Hmmm

phil bottle

3 hours ago, Mikepjbell said:

What makes you think it looks crap?

I'm feeling Anthem could be further confirmation that EA and Bioware have forgotten what makes games great, and instead favour cheap generic multiplayer shooters that boast about their awesome graphics while lacking any real depth.

I have an open mind of course and I'm hoping to find out I'm wrong about it being boring but then again..

...I played ME: Andromeda 🙄

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I am concerned about Anthem because it looks very generic, linear and incredibly underwhelming. It's a live service game made by declining developers with ideas poached from other games that doesn't offer anything unique or original. The developers are failing to convince with the concept and long term strategy and they seem to be looking for outs so they can go back to work on Dragon Age and Mass Effect.  

A Destiny format with Titanfall aesthetics and The Surge mechanics is a mortifying combination. Add a live service foundation into the mix plus BioWare's current reputation along with EA as publisher and it has all the hallmarks of DOA. 

I've watched quite a bit of gameplay last day or two and the only positive and unique aspect of the game seems to be the vertical movement. Everything else seems painfully bland and nothing we haven't seen before in a variety of games.  Also the interface and general back-end systems are supposed to be pretty woeful for a game of this nature.  Nobody has came out and said it's an excellent and groundbreaking experience either which is a worry considering this game is £50 and has been in development for as long as Red Dead Redemption 2 apparently. 

I will give it a go when the demo becomes available to all but this game is to Destiny what Lawbreakers was to Overwatch it seems.. 

Let's cut the bullshit here: It's Destiny with fancy lighting effects and jumpy shit. That's all it is. Bioware know their number's been pulled and unless they blow the shareholders out the water they're fucked, so they've opted to play it safe by doing stuff we've all seen before in one game or another.I can't see myself buying it, or Division 2 for that matter, for no other reason than I'm just fed up with the AAA scene lately. As @crispymorganmentioned elsewhere, it's shareholders first, gamers second. If you look at the bigger picture in gaming, there's a massive shift happening under the surface and the next couple of years is going to be a massacre for EA, Activision and all the other big guns. For too long all they've focussed on is getting more money out of gamers and let the quality slide. Add to this the SJW bullshit (BF5, perfect example) and you're just getting loads of pissed off, angry gamers who are finally saying enough is enough. I downloaded Broforce the other day and it really hit the nail on the head that you don't need to be spending huge chunks of cash to have fun, it really is a £4 game which is immense to play for an hour and put down again. 

The banning of loot boxes in Belgium and now Holland (with a few states in Murica following suit, Hawaii and another one, can't remember which) marks the start of the end of this predatory bullshit and I for one can't fucking wait to see these publishers fail their shareholders. Enough of the greed, let's have some quality shit again eh?

banlol.png

1 hour ago, crispymorgan said:

Ocean wide, puddle deep.

When you say this, have we had a game that does give us Ocean wide, puddle just the same size? I'm not saying we shouldn't expect a game to do that, just curious to understand if we're asking for something that's never existed. I've never played one to that point (well, I have but my perception is different to yours :D )