Last Wish Raid is still going?!

GazzaGarratt

I'm not watching any clips of any kind because I want to have my first run blind however I'm reading my Twitter feed and they are still going for World's First!

Atheon was 14 hours World's First completion....this is the first raid that could beat it!

This is even with people around 550 Power too.

Me thinks alot of us have a few weeks of grinding to do....

Holy shit still ongoing, bungie gone trolled everyone this time [emoji16]
Love it. Someone thought they had and then another phase kicked in! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

ITS DONE! Team Clan Redeem have done it. They are possibly going to be the only team within 24 hours at this rate. Unbelievable.

44 minutes ago, Jason said:

Datto and company still throwing themselves at it. Lol
One of them is gonna pass the fuck out.

Via the FG App

Lolz. I'm so glad they made an emblem for the first 24 hours completion 😂

19 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

As long as it's not taken a long time because it's too hard.

Via the FG App

You do need some serious power to get through final stages. I still won't check anything video or step by steps info. I seen Byf asking for help this morning from people that are 555 or higher as a minimum for the last segments of the raid. Grind has become very, very real.

It's a difficult balance. Too easy and it's not an achievement, too hard and it's a poor experience.

Via the FG App

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

And too many jumping puzzles and it's kings fall [emoji16]
I'll come out right now and say the main reason why people couldn't get on with it was because it was a proper raid. Multiple big boss battles and some mechanics to learn. Thats how full raids should be (barring the stupid running in a figure of 8 running). Also, because of that, Raid Lairs should get more credit than they got on release.

It we ask ourselves truthfully, its because we haven't got time to complete raids most of the time. Don't let the length of this put you off straight away. This raid shows early signs of the pinnacle of all raids which is great news.

6 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I'll come out right now and say the main reason why people couldn't get on with it was because it was a proper raid. Multiple big boss battles and some mechanics to learn. 

I disagree with you to an extent. It's the toughest raid we've seen in Destiny, however, don't forget that this is primarily caused by an aggressive disadvantage by being under the delta for power level. People are going into this raid between 530- 550. The raid is tuned for 560-580. I expect in a month when you have had four weeks of timed drops through milestones and dailies this raid will take about 1 1/2 to 3 hours to complete. 

Super difficult yes, but remember, we're heavily disadvantaged at this point with no idea about the games mechanics. Doesn’t detract from this amazing raid experience Bungie have delivered though.

• Modern raids take anywhere from ~8-20 days usually.
  • Temple of Ahn'Qiraj in World of Warcraft took 113 days to clear. 
  • The mythic version of the first raid of the current expansion just came out, the best guild in the world is currently 6/8 with around 45 hours played, the last 2 bosses are going to be much much harder as well.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I agree with all of that Rob about Last Wish. I was actually angling my comments to Kings Fall which is in my top 3 experiences ever on Destiny. We soon forget we did so much and had the UK vs US Raid Run. That was so much fun.

I agree with all of that Rob about Last Wish. I was actually angling my comments to Kings Fall which is in my top 3 experiences ever on Destiny. We soon forget we did so much and had the UK vs US Raid Run. That was so much fun.
I forgot... What team won that again??? [emoji1]

Via the FG App

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE