mate and really glad you set it up.

Mina is lapping around 2:40 but she's not had much time on it yet. She's pretty good at these types of games and if she can overcome her frustration (that's a fucking big 'if' lol) she'll give us all a run for our money.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

There are some tricky corners, I struggle with T1 and most of sector 1 really.  I think I drive it the same but some sector 1’s I’m down a few tenths but the next lap up a few tenths.  I’m also struggling with the braking for the hairpin and not running wide at 130r.

I think I can get my time down a little more, maybe half a second at a push, before I’ll think about posting an updated time.

Yup, that is the correct class of car and the correct track.  I can only think it is down to tyres, I just set my lap times on whatever the default are.  Which from memory I think were sports hard.  I never thought to change the tyres though as it is an allowed set up change even with BoP then we should all be using the softest racing tyre available.  I guess my ‘fast’ time isn’t so fast anymore and I need to redo my times.

@phil bottle @GazzaGarratt @techno

Tagged you all to make sure you’re aware to make sure you change your tyres before setting your times.  Apologies for missing this in the first place.

@Spacedeck I just had a quick look now I’m home.  My laps were set on sports hard and I’d guess others were too.  Though looking at the McLaren I was using, I can use the Racing Super soft which should be even quicker than the soft you were using in the video.

@Greboth Well considering that all cars will have at least Soft as an option, we could choose that.  Honestly though, I don't mind what other people use for tyres, use whatever works for you.  The option to change tyres is there for everyone anyway.

If you end up beating me though, I might have to buy a new car 😏.

47 minutes ago, Spacedeck said:

@Greboth Well considering that all cars will have at least Soft as an option, we could choose that.  Honestly though, I don't mind what other people use for tyres, use whatever works for you.  The option to change tyres is there for everyone anyway.

If you end up beating me though, I might have to buy a new car 😏.

I don’t know if there is a limit on some cars so seems easier to leave it up to free choice for people to choose whatever tyre they want.

You should have kept quiet though as you could have easily beaten us all as we were all using hard tyres :lol: 

I do aim to beat you all but we shall see as the times come on.  Time to set some times on the Racing SS and see how my time compares.

I found the soft too slippy but racing super soft was fine. Makes such a difference from hard, I'm slightly behind Spacedeck at 2:13 on my first few tries so I'm glad I'm now in the same ballpark.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Well now the tyre issue has been sorted out the times have come tumbling.  It was fun hoping in to an online lobby and seeing how the times came down and trying the different cars.  Sticking to my McLaren I managed to set a 2:04.153 which I've got close to a few times again but I'm not confident I'll be able to better that time.

Trying the Lambo Huracan out as Lee said it was slower :P Only did 10 laps in it and set a 2:06. something.  I set faster sector 1's after that lap but made mistakes later on.  I certainly think the lambo is capable of 2:05's.  Now to give away all my secrets

Well now the tyre issue has been sorted out the times have come tumbling.  It was fun hoping in to an online lobby and seeing how the times came down and trying the different cars.  Sticking to my McLaren I managed to set a 2:04.153 which I've got close to a few times again but I'm not confident I'll be able to better that time.

Trying the Lambo Huracan out as Lee said it was slower [emoji14] Only did 10 laps in it and set a 2:06. something.  I set faster sector 1's after that lap but made mistakes later on.  I certainly think the lambo is capable of 2:05's.  Now to give away all my secrets

Nice to finally get back on this. It's sure addictive as hell to just do 'one more lap'. I managed a 2:12 something for my first night which I've got be happy with.

I may go back to the Lambo Huracan as moving to the McLaren that Greeboth used, whilst it's quicker it really is hard to control. Oversteer is a bitch in that!

I really need to go sub 2.10 more regularly otherwise I'll just feel like I can't make any inroads into those top times you guys already have.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

It sure is addictive, I only planned to do a few laps and end up usually doing more like 20.  For the number if laps you’ve done, I think 2:12 is good.  I’m faster but I’ve now probably done 60ish laps in total.  Also not being half asleep might help with the consistency also :P

I generally find I struggle to go faster and eventually set a messy but faster lap.  Then manage to run the faster time with a cleaner lap but struggle to then go faster.  Then set s messy but faster lap.  Rinse and repeat.

The Lambo is certainly easier than the McLaren when it comes to braking in to T1 and getting out the hairpin.  I’m still not sure the McLaren is actually faster over a lap but it may edge it slightly.  I think I’ll give the Lambo another go, see if I can get it closer to the time I set with the McLaren.

4 minutes ago, Spacedeck said:

@Greboth where do I go to enable others time like you have?  Is there a specific requirement? Like has to be using same car?  I don't see anyone else time but my own.

As Phil, Lee and I were on at the same time we created an online lobby.  If you’re in single player time trial you will only see your own time.

On 10/4/2018 at 7:30 PM, Spacedeck said:

I'm not sure if I'll make any improvements on mine. This track is a beast and everything has to be pin point perfect.

I'll continue to try as this car feels extremely good round this track. 

I’m thinking the same, I managed to squeeze a few laps in over the weekend buy I couldn’t get within half a second of my PB.  I might try before again before Sunday but I’m not confident I’ll go any faster.

I've not managed to get on much since my 2:10, mostly cos I'm bored with that track now. I will revisit it though to get under 2:10 can definitely improve on that with a clean lap.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Boredom of a track is a factor, I can’t do many laps either until I want to drive a different car/track.  I did wonder at the set up whether to make each round a week.  However I think it is nice to have longer to give everyone time to have a go but maybe we can change it to a week if people would prefer that.