Football: Nations league

tronic44

Love the idea, just hoping it’s as competitive as the World Cup or Euros. We’ll have to see.

Will be routing for us, when we play Spain tomorrow.

Am on my phone so can’t change the font colour or add a proper banner. It’s even harder to see it once it’s posted, if someone could change the font colour that would be epic.

LEAGUE A

Group 1: France, Germany, Netherlands

Group 2: Belgium, Iceland, Switzerland

Group 3: Italy, Poland, Portugal

Group 4: Croatia, England, Spain

LEAGUE B

Group 1: Czech Republic, Slovakia, Ukraine

Group 2: Russia, Sweden, Turkey

Group 3: Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Northern Ireland

Group 4: Denmark, Republic of Ireland, Wales

LEAGUE C

Group 1: Albania, Israel, Scotland

Group 2: Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary

Group 3: Bulgaria, Cyprus, Norway, Slovenia

Group 4: Lithuania, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia

LEAGUE D

Group 1: Andorra, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Latvia

Group 2: Belarus, Luxembourg, Moldova, San Marino

Group 3: Azerbaijan, Faroe Islands, Kosovo, Malta

Group 4: Armenia, Macedonia, Gibraltar Liechtenstein

20 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I think it's a load of old wanky bollocks.

Nothing to do with Wales smashing Ireland last night.

Honest.

emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

😂 Wasn’t too impressed with that either 😕

Didn't Denmark have to field a pub team because their real players are on strike? They only lost 3-0 too which weren't too shabby. This tournament is nothing more than glorified friendlies but it's been created just to make the sports governing bodies more money.  I hate international; breaks at the best of times but these are gonna be just as bad even with a more competitive element to them. 

14 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Didn't Denmark have to field a pub team because their real players are on strike? They only lost 3-0 too which weren't too shabby. This tournament is nothing more than glorified friendlies but it's been created just to make the sports governing bodies more money.  I hate international; breaks at the best of times but these are gonna be just as bad even with a more competitive element to them. 

Denmark were forced to field a starting 11 which included a salesman, a student and an internet star for Wednesday's 3-0 friendly defeat in Slovakia.

The national team is involved in a commercial rights dispute with the Danish Football Association (DBU).

Players from Denmark's top two divisions and those based overseas were unavailable and will probably not play in the Nations League against Wales.

Danish futsal players also featured in the makeshift starting 11. 

Christian Offenberg, who led the attack for Denmark on Wednesday, is a part-time salesman who also plays for Danish third-tier side Avarta.

Right-back Simon Vollesen, who plays in the Danish fifth tier, is also a student, while Rasmus Johansson - a midfielder who plays in Denmark's third tier - is best known as an internet freestyle footballer, with tens of thousands of followers on Instagram and YouTube.

Slovakia's line-up boasted former Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel and Napoli playmaker Marek Hamsik.

Two goals in the first half from Adam Nemec and Albert Rusnak gave the hosts a commanding lead before an own goal from Danish futsal player Adam Fogt, on as a substitute, made it 3-0.

Denmark managed only one shot on target during the 90 minutes and had 27% possession. 

Professional futsal goalkeeper Christoffer Haagh did manage to save seven of the 10 shots he faced.

Denmark's next fixture is in the new Nations League on Sunday against Wales in Aarhus - and if the dispute is not sorted out, then the emergency stand-ins are likely to find themselves up against Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45429116

image.gif

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Didn’t see the England game but good to see we’re back to our normal selves. I was worried for a minute that we might actually be good.

Giroud became Frances 4th ever highest scorer, i still feel like he’s an underrated player. Also a shout out to everyone who remembers Ryan Babel, he scored his first competitive goal in 13 years against France last night.

Wasn’t Babel at Liverpool at one point? 

And Giroud really isn’t underrated. He’s probably the most frustrating player I’ve ever watched. Missing so many BIG chances to score while at Arsenal. Then suddenly he’ll score a peach like that scorpion kick which shouldn’t even have been a chance cause it’s fucking Giroud...

12 minutes ago, ChaosGladiator said:

Wasn’t Babel at Liverpool at one point? 

And Giroud really isn’t underrated. He’s probably the most frustrating player I’ve ever watched. Missing so many BIG chances to score while at Arsenal. Then suddenly he’ll score a peach like that scorpion kick which shouldn’t even have been a chance cause it’s fucking Giroud...

He certainly was at Liverpool, 10 points to you my friend.

Didn't realise Ryan Babel was still playing - I remember that name from when Liverpool twatted Real Madrid 4-0 almost a decade ago. Netherlands really scraping the barrel it would seem - that's the equivalent of now England calling up Shaun Wright Phillips or something!  

Liechtenstein won - fair do's it was only against Gibraltar but that means they are edging closer to the quality of teams like St Lucia and Scotland.

Didn’t see the England game but good to see we’re back to our normal selves. I was worried for a minute that we might actually be good.

Giroud became Frances 4th ever highest scorer, i still feel like he’s an underrated player. Also a shout out to everyone who remembers Ryan Babel, he scored his first competitive goal in 13 years against France last night.
Didn't catch it either but I heard we didn't play too badly. You have to keep at the new tactics that we play and struggle through rather than forget it all and really go back to what we were like. Its Spain at the end of the day AND the result should've been 2-2 if it wasn't for the useless Goal Line Referee.

Trust the process [emoji6]

26 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Didn't catch it either but I heard we didn't play too badly. You have to keep at the new tactics that we play and struggle through rather than forget it all and really go back to what we were like. Its Spain at the end of the day AND the result should've been 2-2 if it wasn't for the useless Goal Line Referee.

Trust the process emoji6.png

I completely agree, we should continue with the way we’ve been going. We could just do with a couple more world class players. We need a play maker and another striker.

I completely agree, we should continue with the way we’ve been going. We could just do with a couple more world class players. We need a play maker and another striker.
Agree with playmaker. Someone to unlock defences. Striker wise, I think we're blessed. We've got tons and one of the best with Harry Kane.

Don't worry, if we're struggling in over a year, Bradley Dack will ready and waiting in his newly promted Blackburn Rovers shirt [emoji2]