Gran Turismo Sport Time trial

Greboth

Afternoon,

With Phil derailing the Forza Horizon 4 thread with Gran Turismo posts.  I’m not sure how many FGer’s have GT but it got me thinking if anyone fancies a time trial competition.

Basic premise I was thinking, every couple weeks I can generate a random track and car class.  You post your best time to see who wins each week.  It could be for a bit of fun or if you want a little more competition each round scores points so we have a championship table.

UPDATE

Time Trial Rules:

- Each time trial will run for 2 weeks beginning Monday and ending on a Sunday (time set to GMT) to give everyone enough time to a lap.

- I will use an online randomiser to generate each car class and track combination.  I will generate each one on a Sunday evening and update this OP and in a new post so all can see.

- When completing your laps, you must also use Balance of Power (BoP) to keep things as competitive as possible.

- Any available set up changed that BoP doesn’t like.  This includes tyres so be sure to change tyres to the fatest tyre available.  This seems to be always be Racing Super Soft from what I can tell.

- You can do as many laps as you like, just post your quickest time in the thread.  If you post and then set a quicker time, please edit your post so it is easier for me to collate the times each round.  I don't think it is necessary to post screenshots for verification of times but if your feeling particularly confident, post a video of your lap so we can all see your lines, braking points etc. ;)

- Driving aids such as ABS, Traction Control as well as the Racing line indicator, cone markers etc. are all up to individual choice.

- Points will be awarded each round based on where you finish.  Points will be awarded as per Formula 1 ( 1st place - 25 points; 2nd -18; 3rd - 15; 4th -12; 5th - 10; 6th - 8; 7th - 6; 8th - 4; 9th - 2; 10th - 1 ).

If you don't know how to enable Balance of Power (BoP), when you have loaded the time trial and you're at the screen with the track in the background and the Start, Replay, Car Settings etc. at the bottom.  Go in to Car Settings and on the left handside, under your car, you should see Balance of Power which by default is set to off - turn if on.  Depending on your car it will slightly tweak your power and/or weight to balance all cars of that class.  If this doesn't make sense, I can post screenshots.

Round 1 (Ends 14/10/2018) - Car Class: N600 Track: Suzuka Cicuit

Round 2 (21/10 - 04/11/2018)- Car Class:Gr.3  Track: Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa + Miyabi

Round 3 (11/10 - 25/11/2018)- Car Class:N400  Track:Brands Hatch GP

Round 4 (26/11 - 09/12/2018)- Car Class:  Track:

Leaderboard:

1st Greboth - 25pts

2nd Spacedeck - 18pts

3rd Phil Bottle - 15pts

4th GazzaGarratt 12pts

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Afternoon,

With Phil derailing the Forza Horizon 4 thread with Gran Turismo posts.  I’m not sure how many FGer’s have GT but it got me thinking if anyone fancies a time trial competition.

Basic premise I was thinking, every couple weeks I can generate a random track and car class.  You post your best time to see who wins each week.  It could be for a bit of fun or if you want a little more competition each round scores points so we have a championship table.
Yeah I'm up for that, it's a really great game [emoji16]

Now, as for Forza Horizon, I am tempted to...whoops derailing another thread[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

It is indeed a great game.  I usually stick to racing Gr4 or Gr3 cars so this is a good way to force me to use other cars.

Hopefully a few other people will be interested as I can only kick your ass so many times :lol: 

4 hours ago, Greboth said:

It is indeed a great game.  I usually stick to racing Gr4 or Gr3 cars so this is a good way to force me to use other cars.

Hopefully a few other people will be interested as I can only kick your ass so many times :lol: 

Sadly, I will be unable to shunt you off track in a time trial :D

I actually like how the online game punishes poor behaviour, even if it occasionally gets it wrong.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'd be totally up for this! Nice idea Greebs, when I picked this up before the time trial times to beat are so addictive.

Keep switching the cars is a good idea too.

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I'd be totally up for this! Nice idea Greebs, when I picked this up before the time trial times to beat are so addictive.

Keep switching the cars is a good idea too.

The time trial ones are great though I don’t generally replay them once I have the gold so always good to have more reason to play.

I think switching cars is key, I’ve driven so much in the Gr4 class I’m pretty competitive at tracks I don’t know but absolutely rubbish in any other car class.

3 hours ago, techno said:

Is this worth picking up? How easy is it to get into? Had gran tourismo way back and loved it but never found another one to be as good, I  did consider it the lack of career mode put me off.

In short yes.  I had GT2 - GT4 but then switched to the xbox 360 so only had Forza.  However I’d say it is the most enjoyable console racing game I’ve played.  There are things I miss, especially from Forza, like the car customisation.  Performance mods, body mods, custom paint jobs are better in Forza in my opinion.  However they are all ancillary to the actual racing which is good and mostly the online racing is pretty clean too.

Less of the talking more of the racing! Update OP with some rules and all that and post first combo.  I'll run the others to their 2 week deadline but thought the first one could start a little earlier.

@GazzaGarratt@phil bottle@techno and anyone else that fancies this - get driving!

Less of the talking more of the racing! Update OP with some rules and all that and post first combo.  I'll run the others to their 2 week deadline but thought the first one could start a little earlier.

[mention=312]GazzaGarratt[/mention][mention=141]phil bottle[/mention][mention=55]techno[/mention] and anyone else that fancies this - get driving!
I've just bought a Nissan as I didn't have an N600 class.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

[mention=312]GazzaGarratt[/mention][mention=141]phil bottle[/mention][mention=55]techno[/mention] and anyone else that fancies this - get driving!
Better get my game updated again then! Started it off now.

We definitely need the others to get back on just for this!

Good man, that’s the spirit! Though if you’re racing already I think I need to stop Densitying.
That track is one of those bastards where if you make a mistake going into a corner, it's bye bye time.

And it has plenty of corners

I'm liking it though and I'm learning all the time. I've done about a dozen practice laps so far in the Nissan Nippletwister, or whatever it's called.

This is my favourite racing game for some time and you've made it even better, so cheers for that man[emoji41]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

9 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Better get my game updated again then! Started it off now.

We definitely need the others to get back on just for this!

The more the better it is though I’m not sure how many of us have it but hopefully more join in the future.

9 hours ago, phil bottle said:

That track is one of those bastards where if you make a mistake going into a corner, it's bye bye time.

And it has plenty of corners

I'm liking it though and I'm learning all the time. I've done about a dozen practice laps so far in the Nissan Nippletwister, or whatever it's called.

This is my favourite racing game for some time and you've made it even better, so cheers for that manemoji41.png

I generally find that making a mistake ruins your time on all tracks :lol: But Suzuka does have some trickier corners than most tracks.

I don’t think I’ve done many, if any, laps of Suzuka on this game so it is going to be quite the learning experience for me too.

I’ll try and do a few laps tonight and post my preliminary time to see how slow I am :lol:

I generally find that making a mistake ruins your time on all tracks [emoji38] But Suzuka does have some trickier corners than most tracks.

I don’t think I’ve done many, if any, laps of Suzuka on this game so it is going to be quite the learning experience for me too.

I’ll try and do a few laps tonight and post my preliminary time to see how slow I am [emoji38]
I'm around 3 mins 20 at the moment but that'll come down with practice.

What's your vehicle of choice?

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

30 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

3:20 :o I actually have no idea if that is good or bad 😛 I wouldn’t practice too hard to get the time down though ;) 

While I was looking how to enable BoP I looked what N600 cars I had.  Without buying a new car my choice seems to be a Ferrari 458 or a Mclaren (I think MP4-12C).  I’ve driven the Gr.4 458 a lot so probably going to try the 458 first.

Just now, Greboth said:

3:20 :o I actually have no idea if that is good or bad 😛 I wouldn’t practice too hard to get the time down though ;) 

While I was looking how to enable BoP I looked what N600 cars I had.  Without buying a new car my choice seems to be a Ferrari 458 or a Mclaren (I think MP4-12C).  I’ve driven the Gr.4 458 a lot so probably going to try the 458 first.

Gr 4 is my go to class at the moment. Rocking the Huracan, what a great car that is.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

26 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Gr 4 is my go to class at the moment. Rocking the Huracan, what a great car that is.

If you’re ever up for some racing of an evening let me know.  I’m always up for some online Gr.4 racing.  Though online seems limited to Dragon tail, Bathurst/Mount Panorama or Red Bull Ring.

7 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Having now done some laps I really hope this is a typo and you mean 2 mins 20 else this is going be a boring competition :lol: 

I’ve managed to scrape a 2:19.9 and I think a low 2:19 should be possible.  I’m just far too inconsistent lap to lap to put all the fastest bits together.

Having now done some laps I really hope this is a typo and you mean 2 mins 20 else this is going be a boring competition [emoji38] 

I’ve managed to scrape a 2:19.9 and I think a low 2:19 should be possible.  I’m just far too inconsistent lap to lap to put all the fastest bits together.
lol yeah, got it slightly the wrong way round, 2 mins 30 is what I should have written.
2:28 is my best so far[emoji16]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Sweet, good to know you’ll be some competition then [emoji3] 
I'm down to 2:25 with plenty of errors still so I think a bit of practice and I'll go sub 2:20.

Mina is also getting on board but she's only done a few laps so far.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I don't have enough room on my PS4 with all these games installed.... [emoji852]️

If I figure out any games to delete, will download this again.
You will figure it out dude [emoji39][emoji8]

External hard drives are quite cheap atm. Honestly, one of the best things I've bought to date.