Early Forsaken Tips and Info

GazzaGarratt

I'll start with @IPSWICH HIGASHIadvising last night about Infusion - any gun can go into anything now. Solid move considering the infusion costs.

Also found the below on Twitter which will make some people happy - better token than the Heavy Ammo Synths if you ask me

IMG_20180905_071924.jpeg

32 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I'll start with @IPSWICH HIGASHIadvising last night about Infusion - any gun can go into anything now. Solid move considering the infusion costs.

Also found the below on Twitter which will make some people happy - better token than the Heavy Ammo Synths if you ask me

IMG_20180905_071924.jpeg

The infusion of any gun is "old" news. I posted about that last week 🙂

I am still not able to purchase Forsaken. Downloading the update now and freed some space, hope that helps. 

2 minutes ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

The infusion of any gun is "old" news. I posted about that last week 🙂

I am still not able to purchase Forsaken. Downloading the update now and freed some space, hope that helps. 

Ah you did - apologies. I think its because we didn't know whether it was a bug or not.

I had heard that infusion costs will differ depending on how like for like the infusion is ( in terms of gun type ) , not sure how but something to watch out for. Personally not infusing anything just yet.

The Spider is a key character for infusion and other materials, including masterwork cores. Apparently his inventory changes everyday  so worth popping in and converting your mountains of glimmer to useful stuff.

Always have the right ghost for the location on, to pick up caches. If you don’t have a ghost have look in collections, the green planet ghosts are there and are cheap to buy and some show caches (which is better than resources )

Resources from running around doing patrols seem to have been reduced from last week. However swing by the planetary vendor and pick up bounties which give plenty of stuff

Old planetary tokens can be cashed in for faction packages, they drop year 1 gear so not really useful except for a potential light level boost. Worth doing early on as not much use later on

Masterworking year 2 weapons looks expensive compared to year 1. Personally I’m expecting to use year 1 masterworked guns for some time yet, as the ability to self generate orbs is so valuable. 

5 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Ah you did - apologies. I think its because we didn't know whether it was a bug or not.

No worries 😄

More imprtantly, I finally got to buy the Foesaken! I had to download expansion I and II, even though bought and finished them 😒

And now masterwork cores is part of infusion cost. At least when upgrading exotics 

Remember that you can only hold a max stack of 10 Ghost Fragments. Keep turning them into the Spider for bounties to avoid hitting cap, otherwise you just get glimmer instead of a fragment next time you're supposed to loot one.

Via the FG App

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

5 hours ago, Baabcat said:

I had heard that infusion costs will differ depending on how like for like the infusion is ( in terms of gun type ) , not sure how but something to watch out for. Personally not infusing anything just yet.

The Spider is a key character for infusion and other materials, including masterwork cores. Apparently his inventory changes everyday  so worth popping in and converting your mountains of glimmer to useful stuff.

Always have the right ghost for the location on, to pick up caches. If you don’t have a ghost have look in collections, the green planet ghosts are there and are cheap to buy and some show caches (which is better than resources )

Resources from running around doing patrols seem to have been reduced from last week. However swing by the planetary vendor and pick up bounties which give plenty of stuff

Old planetary tokens can be cashed in for faction packages, they drop year 1 gear so not really useful except for a potential light level boost. Worth doing early on as not much use later on

Masterworking year 2 weapons looks expensive compared to year 1. Personally I’m expecting to use year 1 masterworked guns for some time yet, as the ability to self generate orbs is so valuable. 

3 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

Will cash my planetary stuff in then was holding on till later, but if it's only year one stuff.....

Via the FG App

If you’re talking about the tokens for Amanda Bray, etc I changed some into engrams which opened at 409 so I’m debating keeping them awhile to see if they raise in value as my power level increases

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

If you guys are having trouble with activating the heroic mode on the new Cryo-pod public event. . . you kill both waves, big gun comes out. 

1. Damage him enough for 2 of 4 vents on the cryo-pod to begin smoking- shoot those vents. 
    1. Vents will blow open revealing an orb. Grab orb.
    2. Throw orbs at the boss's feet. 
  2. After 4 orb hits he freezes solid. It's not similar to the glimmer extraction public event. 
  3. Enjoy. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

So back to gun hording. I am okay with that.

Its odd wearing blue armor again though.

As an aside, the guardian getting to speak again was cool, up until I realized that we had 2 whole lines to say in the entire thing. Way to set the bar low for the next xpac

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

5 hours ago, Baabcat said:

I can confirm like for like infusion is really cheap, dropped two halfan d autos, different perks and the infusion cost was only 5k glimmer, nothing else. Any other infusion looked a lot more expensive 

This is confirmed that its cheap as chips if its a duplicate weapon infusion. Really good idea.

5 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

Wondering if I should switch back to my trusty Titan whilst it is still early on....

Titan 4 LYFE!!!

5 hours ago, Bluebear said:

Remember that you can only hold a max stack of 10 Ghost Fragments. Keep turning them into the Spider for bounties to avoid hitting cap, otherwise you just get glimmer instead of a fragment next time you're supposed to loot one.

Via the FG App

This is really useful mate. Want to get all the Wanted bounties as they last 7 days. Cheers.

What are the gunsmith parts used for currently?

Banshee was yelling at me last night because I was sitting on around 200 of them, so i went and turned them in. I noticed it was around 100 for a new engram from him, which made me think that they have to have a new use.

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

57 minutes ago, Sennex said:

What are the gunsmith parts used for currently?

Banshee was yelling at me last night because I was sitting on around 200 of them, so i went and turned them in. I noticed it was around 100 for a new engram from him, which made me think that they have to have a new use.

Turn them in for an engram. Each one costs 100. 

Nothing new except higher price. 

(correct me if I'm wrong) 

I was hoping they were a component for upgrades or something, but 100 pieces for an engram? Seems pretty high

remember-when-gunsmith-engrams-were-20-c

6 minutes ago, Sennex said:

I was hoping they were a component for upgrades or something, but 100 pieces for an engram? Seems pretty high

remember-when-gunsmith-engrams-were-20-c

I believe they did it purely because the previous number of 20 meant many players just would've had 100+ engrams to pick up which would just be too many for them to stomach. I must admit because the game still relatively showers you with tons of gear.

In a weird way I'm happy withh this cos I I dont want quantity, I want quality engrams.

With random rolls, what is the % chance of getting quality gear, as you put it?

Math points to you being wrong here. So does gameplay from Destiny 1.

Example:

With Random rolls, the chance goes down, so you will spend more parts to get the roll you want, not less. Can you still nail the best possible roll with 1 turn in? Yes absolutely, but the inverse is also true. (an infinite number of turn in's before getting it)

This was a change to make you grind more, we all know that, its not a change to get you better gear. I am fine with increasing the amount. 40 parts was a solid number to strive for.

So lets say you get 2 parts per weapon dismantle.

Previously, every 20 pieces was a chance for decent purple at your current LL or slightly higher.

Now its every 50 pieces.

From what i saw, the # of parts you get per dismantle has not increased.

Also for the record, I am absolutely fine with random rolls. I am not fine with the continued inflation of engram costs that has happened every DLC this game.

1 hour ago, Sennex said:

With random rolls, what is the % chance of getting quality gear, as you put it?

Math points to you being wrong here. So does gameplay from Destiny 1.

Example:

With Random rolls, the chance goes down, so you will spend more parts to get the roll you want, not less. Can you still nail the best possible roll with 1 turn in? Yes absolutely, but the inverse is also true. (an infinite number of turn in's before getting it)

This was a change to make you grind more, we all know that, its not a change to get you better gear. I am fine with increasing the amount. 40 parts was a solid number to strive for.

So lets say you get 2 parts per weapon dismantle.

Previously, every 20 pieces was a chance for decent purple at your current LL or slightly higher.

Now its every 50 pieces.

From what i saw, the # of parts you get per dismantle has not increased.

Also for the record, I am absolutely fine with random rolls. I am not fine with the continued inflation of engram costs that has happened every DLC this game.

You know what, i completely used the wrong phrase entirely. What a nob i can be rushing a post 😂

Yeah, so what I'm completely fine with is getting less gear from the Gunsmith. I have so many sources for drops now that i don't want to he overran with gear. Its overwhelming to the core player. So many times I've been on with everyone else and we're all saying "stop giving me too much!"

What was then happening was 30 minutes of administration on ypur character to clear the postmaster, etc. Thing is with random rolls coming back, we should now care more about each drop we get.

I'll still have a ton of admin time now - but more spent on looking at each weapon and working out if i I've got a good roll and gun, thus time better well spent.

So what is a god roll these days? 
Good perks or high stats? I consider my self a noob in this game. 
That's what I've asked in the random roll thread. Truth is I don't know yet. I'm hoping someone can find a simple list of every single possible perk that could drop and list them there. Then we can start working out whats possible.

I'm also a noob when it comes to perks.

1 hour ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

So what is a god roll these days? 

Good perks or high stats? I consider my self a noob in this game. 

firefly and full auto on a scout rifle