What don’t you like about Forsaken?

TigerBurge

What bugs you about the Forsaken release?

Not enough weapons is my biggest complaint. Removing Y1 weapons has really hurt the loot pool. I love getting new weapons and trying the rolls out but I’ve started getting duplicates of duplicates already. 

The sleeper in gambit needs to be adjusted. Hell I use it. It is almost unfair how easy it is to get multi kills with it. A simple fix would be adjust the amount of ammo you get from a brick. 

The vault needs to be separated like D1. Armor,weapons then other all separate. 

Make Xur mean something again. Give us bounties that we can buy for master work cores maybe. I’m fine with him not selling new exotics. It’s just now he is useless. 

Might surprise you but I agree 100% with all of TigerBurge's comments. Loot pool, Sleeper in Gambit, Yr1 Vault and Xur all need a little rethink. It's also fair to say these aren't major issues either, this is what we should be giving feedback on rather than the fundamentals like "more content plz".

The one that gets me really confused and disappointed of all is something that isn't high on the list but would expand the game hugely - more 6 player activities. I've finally got my head around 3-man, 4-man and 6-man activities at different times but they have finally got some activities that are extremely close to high endgame 6 player experiences, yet we can't enjoy them in a simple way of jumping together.

Escalation Protocol and The Blind Well are experiences imo that should be enjoyed in a 6 player instance, with party up systems just like the raid. You need to keep people together and if you only have Crucible Quickplay available for a 6-man team after a raid run it limits the 'social' aspect somewhat.

One answet could be in a further release to open up The Dreaming City as a whole to 6 player fireteams, even the Patrol. Just whack up the intensity and Power levels.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I think Bungie could have explained the proflgression system better, or even got rid of the two tiered ‘powerful engram’ system and have all powerful drops high. Rather than most of them just drop +1

Also I think the raid dropped too soon, most people are so far under light level that the raid is a few weeks off anyway. 

But overall I think they be done a great job on this expansion. So much to do, so much to chase, year 1 is already starting to feel like a distant memory

Bugs. I did the weekly wanted quest but got nothing and it disappeared. Bungie is aware and they're investigating the issue. Bugs in the weekly reset. 

The weapons, perks and modifiers seem weak still. Maybe because I've played a whole week with on only 1 exotic and haven't had an opportunity to play any other subclass to its full potential. Still using voidwalker with the nazerecs sin helmet to get quicker supers. 

How once again Y1 is left behind. Too much to do is a good thing. Make the raid and raid lairs relevant 
I read though making gear irrelevant from previous years is a common thing with MMOs. It just doesn't get good rep because its not entirely an MMO and I get that.

They made Year 1 armour still relevant although, lets face it, when new gear conea out you wanna get the new stuff. Everyone wants new loot.

I think making raids and lairs relevant to Power level will happen, just at a later date. My guess is at end of Year 2 rather than end of Year 3 like in D1. They seem to be learning quicker than D1 or its because their code base is easier to make changes.

I actually think their bug fixing is way better than it ever was, better than alot of other games out there. Communication of these too has gone up tenfold.

As Lee said, the previous 'year'/expansion's gear being left behind is a very common thing in MMOs. Having had experience of WoW etc, this wasn't an issue at all for me, but I understand where people who have played FPSes for the majority are coming from. One thing I do like done in MMOs like WoW is Transmogrification, where you can make current gear imitate the older gear of your choice.

For example, I have current (7th) xpac gear on my character in WoW atm, but the helmet has an appearance of one from the game's second xpac, the chest, legs, arms, boots have the appearance of a set from the 3rd xpac, and the cloak has the appearance of a Legendary item (that took a massive questchain to obtain) from the 4th xpac.

Via the FG App

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

You really can’t compare Destiny to MMOs though. It’s is a lot smaller. Then removing items will continue to keep it a small sample size. Destiny ,like The Division and Borderlands are is a class of their own. To me them not updating planetary vendors was a poor choice. No new loot. The way they have done factions is also a poor choice. They have made huge leaps forward with Forsaken amd I really do enjoy it. That said the thing that keeps a lot of people playing games like this is the loot.  

428FDA60-6FD9-44B4-B4D8-DF85774EB21D.thumb.png.0bf7a1454fd18fbae4dadb5cab5c6446.png

This pretty much sums up my feeling on the current loot 😏

You really can’t compare Destiny to MMOs though. It’s is a lot smaller. Then removing items will continue to keep it a small sample size. Destiny ,like The Division and Borderlands are is a class of their own. To me them not updating planetary vendors was a poor choice. No new loot. The way they have done factions is also a poor choice. They have made huge leaps forward with Forsaken amd I really do enjoy it. That said the thing that keeps a lot of people playing games like this is the loot.  

428FDA60-6FD9-44B4-B4D8-DF85774EB21D.thumb.png.0bf7a1454fd18fbae4dadb5cab5c6446.png

This pretty much sums up my feeling on the current loot [emoji57]
You hit the nail on the head more accurately when you said its like no other game. It takes elements from a lot of games and then makes something from it.

Loot is and always will be a problem. Needs to be something there always to chase as a player.

I do think the World Vendors need updating to give more reasons to go to the other planets. I imagine this again should be a Year 2 update.

The flip side and good news to what we have to look forward to should answer some loot problems. We have Faction Rally 3.0 to come back at some point alongside Trials. We then have Iron Banner on Tuesday followed by The Dawning Event coming next month.

Don't forget we still have some Dreaming City gear to obtain as well as the Last Wish Raid weapons too.

20 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Can't watch the video where I am at the moment but if you spend a little time with Spider you shouldn't have to many problems...he sells them

Via the FG App

Except they double in price every time. They start at 10 for one but for 5 it goes up to 160. And to buy 5 you end up spending 310. So it's really not a good system.

fart.gif

Except they double in price every time. They start at 10 for one but for 5 it goes up to 160. And to buy 5 you end up spending 310. So it's really not a good system.
As Datto says it's not a bad system, just needs tweaking. I agree that you need another place for MW cores however it shouldn't be a "farming" option. Infusion has to more of a decision rather than it make you completely dismiss all weapons for one goal of getting a higher Power Level.

As Datto says it's not a bad system, just needs tweaking. I agree that you need another place for MW cores however it shouldn't be a "farming" option. Infusion has to more of a decision rather than it make you completely dismiss all weapons for one goal of getting a higher Power Level.
I disagree. It IS a bad system. You shouldn't need MW Cores just to infuse. At least not for Legendary gear. It should apply for Exotics. The system before was perfectly fine.

Via the FG App

fart.gif

19 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

I disagree. It IS a bad system. You shouldn't need MW Cores just to infuse. At least not for Legendary gear. It should apply for Exotics. The system before was perfectly fine.

With the addition of random rolls, gear has far more stuff about them. I don't think it's about just infusing shit aimlessly to get to 600 quick as we can.

Whilst I enjoyed my infusion plan over the last few years, that doesn't mean it's right going forward.

Don't forget I'm saying I agree it needs changing, which they have confirmed something will happen, just doesn't need removing completely. Infusion in games should be a decision, not just an action.

Maybe stick a weekly bounty from Spider for 10 MW cores. Or give rewards after completing a Nighfall for 5 MW Cores. That's a better solution.

You need to find the gear you want and wait till you can infuse it where it makes a big jump, I think with how little the amount of stuff in the loot pool just wait for a higher light item to drop as like for like is just glimmer.

Im glad we don't have to do old style farming runs and use gear to upgrade its perks etc like early d1

My issue is that if you get gear or weapons that you don't want but are a much higher power than your current gear then you have to equip them. Meaning you can't keep gear that you want. Unless you're lucky enough to have loads of MW Cores lying around.

Via the FG App

fart.gif

7 hours ago, MrBiron said:

I try to plan ahead...I always buy at least one every time I play so 5 costs me 50. 

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

7 hours ago, MrBiron said:

It resets every 3 hours. I buy one of them twice a day. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD