MW2 Xbox One

J4MES OX4D

Backwards compatibility now enabled https://charlieintel.com/2018/08/28/mw2-xbox-one-bc/

Strange decision to do this so close to the release of BO4 and now questions will be raised about the MW2 'remaster' but it's great to see this finally happen. The game may have had its problems but it will still go down as one of the most groundbreaking and enjoyable games ever made in an unforgettable era of games.  

I don't see to many folks questioning it. I know I didn't. It was fun as hell to play it again, I plan on doing a marathon of the campaign this weekend.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

1 hour ago, Sennex said:

I don't see to many folks questioning it. I know I didn't.

I'm talking about the rumored remaster and whether it will even happen now. Indications suggested that they held back on doing backwards compatibility because a remastered version was incoming to replace the BO4 camapaign or to fill in for the 10 year anniversary. Now Raven are dedicated to working on Black Ops 4 Blackout this year and as MW4 is supposedly coming next year;  people are wondering now that MW2 has been made backwards compatible, whether the remaster has been cancelled altogether. 

Last night was all "One Man army" spam with Shields and Javelins

So i would say about as usual as I remember it.

I do miss the maps though

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

1 hour ago, Sennex said:

I do miss the maps though

1 hour ago, MrBiron said:

Yeah the maps are superb.

Highrise, Afghan, Favela, Scrapyard, Terminal, Skidrow - all amazing maps for me. So good and refreshing to play on ones that have variety in terms of sizes and aesthetics. I'm so tired of these shitty 3 lane focused shoebox sized maps we see these days where you can only go left, right or middle.  

Highrise, Afghan, Favela, Scrapyard, Terminal, Skidrow - all amazing maps for me. So good and refreshing to play on ones that have variety in terms of sizes and aesthetics. I'm so tired of these shitty 3 lane focused shoebox sized maps we see these days where you can only go left, right or middle.  
You missed Invasion and Sub Base.

Via the FG App

fart.gif

4 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Favela is pretty much tight and 3 lanes. Also Scrapyard, Village and probably more. 

But there wasn't 335692 places to check for enemies as it is nowadays. 

9 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Favela is pretty much tight and 3 lanes. Also Scrapyard, Village and probably more. 

But there wasn't 335692 places to check for enemies as it is nowadays. 

There were some maps which had a loose three lane layout for sure but it was nice to play on others which didn't as it added to the variety. Back then we got small, all the way up to large maps and they weren't designed with three lanes in mind or a competitive-focus. Back then you could really choose a selection of gameplay styles and weapons like AR's and snipers had some use as intended rather than just quickscoping. Nowadays it's all about SMG's because that's all you need really.  A longshot medal now is shooting someone 10 yards away it seems.

12 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

that's kind of cool. I there a special version of the xbox needed for that or is the most basic able to support

all Xbox 1's can play it. If you have the disc, just put it in.

Backwards Compatibility is one of the best features of the system. It absolutely destroys the PS4's attempt at backwards games to be honest

7 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

There were some maps which had a loose three lane layout for sure but it was nice to play on others which didn't as it added to the variety. Back then we got small, all the way up to large maps and they weren't designed with three lanes in mind or a competitive-focus. Back then you could really choose a selection of gameplay styles and weapons like AR's and snipers had some use as intended rather than just quickscoping. Nowadays it's all about SMG's because that's all you need really.  A longshot medal now is shooting someone 10 yards away it seems.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Favela! And several other maps on MW2. 

1 hour ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Especially with Marathon + Lightweight + commando and a pistol with tactical knife 

Feel the love again :)

There's a fine line between love and hate there 😉

But my last visit to MW2, I ran around with MLC Tac Knife and  lunge killed quickscopers, which was 95% of the lobby. Oh the rage 😂😂

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I loved the battles you'd have in that middle building. A lot of people hated the map as it was really big but sniping and alternatively, weeding out campers was great fun. 

This is exactly why I loved it.

Trying to get from the east side spawn in that shitty store, over to teh warehouse in one piece was tricky. And then sweeping that building was just stressful fun. I never had a bad game there.

6 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I missed this era of the MP side but i bloody loved the Campaigns back then. I might dig it out at some point to try out the MP side of things.

MP was great, though hacked to fuck on xbox back in the day. There are coop v ai missions to do too which I really like. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg