Torb rework and other PTR changes

Stretch616

So the long awaiting Torn rework is here and he looks pretty sweet. Highlights of the changes as follows

• Turret is now deployable and doesn't require building. Turret will now aim at whatever is being hit with your primary fire
  • Overload ability is new and is a mini molten core (previous ult). Lasts for 5 secs and on a 12 sec cooldown, now makes you move faster too
  • Molten core (new ult) is totally new and he basically throws 10 shots of hot magma onto the floor which do 150dps on normal health/shield and 190dps on armour. A fair bit of area denial
  • Crit hitbox rediced by 10%
  • Robot gun projectiles fire faster
  • Spread on alternative fire is tighter

There's a bit more in there but he really does look like a decent pick now and can really melt quickly with the turret, secondary fire change and overload as a nasty combo. I don't think he'll be a troll pick anymore!

Mcree is getting a little buff with his combat roll changing from 8 to 6 sec cooldown.

Orisa has a small buff with her gun spread being reduced from 1.5 to 1.2. Apparently this should make her more consistent with damage at mid to long ranges

Solider is also getting a little buff with his spread not coming into effect until the 10th shot in full auto. This is quite a big buff imo as it'll make his damage output a lot more consistent

Pharah has had what they are calling a skill update. Effectively making her more difficult to play but also more rewarding if you do.

• Concussion blast cooldown reduced from 12 to 9 secs
  • Increased fire rate from 0.9 to 0.75 secs
  • Increased rocket travel speed
  • Reduced damage from non-impact hits from 65 to 45 (will double check numbers)
  • Increased damage for direct hits from 55 to 75

Quite excited for the Paharah changes, as I think it makes her a bit more viable on more maps now. The rocket travel increase will really help smooth out the damage lost from the explosion area of effect.

So the long awaiting Torn rework is here and he looks pretty sweet. Highlights of the changes as follows

• Turret is now deployable and doesn't require building. Turret will now aim at whatever is being hit with your primary fire
  • Overload ability is new and is a mini molten core (previous ult). Lasts for 5 secs and on a 12 sec cooldown, now makes you move faster too
  • Molten core (new ult) is totally new and he basically throws 10 shots of hot magma onto the floor which do 150dps on normal health/shield and 190dps on armour. A fair bit of area denial
  • Crit hitbox rediced by 10%
  • Robot gun projectiles fire faster
  • Spread on alternative fire is tighter
There's a bit more in there but he really does look like a decent pick now and can really melt quickly with the turret, secondary fire change and overload as a nasty combo. I don't think he'll be a troll pick anymore!

Mcree is getting a little buff with his combat roll changing from 8 to 6 sec cooldown.

Orisa has a small buff with her gun spread being reduced from 1.5 to 1.2. Apparently this should make her more consistent with damage at mid to long ranges

Solider is also getting a little buff with his spread not coming into effect until the 10th shot in full auto. This is quite a big buff imo as it'll make his damage output a lot more consistent

Pharah has had what they are calling a skill update. Effectively making her more difficult to play but also more rewarding if you do.
  • Concussion blast cooldown reduced from 12 to 9 secs
  • Increased fire rate from 0.9 to 0.75 secs
  • Increased rocket travel speed
  • Reduced damage from non-impact hits from 65 to 45 (will double check numbers)
  • Increased damage for direct hits from 55 to 75

Quite excited for the Paharah changes, as I think it makes her a bit more viable on more maps now. The rocket travel increase will really help smooth out the damage lost from the explosion area of effect.
Geez, that's a pretty big update for Torb. Always got a soft spot for that guy as it was my first character.

I still think people will moan around Good level matches as essentially it's not much skill to put a turret down. It's more higher end games that require you to put it in the right spot on certain maps.