Battlefield v beta

techno

He raises an interesting point around the 4.25 mark - every match I've watched particularly on Rotterdam feels rather quiet for a 64 player battle. I saw a match yesterday where I thought it was an near-empty server because the guy didn't run into an enemy for about 5 minutes but when he put the scoreboard up, it was a full lobby!  This guy raises some pretty good points too:

I had a quick go last night, and I agree, feels like a weird cross between COD and BF3. Maybe I should try the PC beta...liking controllers less and less for FPS.

I'll give it some proper time before I settle on an opinion but Insurgency Sandstorm is looking like being my go-to shooter for the foreseeable future.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Played a couple of matches already and I am incredibly surprised at this game; it's even worse than what I was expecting and that's bearing in mind my expectations were already minimal as it is. 

The whole game just feels off. There are so many bad game design decisions that it just doesn't work unless every player in each of their respective squads is in perfect sync. Medics are redundant, respawning takes an age and the ammo count means you are seeking replenishment every 10 seconds. The non-existent spotting system makes enemies difficult to see so there's no point in scouting out positions now. Both matches I played on each map also felt rather bland and unspectacular too. 

The whole game needs an entire rework and even that might not be enough to salvage it. On a positive note, it's £50 saved!  

Played a couple of matches already and I am incredibly surprised at this game; it's even worse than what I was expecting and that's bearing in mind my expectations were already minimal as it is. 

The whole game just feels off. There are so many bad game design decisions that it just doesn't work unless every player in each of their respective squads is in perfect sync. Medics are redundant, respawning takes an age and the ammo count means you are seeking replenishment every 10 seconds. The non-existent spotting system makes enemies difficult to see so there's no point in scouting out positions now. Both matches I played on each map also felt rather bland and unspectacular too. 

The whole game needs an entire rework and even that might not be enough to salvage it. On a positive note, it's £50 saved!  
PC version? Oh man I had hoped that'd be better. I'll still give it a go on PC but yeah looks like no Battlefield for me for a couple of years.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

PC version? Oh man I had hoped that'd be better. I'll still give it a go on PC but yeah looks like no Battlefield for me for a couple of years.

Definitely give it a go Phil - it handles really well, looks remarkable and the performance is solid. It's just the design itself that is beyond baffling.  If they dropped the revive all system, added the classic spotting, decreased the respawn wait and buffed the scout class then we'd probably be talking a half decent game.  

DICE really need to pull their finger out in the extra month EA have given them and I hope they take a lot of feedback on board now that this demo phase has become a proper beta thanks to the delay.  

Another thing that pisses me off is explosives that do fuck all damage - grenade that lands at someones feet and they only lose 13 health then you get shot in the shin by a pistol at range and you're at deaths door. It's like they've mega-nerfed anything powerful but forgot things like explosives are supposed to be just that. 

Looks pretty awful to me, they never put out decent betas. It also looks pretty boring, it basically looks the same as the last one. Will definitely be giving this one a miss, plenty more games out there to play.

5 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

@Amnotright was saying last night its just like a DLC for Battlefield 1.

That was my primary concern when BF5 was announced as a WWII game coming straight from WW1. In all honesty, the game is so generic, if you added lasers it could even easily pass as Battlefront 2 DLC. The only thing that drastically differentiates itself from BF1 is the radical changes which are all for the worst it seems - I haven't seen one person satisfied with the new revive, respawn or ammo alterations in place.

This game doesn't seem to have the same immersion you had in Battlefield 1 either - matches often feel soulless, probably because half the lobby is stuck waiting to respawn and central things to the franchise like air and land vehicle combat is almost redundant on the two beta maps. 

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I just watched that you beat me to posting it.

I got into battlefield late with BF4 which I now consider to be my favourite fps game from playing dom which got my cod style fix to tank hunting in conquest so to see it goto shit with bf1 and now this is sad. That first 30 secs of angry Joe's video I mean wtf ?

I also watched this too

love when he gets the call and his review changes

So thanks dice / EA im saving £50.

On 9/9/2018 at 12:36 PM, techno said:

I just watched that you beat me to posting it.

I got into battlefield late with BF4 which I now consider to be my favourite fps game from playing dom which got my cod style fix to tank hunting in conquest so to see it goto shit with bf1 and now this is sad. That first 30 secs of angry Joe's video I mean wtf ?

I also watched this too

love when he gets the call and his review changes

So thanks dice / EA im saving £50.

Eventually watched abit of AngryJoe as you said in chat the other night - LOLZ. Looks like it saved me some money too.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb