Sleeper Simulant Changes

GazzaGarratt

After quite a lot of noise in the Destiny community we've now seen a post from Bungie and their lead on Sandbox changes, Josh Hamrick, about what they are going to do about it. I've lifted the tweets below.

I initially didn't want a nerf or change of any kind. Exotics need to feel powerful and OP - but not all the time.

I've since moved after playing countless hours on Gambit that I feel it needed tweaking because of how much the gun is used for both PvP and PvE parts.

This is a start and I think a prudent one because if they remove too much it makes the gun useless. They can assess after a few weeks and then make further changes if people find it doesn't change the state of its use.

Bungie had to listen and react due to the sheer volume of comments on it. Not sure what others feel about it?

Last night was the first time I played gambit so I haven’t seen first hand how prevelant it is.  I agree that exotics, all exotics, should be in their own way overpowered.  Though I think they should only feel overpowered in their own weapon type / class.  The issue seems that the Sleeper has crossed over in to D1 Jellyhorn territory and it isn’t just OP for that weapon type, it is OP even against other exotics.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

I played a couple matches of gambit yesterday and other then myself, no one was using the sleeper.  

Yea, it sucks getting shredded by it but I expect that from an exotic.  I’ll still drop an “F-ing Sleeper!” And carry on. 

Maybe be a few more F bombs though.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*