Forsaken - First Impressions

GazzaGarratt

Stick all your first thoughts here.

I'll be objective - my god it's beautiful. Only done the first few missions but early doors the world is impressive and the levels seem very robust and well made.

I actually spent about an hour just checking out the Tower and a few other bits to get my head in check.

The bounties are bloody great and the Pursuits tab is a very clever idea for all bounties and quests to be on there. It now shows like we have like a ton of objectives to complete.

Triumphs and Collections tab looks fantastic too, slick and simple in its design. Will lookbforward to reading all the lore in there as its picked up.

I wanted to find a fault with it so you wouldn't think I'm just being biased - but I haven't found one yet. Maybe Sleeper in Gambit is too OP but we only had one game.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Too early to really say but what they have implemented as far as quality of life changes seems solid. 

I don't like the idea of not being able to use my sparrow, personally I hate having to run for what seems like an eternity to get anywhere it's dumb. 

Gambit, I really want to like this it's a nice idea but it's just, to me a button mashing cluster fuck lesson in frustration, a game reliant on 1 weapon just doesn't work for me so while I will try it now and then it will be this year's trials, hope something gets done but I won't hold my breath. 

Weapon slots, not sure I will get used to a sniper in primary slot, so I've already decided they will be dismantled, I see no real use for it personally, some may.

Definitely seems enough to keep the casual gamer happy..for now.

First impressions are that it's solid. It's a shame the game was such a massive step back for the past year. This is how the game should have launched. Soft cap is LL500, the new heroic public event is quick and easy which is always nice. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

9 hours ago, techno said:

Too early to really say but what they have implemented as far as quality of life changes seems solid. 

I don't like the idea of not being able to use my sparrow, personally I hate having to run for what seems like an eternity to get anywhere it's dumb. 

Gambit, I really want to like this it's a nice idea but it's just, to me a button mashing cluster fuck lesson in frustration, a game reliant on 1 weapon just doesn't work for me so while I will try it now and then it will be this year's trials, hope something gets done but I won't hold my breath. 

Weapon slots, not sure I will get used to a sniper in primary slot, so I've already decided they will be dismantled, I see no real use for it personally, some may.

Definitely seems enough to keep the casual gamer happy..for now.

Where have you had a using your sparrow? Only the first part I couldn’t ride it. After that I’ve been able to call it up 

Wanted to save my impressions until I got into it a bit. Well done bungie,well done

Pros:

i actually enjoyed the story. No major flaws like with the other DLC’s. The voice acting was didn’t seem forced or stupid like in the past. Had to do a Osiris mission for the weekly heroic story mission and it was cringe worthy. That DLC was horriblely done. I like how they played on your emotions. Yes I hate Cyade is gone but for this to work it had to be him. No one would of given a fuck if it was Zavala or Ikora. The cut scenes were really great. Actually worth watching. 

Love how the used the adventures playing into the campaign allowing you to choose in a way what to do. Not just saying here go kill this guy. The barons were fantastic. Each was totally different,with different mechanics to each fight. 

Collection and triumph tabs are one of the best quality of life changes ever. I love collecting things and now I know where they are without having to go to a website to see what all I’ve gotted. Shaffer’s not costing glummer install on gear,about fucking time. 

Gambit is really fun. Can’t wait to get it it with a group. Like the pursuits and bounties are together and can be easy tracked. Like the feel and look of the new weapons. 

Cons:

I hate the new infusion. Don’t make us use masterwork cores to infuse into other items. Cores are too hard to come by. 

The clan XP. Don’t make one PVE bounty and all the other PVP. I don’t like being forced into playing PvP especially for clan stuff. 

Loading times and frame rate drop is horrible. Don’t know if it happens on a PS4 Pro but I’m regular I hate it. 

Wanted to save my impressions until I got into it a bit. Well done bungie,well done

Pros:
i actually enjoyed the story. No major flaws like with the other DLC’s. The voice acting was didn’t seem forced or stupid like in the past. Had to do a Osiris mission for the weekly heroic story mission and it was cringe worthy. That DLC was horriblely done. I like how they played on your emotions. Yes I hate Cyade is gone but for this to work it had to be him. No one would of given a fuck if it was Zavala or Ikora. The cut scenes were really great. Actually worth watching. 

Love how the used the adventures playing into the campaign allowing you to choose in a way what to do. Not just saying here go kill this guy. The barons were fantastic. Each was totally different,with different mechanics to each fight. 

Collection and triumph tabs are one of the best quality of life changes ever. I love collecting things and now I know where they are without having to go to a website to see what all I’ve gotted. Shaffer’s not costing glummer install on gear,about fucking time. 

Gambit is really fun. Can’t wait to get it it with a group. Like the pursuits and bounties are together and can be easy tracked. Like the feel and look of the new weapons. 

Cons:
I hate the new infusion. Don’t make us use masterwork cores to infuse into other items. Cores are too hard to come by. 

The clan XP. Don’t make one PVE bounty and all the other PVP. I don’t like being forced into playing PvP especially for clan stuff. 

Loading times and frame rate drop is horrible. Don’t know if it happens on a PS4 Pro but I’m regular I hate it. 

Great read Chris. I feel the same. Every part of it was well thought out and the cutscenes that I'd dismissed as they advised ahead that there would be less of them, turned out to be a real watch.

I don’t mind the masterwork infusion stuff, as you can buy them from the Spider, However what about mod cores, there seems to be no way to actually get them except by trashing already modded weapons. So how do you buy the new mods ! Hoping Xur has them

They did say mods would be a rarity so I'm not that concerned on this. Its an amazing feature as it gives you one free extra perk on a gun so i can see why they don't drop alot.

I'd focus on this later down the line where we get gear that is dismantled pretty quickly - you should by then have a few more.

Only thing I've noticed that I'd like better is the view of challenges in the Director. Overall, The Director looks and feels really solid. I didn't mind the milestones tab but sometimes not knowing when things become available doesn't help of you're trying to plan a night of grinding. Inwas going to do a picture of all the resets amd available powerful gear but I hear Bungie is doing one for us very soon so hopefully will be all good by then.

3 hours ago, Baabcat said:

I don’t mind the masterwork infusion stuff, as you can buy them from the Spider, However what about mod cores, there seems to be no way to actually get them except by trashing already modded weapons. So how do you buy the new mods ! Hoping Xur has them

It’s not using the masterworks to upgrade to higher masterwork. It’s counting cores to infuse a legendary to a legendary I don’t like 

45 minutes ago, TigerBurge said:

It’s not using the masterworks to upgrade to higher masterwork. It’s counting cores to infuse a legendary to a legendary I don’t like 

I think that was a slight dick move as well, although I can see how it's a positive in the end. No shortcuts anymore. Make sure to buy your daily 1 shard core from Spider each day!

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

41 minutes ago, The3rdWalker said:

I think that was a slight dick move as well, although I can see how it's a positive in the end. No shortcuts anymore. Make sure to buy your daily 1 shard core from Spider each day!

You only get one core per day to buy from him? didn't realise that as i haven't bought any yet.

Infusion does seem a little steep but I'm not overly concerned as with what Rob says everybody has to be a bit more conscious of decisions rather than just infuse everything into their favourite weapon.

3 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

I’m not too terribly worried about it but the cost of infusing into a exotic is a little crazy especially since it seems the drop rates for exotics aren’t that great anymore. 

I haven't dropped an exotic in ages. 

7 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

I haven't dropped an exotic in ages. 

This. And you know what? I'm ecstatic that's the case. Exotics should be rare not like when D2 started and most of the population had all exotics in about 4 weeks.

I personally think infusion costs will get tweaked within a month. Not by much as I get why theu want you to not do it all the time but having 4 different resources for one infusion is a little on the high side.