Running / Cycling

Spacedeck

Got off a 9 hour shift today and was only planning a short and slow 5k but just in case I wanted to go a little thurther I got my hydration pack ready and a sis gel lucky I did but it wasn't the distance and that hurt but the heat as it was still 22 degrees I was a right sweaty mess. 

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/hqmZ2Z1NGgb

Screenshot_20210530_214648_com.strava.jpg

slamminbones.png

@slamminbones  - have you seen this?

cropped-plant_tress_website_comp.jpg
WWW.THECONQUEROR.EVENTS

Running, cycling, walking and any other distance activity an be fun and rewarding with The Conqueror Virtual Challenge Series. Sign up today and earn awesome medals!

@RenFengge I have haven't entered any yet but will be at some point main reason I have a few half marathon races coming up which aren't a problem but I need to train so I can get a decent time but with the heat in the UK at the moment is a problem. 

slamminbones.png

It's been just over a year since I ran a half distance and I knew I would struggle but not this much but the heat was unbelievable. 

Out again hopefully tomorrow morning for a 10k+ that is if I'm not in any discomfort 

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/AMp6R2Rkphb

Screenshot_20210626_173541_com.strava.jpg

slamminbones.png

While down Cornwall on holiday I managed to hide some running gear so I could get out but I was only going for a short run but some how I got lost 😂 so I saw another runner and asked him if he knew where par camping was which he replied he was going that way 10 minutes later he asked was it par village which I said no he said sorry mate you've gone the wrong way then a local sent me the wrong way by hey ho added to the distance. 

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/bM7R71RSBib

Screenshot_20210810_153128_com.strava.jpg

slamminbones.png

This Parkrun is a little hilly but still a decent time. 

It's my 2nd Parkrun which is quite shocking due to how long I've been running but once you get to 50 you get a t-shirt so something to work towards but parkruns are only on a Saturday. 

Their timings are off a little compared to mine. 

Screenshot_20210918_171000_com.claytonindustries.parkrun.jpg

Screenshot_20210918_190637_com.strava.jpg

slamminbones.png

Ran this bitch of a trail in road running shoes 😂which turned out to be more slipping than running. 

I stuck with another runner that drove us up there but I'd definitely do this course again if I had the right pair of trainers. 

IMG_20211030_133454.jpg

IMG_20211030_133433.jpg

Screenshot_20211030_194449_com.strava.jpg

slamminbones.png

It's been a long time since i got a PB but tonight's conditions were perfect a nice cold chill in the air no wind so put a pair of shorts on and a t shirt but was only going to do 5k then decided to go the little bit more. 

Screenshot_20211114_202004_com.strava.jpg

slamminbones.png

My 3rd ever park run. 

Postion 84th out of 369

Gender 69th out of 217

Age group 14th out of 36

Also got my 2nd fastest 5k at 22.48.

They had pens for you to start it based on your 5k time I should of been in the 2nd pen but started at the back as I went up with 3 others from the club I run in so had to run through alot of other runners so got held up alot but maybe I should of started at the front which the 3 I went up with did tell me too but didn't want to seem a dick as one drove up but they all came in separate times but maybe next time I will listen to them. 

Screenshot_20211120_121219_com.strava.jpg

Screenshot_20211120_121158_com.strava.jpg

slamminbones.png

For as long as I can remember the out side of my shoes wear down turns out I suffer with supination so I've been given exercises stretches and have to wear insoles to try correct it also been advised to either run less or slow down which is sod's law as my time has improved massively but hoping once its corrected I won't be in any pain after walks/runs.

slamminbones.png

I should of used trail running trainers not my road as this was along the coast and cliffs but with a little more training and proper foot wear I would like to get to barry island and back which will be around the 40km mark but as I'm sorting my life out now and getting back out there I'm back to enjoying running again.

Screenshot_20220529-211854_Strava.jpg

slamminbones.png