The Big Bang Theory

J4MES OX4D

Finally ending https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45278187

I did enjoy the first 7 or so seasons but when Kaley Cuoco cut her hair, that's when it started going downhill. Not stating that as the reason why - just the rough timeframe of when it started going stale😎 The last season was just littered with too many tedious fringe characters in more prominent roles and the show as a whole went from a likable comedy into a cringeworthy slapstick show relying on the most basic type of comedy and simple script as ideas were running thin. Even once-decent characters had become increasingly annoying with their additional screen time and dumbed-down lines.  

The only thing that remained consistent over the years was the cast being hugely overpaid. I think even the biggest fans of the show will be glad it's coming to an end before its dwindling legacy is destroyed by more 3 year commissions with no new ideas. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've missed the last few seasons. The characters all started to grate on me after a while. Maybe I lost my sense of humour but all the smugness gets a bit over-bearing and I don't relate to it at all.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I can't see where any of the actors are going to end up with their characters being so embedded in their identity now. Kaley Cuoco has done a few fringe TV and movie roles along with most of the cast but I can't see any of them continuing their success in anything else. Still, when you have tens of millions in the bank, you probably don't need to work again.