Iron Banner - Season 4

GazzaGarratt

First Iron Banana is back this week and Power Levels are enabled.

Game Mode: Control

Begins: Tuesday, September 18

Ends: Tuesday, September 25

09132018_Saladin.jpg?cv=3983621215&av=36

There are 7 bounties, 2 of which are powerful so definitely worth playing this time round. A good addition to the game whilst you can also still turn in tokens for packages.

The gear on sale has static rolls whereas the gear that drops post game can be Iron Banner gear with random rolls. Make sure you check out the guns as quite a few have sertiously good static rolls available. The IB Pulse Rifle already looks a winner.

The armour this time round looks pretty sweet too. I definitely think Armour has gone up a notch post-Forsaken launch.

DnUlmrzV4AACMae.jpg:small

Let us know what you manage to get and how Iron Banner feels this time round with Power Levels enabled, just like back in D1.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

20 minutes ago, techno said:

Seems emgrams are now broken says 532 power to drop at 511, think it goes for all powerful emgrams if you read Twitter 

Thats a bug. Engrams are working as expected, just a UI issue. Powerful engrams come from those 2 weekly bounties.

17 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Thats a bug. Engrams are working as expected, just a UI issue. Powerful engrams come from those 2 weekly bounties.

I have no idea what that means 😁

Bug? Isn't that something not working as designed?

All I know is powerful emgrams aren't powerful 

4 minutes ago, techno said:

I have no idea what that means 😁

Bug? Isn't that something not working as designed?

All I know is powerful emgrams aren't powerful 

Lol. Iron Banner packages are always legendary gear, not powerful but unfortunately the UI shows them as Powerful.

21 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Lol. Iron Banner packages are always legendary gear, not powerful but unfortunately the UI shows them as Powerful.

Ah right, but people are complaining about weekly challenges doing the same, however I haven't seen that.

Ah right, but people are complaining about weekly challenges doing the same, however I haven't seen that.
Oh no, that would be annoying if thats the case. I didnt see that though on the issues log.

Played a few games late last night and its definitely a good feeling to run around with a few of us. Was with Nick @Bluebear and Matt@Misneach_ and we did wreck a number of teams. There feels like way more options to choose this time out that work.

There is a lot of Shotguns in Iron Banner but I feel you can capitalise at a distant with ARs and HCs. Misfit and Trust worked well for me.

Also, lots of bounties can be done whilst you're on - 5 daily crucible, 7 Weekly IB, 3 daily and 3 weekly clan ones as most are PvP as its Iron Banner.

We were starting to see the differences like way back in D1 when power last mattered.

It felt really good that now we have that extra dimension back in Iron Banner and the 7 weekly bounties give you good reason to keep playing. Even though it was funny that one of @Stretch616 Dawnblade strikes couldn't kill an enemy. On the flip side I could sustain a Shoulder Charge and stay alive.

So much fun having a larger FG party. I'm feeling my Trust Hand Cannon works well atm but i seriously think theres some Year 1 guns that are still performing in the top 10 guns. I'm trying to use different stuff rather than do my usual go back to tried and tested but I suppose the raid pulse rifle was designed to be good. 

Gary, I may just get my Marine back out of the vault aswell.

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

We were starting to see the differences like way back in D1 when power last mattered.

It felt really good that now we have that extra dimension back in Iron Banner and the 7 weekly bounties give you good reason to keep playing. Even though it was funny that one of @Stretch616 Dawnblade strikes couldn't kill an enemy. On the flip side I could sustain a Shoulder Charge and stay alive.

So much fun having a larger FG party. I'm feeling my Trust Hand Cannon works well atm but i seriously think theres some Year 1 guns that are still performing in the top 10 guns. I'm trying to use different stuff rather than do my usual go back to tried and tested but I suppose the raid pulse rifle was designed to be good. 

Gary, I may just get my Marine back out of the vault aswell.

What roll do you have on the Trust 

34 minutes ago, techno said:

I have one with snapshot sights and rampage, need to look at others because this felt good from the start and I don't really think they're good rolls.

Yeah mine has opening shot and rapid hit. Opening shot isn’t bad but not a great roll by no means. I want a good roll because that thing is a PvP monster 

What roll do you have on the Trust 
Mine has Rapid Fire and Explosive Payload. Rapid fire I think is underrated so far however I'd probably swap it for kill clip or rampage to pair with explosive payload. It feels like it just needs a little more power that kill clip or rampage would give it. Mine already has a high reload rate and the masterwork is more reload rate.

I'm with you though. There is definitely a god roll for this gun and it will be beastly, no doubt about it.

IB hasn’t been good since D1.  At least then, it was a viable means to increase your light level.  Post match rewards would be gradually better etc..

D2 banner just doesn’t appeal to me personally.  The armor is meh and I don’t really care for any of the weapons.   

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

I think we personally had the best session of Iron Banner we've ever had. We had some golden hours that we just kept smashing teams into a Mercy rule. We had 6 or 7 in a row. it was crazy and hilarious, even better as some of us were way lower Power levels than the other team. Also, it was great to hook up with Forty (J) for so long.

We recorded a lot last night which was ace, looking forward to getting it all together. @Stretch616 @Misneach_ @crispymorgan and my shoulder charge Step Brother @Diddums.

Btw, I went back to my Inaugural Address Pulse Rifle from the raid and put on the Insurmountable Skullfort after Didds said it recharged your shoulder charge instantly. He weren't wrong!

22 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I think we personally had the best session of Iron Banner we've ever had. We had some golden hours that we just kept smashing teams into a Mercy rule. We had 6 or 7 in a row. it was crazy and hilarious, even better as some of us were way lower Power levels than the other team. Also, it was great to hook up with Forty (J) for so long.

We recorded a lot last night which was ace, looking forward to getting it all together. @Stretch616 @Misneach_ @crispymorgan and my shoulder charge Step Brother @Diddums.

Btw, I went back to my Inaugural Address Pulse Rifle from the raid and put on the Insurmountable Skullfort after Didds said it recharged your shoulder charge instantly. He weren't wrong!

Was an awesome night. It really felt like we were in the groove with it and almost untouchable at times. Even though the rewards were pants (I got the damn rocket launcher 6 times!!), it was an absolute blast.

This is back on today for the whole week.

Don't forget, with the changes incoming with the patch on reset it will mean that Iron Banner will now have 7 Powerful Engrams (from bounties) to chase and all of them will be easier to complete as the objectives are being tweaked.

Let's hope we can party up as much as we can to get those bounties

I played 5/6 games last night, not all wins but you shouldn't have to play too much longer to get the bounties done. I think I did 3 out of 7 and the others are nearly complete as well. There isn't any clan lock out one any longer I don't believe and the longest one seems to be 'Play 15 Iron Banner matches'.

Don't be put off by your Power Levels, I'm seeing a few higher players but not everybody is near 600.

I'm trying to do my Pulse Rifles quest step for Broadsword at the same time - good news, my go to Inaugural Address is exactly that. Bygones though was shredding me and others and Wavesplitter has become one of the most annoying guns to be killed against.