Rainbow 6 - Operation Grimsky

Nutcuttlit

It's finally here and I get to play as the lead singer of skunk anansie on defence and toasted alive by a capitao bolt right up my Bobby bottom. Let's hope that the number of bugs is less than a tramps vest this time though.

6 minutes ago, Nutcuttlit said:

Apologies I'm not used to this forum stuff

Via the FG App

No worries at all. I'd rather see people give it a try at posting than never post at all.

What's coming up new in GrimSky? Do you have any summary of patch notes at all?

Played a few games last night. 

Clash seems a bit shit in all honesty. Maverick is pretty good however and his semi auto rifle is an absolute monster.

The new recoil fix means ACOGs now actually work properly.

The new Hereford is excellent as well. It's a maze but so much than it was before.

fart.gif

The issue I see is with bo1s these operators can create a lot of “cheese” plays and losing rounds to that in a bo1 is terrible. A good example is like on Oregon teams do normal west clears when defense is in basement. Maverick can walk in blue with a drone and make a hole in blue wall and get a pick in the first 30 seconds when the team is setting up and there is no way to hear him. It is also not worth sacrificing utility like a camera or ela mine just to make sure it’s not done. There are countless other examples as well. Clash on border with acogs behind her is annoying to deal with as an attacker coming from spawn. This problem is also relevant on consulate. Clash stands with full view of a spawn point and calls players out to acogs. I’m sure other comp players have had similar experiences and can talk a lot more on the ops.

From SSG: 

the pros think Maverick is OP, as his tool is just too quiet, and thus makes counterplay really hard (the only way to stop him right now is to have someone watch a wall for him to bust down and shoot him while he's got his torch out, but then you have to have a player spend time staring at a wall hoping he breaks through).

Clash they're eh on, though did mention that she makes Capitao viable, as he's a hard counter to her (shoot a firebolt at her shield, the fire will spread around it and kill her), her shields good but (and I've noticed this at least) her particles seemed to be bugged, as sometimes the particles showing you hit a player don't show up. They did note her range with it is ridiculous though. We didn't spend as much time talking about her

Pengu and a handful of other players see Clash with the potential to be OP and currently I think the community at large believes Maverick just does too much. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

dealing with a clash being used like a Mira for spawnpeeks is a pain but if its ranked choose a spawn location farthest from site ,firebolt the bitch she will soon move from the window, zophia staggers her pretty easily or even just launch a smoke grenade at the window

Via the FG App